2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

My interpretation of the sherwood bet was just plain old disinformation, just like Fox did in his interview - there looks to be a clear strategy to say black is white until the season is finished - which you would think seems an obvious thing to do while we still have something to win. That or they speaka de truth.

The bet wasn't that we wouldn't see a takeover just that we wouldn't see one before July 6th. Which ties in with the Smith consortium stories which stated a takeover could take up to two months to complete, I'd presume there'd be a similar time frame for any other interested parties too.

(Translated):

Michel Platini will soon announce some news that should delight PSG. The UEFA President confirmed that the idea of financial fair play planning is in the air , but does not challenge this measure. "I think that the regulations that have been made ​​are fine.  The Financial fair play was voted by the clubs . The French press called that because it is not normal (...) In France, one can not buy players, and on the other hand, French want stricter enforcement if Qatar buys AC Milan, "he explained.  Thus, Michel Platini said that "things will be eased," but said that "it will be the executive committee of the decide. You'll know at the end of June . "

http://www.rtl.fr/sport/football/fair-play-financier-michel-platini-annonce-que-les-choses-vont-etre-allegees-7778397443

• Like 1

If they're going to make it genuinely fair and able to do what it's stated goal is (ie. No more Portsmouth situations), it should be about clubs ability to take on debt compared to their revenue.

Why they are preventing billionaires from pumping money into the sport I have no idea.

• Like 2

FFP will have to change. QPR will contest the football league one and as soon as one gets thrown out they will all collapse unless it's refined. Owners should be banned from saddling clubs with debt but should be allowed to spend their money as they see fit. Hopefully it might be getting changed just at the right time for us.

• Like 2

I thinking the easing of the rules maybe in relation to the sponsorship deals. I.e. you can have them way above the actual clubs value. If the owners guarantees a sponsor (or more accurately a false third party funder) why shouldn't the owners be able to invest that money into a club? It's safeguarded cash income.

FFP has done it's job in regards to stopping clubs going bankrupt by spending above their means but it's also created a ring-fence around the more established clubs.

Example:-

New owner of Villa gets Mullier Fruit Corner to sponsor us across 10 years for £200 million pound. Atm under FFP they UEFA will say jog-on Villa ain't worth that much. Maybe after the changes they will say ok you fund us to that value the club gets a stable secure income and gets to compete. It's your (owners) money after all.

Edited by supernova26

Example:-

New owner of Villa gets Mullier Fruit Corner to sponsor us across 10 years for £200 million pound. Atm under FFP they UEFA will say jog-on Villa ain't worth that much. Maybe after the changes they will say ok you fund us to that value the club gets a stable secure income and gets to compete. It's your (owners) money after all.

I don't think they do say jog on, and if they do you just get inventive and push it past precedents by including the academy and the local train station etc in to the deal

I think part of the point is they knew the market would become artificially inflated by the likes of psg and city but that the mega clubs would be able to ride that wave, would utds adidas deal be worth £80m or whatever it is a year without FFP? Would they have huge deals for their training kit? It's legitimately given a reason for those at the top table to flood football with even more money than before, if villas shirt deal is worth £200m then utds, Chelsea's, arsenals etc would still all be worth more, exponential growth or whatever it's called

That's why I think gill wanted it, no matter how FFP played out man utd would have ended up as one of the main beneficiaries

Edited by villa4europe

I wonder it our potential new owners have asked Platini for some advice on how the changes that they would want made to FFP might happen in the same way he or others might possibly have been asked for advice on how a 2022 World Cup bid might be won!  ;)

Â