2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Apart from Mendi probably the most reliable ITK on here (with the possible exception of Trent) being pretty adamant that Lerner and Ellison were in talks but Randy annoyed Ellison by changing his price at the last minute. I'm sure that's all water under the bridge now though anyway.

That's a joke right? I'm 99.9% certain the whole thing about Lerner and Ellison meeting was just made up.

I still have never worked out when he's joking.

That's a joke right? I'm 99.9% certain the whole thing about Lerner and Ellison meeting was just made up.

That doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen!

Seriously, I'd like some real new info, or some gossip with some kind of link to reality, this or another.

• Like 1

Seems like every day whilst we were battling relegation there'd be some story in one of papers about us being taken over in the summer. Now that we're safe it's gone all quiet, you'd think Percy would have something to say.

I know this isn't exactly new news but...

John PercyVerified account @John__Percy

should progress now PL survival assured. Nothing will happen before cup final but would be surprised if club not sold in summer.

Was his reply to someone asking him about an update, could be complete guess work, I guess though.

Edited by useless

mendi was atleast a bit entertaining, get him back :)

Wot about that Abdul geezer ?  At least everyone knew not to take Mendi seriously, people actually beleived Abdul and his Al batan load of bollox !!!!

• Like 1

Or a combination of 2 or more billionaires, who have a combined wealth of at least 13.2 billion.

nah, i want the chinese. a great bunch of lads.

I have a feeling the fact that no pre season tour/games have been announced yet points in favour of a takeover happening quite soon? Haven't made any plans so that new owners can choose destination maybe? 

Edited by avfcwills10

I doubt it. West Brom have announced their pre season plans and they have pretty much confirmed they are in advanced stages of a possible takeover. Must admit it's a bit odd we haven't announced our plans yet but probably has very little do with a takeover.

i guarantee one of our preseason friendlies will be against Swindon

Back on topic i really hope the takeover pushes ahead now with real pace

Anything going on behind the scenes when the season starts will be a real distraction

Edited by AshVilla

I doubt it. West Brom have announced their pre season plans and they have pretty much confirmed they are in advanced stages of a possible takeover. Must admit it's a bit odd we haven't announced our plans yet but probably has very little do with a takeover.

I'd be surprised if Albion are taken over, Even Pulis was stating the other week he'd be surprised.

just checking around the web, some guys are saying that Percy has backtracked and is now saying nothing is immenent, Does anyone have any info on this ?

He hasn't specifically said that but what he has done has gone from saying that we look set to be taken over soon after the FA Cup to we could be taken over during the summer. He's also said that the club intends to carry on with business as usual and go ahead with signing players, which suggests to me that nothing's looking likely as things stand.

Â