2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Without checking he mentioned the takeover talks had begun, mentioned the consortium with Adams as an option and mentioned one "party" was in due dillegence and also confirmed that on Twitter again a few days ago. I don't think he has said anything there that makes me doubt anything. As I said the fact he mentions it to me suggests something will happen as I do believe he has very good contacts at our club. Nursey on the other hand..

• Like 1

I have a feeling what the announcement will be is Randy's gone out and acquired a couple of partners with some extra cash lying around. So Randy stays on as chairman, Fox stays on as underboss, Sherwood stays on as manager, we have some more money to spend of transfers and wages, and hopefully we can put this long nightmare behind us once and for all.

• Like 1

It's got to be right. As my signature has said all year. I'd rather turn away from any deal that's not going to bring us on. They have to get it right if it's happening. The Premiership is becoming an absolute money pit where if you're not in the top 8 you're worried about relegation.

I have a feeling what the announcement will be is Randy's gone out and acquired a couple of partners with some extra cash lying around. So Randy stays on as chairman, Fox stays on as underboss, Sherwood stays on as manager, we have some more money to spend of transfers and wages, and hopefully we can put this long nightmare behind us once and for all.

What announcement?!

• Like 1

Fox told the Villa supporters' trust at an Q&A in February, that Lerner isn't interested in additional investors. If the club is sold it will be sold outright.

Edited by useless

Safe from relegation and playing in the FA Cup Final to a worldwide audience. What is not to like about that for a potential new owner?

The person that wants to buy us had better look to get it done sooner rather than later if they want a seat in the Royal Box at Wembley next to our outgoing custodian for the Final!

I thought there would be a few stories leaking out by now.

We've been officially safe for around six hours, give it chance. There might not even be anything to tell.

Enjoy the fact that we'll be playing Premier League football next season under a manager who, whilst not perfect by a long shot, can get us playing upbeat, confident and attractive football and can win games and worry about a takeover if and when the club makes an announcement.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind this too much at all to be honest, we keep the stability (I like Fox), Sherwood get's to continue building and Randy stays to make sure we don't get dicked over by some dodgy Malaysian. OR we could just get Chinese trillionaires, happy either way, I hope Sherwood gets to continue though.

• Like 1

What a terrific chance we have to push on next year with new owners. Timing is ideal, a team with a solid spine needing some quality additions, a manager not afraid to implement attacking football, sponsorship deals needing renewing, a fan base with recently renewed optimism (ahem saints result aside). We've got ourselves into position for this, the pyschology across the entire club and fanbase is right, more so than this time last summer.

• Like 1

What a terrific chance we have to push on next year with new owners. Timing is ideal, a team with a solid spine needing some quality additions, a manager not afraid to implement attacking football, sponsorship deals needing renewing, a fan base with recently renewed optimism (ahem saints result aside). We've got ourselves into position for this, the pyschology across the entire club and fanbase is right, more so than this time last summer.

Lerner still has to choose very very carefully who he hands us over to, and if that means staying another season till the right owner comes along then so be it.

For every Abramovich & Mansour there is a Vincent Tan & Tony Fernandes! 

Edited by Kingman

What announcement?!

The inevitable announcement

I still don't think we're going to be taken over. Feels very much like last season to me.

Given Sherwood's bet with the press it's certainly not going to happen any time soon.

I think people hoping for it to be done in time for next season will be disappointed

Â