2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

At least he admits he has made many mistakes. Second to that, it is good that he has spoken up.

I just wish these 5 years wouldn't have been so damn awful, it has ruined his time at the club and what many think of him. He is finally doing the right thing though, but his errors could have been catastrophic for the club.

• Like 1

Lerner seems philosophical in that interview. He also seems like he's hurting too. I trust that he will still look after us whilst still owner, even if not in charge of the day-to-day running of the club.

Still, the sooner we have a new owner the sooner we can start to move the club forward again.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting. I'm glad he's considering who he is selling to and not just how much he will get. Credit to him for that interview. Good to see there has been plenty of interest too

So, straight form the horses mouth - we know there are two serious parties looking at us. Sadly they are probably also looking at West Brom. I wonder why they even have to do that? Aren't we just automatically better in every way? Very welcome statement from Randy, good on him. Like WBA he is flushing out serious bidders with his statement about restructuring the board - we should see some movement now one way or the other.

On the one hand it seems like good news with Randy confirming interest and talks with a few parties. But on the other, stuff about appointing a chairman if he can't sell us, seems strange considering it seems like Fox is running the show anyway now. Almost feels like we're being braced for a no-sale and all that's going to happen is Fox will be given a new title to placate fans craving for change.

• Like 1

My god that doesn't very promising at all, it reads to me like a hell of a lot of unpopular decisions are going to be made, and Randy doesn't want to be associated with them. References to swansea and southampton are worrying (well run, but much smaller clubs than Aston Villa).

The new chairman thing is totally bizzare, as he conceeds Tom Fox runs the show, so tom Fox is either going to have his wings clipped, leave, or be promoted to chairman, given the rate Lerner gets through CEO'S and the low profile of Fox, I reckon his days are numbered.

Sure he dangles the carrot of sale, to me that just a bit of free advertising before the cup final, it also implies that any talks of a sale are at vert tentative stages - if at all.

Another upheaval, and another relegation struggle next season.

On the one hand it seems like good news with Randy confirming interest and talks with a few parties. But on the other, stuff about appointing a chairman if he can't sell us, seems strange considering it seems like Fox is running the show anyway now. Almost feels like we're being braced for a no-sale and all that's going to happen is Fox will be given a new title to placate fans craving for change.

If a new chairman is brought in, Tom Fox will depart IMO. He also makes reference to other new board members, Fox looks on very thin ice here.

A well written piece by a supportive journalist won't make me forgot how badly this club has performed for a long time or the record breaking things we've had to watch.

I'm glad he's admitted he's failures, but words mean nothing when the club is barely surviving each year.

Takeover doesn't look promising then, and reading his lack of interest in us now makes me slightly concerned for the budget Sherwood will now be given.

As soon as we can move on from Lerner the better.

• Like 1

If a new chairman is brought in, Tom Fox will depart IMO. He also makes reference to other new board members, Fox looks on very thin ice here.

No he doesn't. The Chairman is just a figure head. Some one where the buck stops. At present that's Lerner but he's not in the UK to be an active one. I bet you couldn't name Arsenals or Chelsea's Chairman but know the owners. Since Fox has been here we have been bringing in more board members people that are experts in their field. If Lerner does stay I can see him bringing in some board members with stronger Villa links.

No he doesn't. The Chairman is just a figure head. Some one where the buck stops. At present that's Lerner but he's not in the UK to be an active one. I bet you couldn't name Arsenals or Chelsea's Chairman but know the owners. Since Fox has been here we have been bringing in more board members people that are experts in their field. If Lerner does stay I can see him bringing in some board members with stronger Villa links.

Wait and see Fox will either be chairman or leave.

So, straight form the horses mouth - we know there are two serious parties looking at us. Sadly they are probably also looking at West Brom. I wonder why they even have to do that? Aren't we just automatically better in every way? Very welcome statement from Randy, good on him. Like WBA he is flushing out serious bidders with his statement about restructuring the board - we should see some movement now one way or the other.

I must have missed this?! I've just quickly read over the article again and can not see what you are referring too in terms of two serious parties?!

Seeing as Lerner trusts him he won't be leaving anytime soon under Lerners ownership! I doubt he'll become Chairman as he is a hands on bloke who's just in his first year as CEO but as you say we'll have to wait and see.

Seeing as Lerner trusts him he won't be leaving anytime soon under Lerners ownership! I doubt he'll become Chairman as he is a hands on bloke who's just in his first year as CEO but as you say we'll have to wait and see.

Lerner historically has got through CEO'S quite quickly.

Well Charlie Wijeratna was brought in, in February. Maybe this was with a view to eventually making Fox chairman. Although I suspect nothing will change really save for his job title.

My god that doesn't very promising at all, it reads to me like a hell of a lot of unpopular decisions are going to be made, and Randy doesn't want to be associated with them. References to swansea and southampton are worrying (well run, but much smaller clubs than Aston Villa).

The new chairman thing is totally bizzare, as he conceeds Tom Fox runs the show, so tom Fox is either going to have his wings clipped, leave, or be promoted to chairman, given the rate Lerner gets through CEO'S and the low profile of Fox, I reckon his days are numbered.

Sure he dangles the carrot of sale, to me that just a bit of free advertising before the cup final, it also implies that any talks of a sale are at vert tentative stages - if at all.

I'm not sure Randy Lerner could make us any less ambitious than we already are. We have to be sold ASAP as we will eventually go down under his ownership.

I'm not sure Randy Lerner could make us any less ambitious than we already are. We have to be sold ASAP as we will eventually go down under his ownership.

Agree, but it would appear that no one with funds is interested in buying us.

Well Charlie Wijeratna was brought in, in February. Maybe this was with a view to eventually making Fox chairman. Although I suspect nothing will change really save for his job title.

Is the CEO not the guy who runs the club?  Is the chairman not the face of the club?  Just wondering would fox not be better staying in his current role as it is more important?

Agree, but it would appear that no one with funds is interested in buying us.

Even if there are people with the required funding, it seems they also need to pass Lerner's questionable character profiling in order to have an offer accepted. Lerner's track record for Villa related decision making isn't the best.

Is the CEO not the guy who runs the club?  Is the chairman not the face of the club?  Just wondering would fox not be better staying in his current role as it is more important?

As I say I don't think anything will change, he'll have the same role just a different title, unless we're sold.

I'm wondering now if there's anything in the story of the Chinese choosing between us and Albion, sort of ties in.

Â