2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Am I the only one that has no preference for Chinese or American? Without knowing who either of the alleged interested parties are, it's hard to judge them yet.

That said, China is a bigger untapped market.

You answered your own question in the last sentence.

They MAY also be more inventive re FFP.

Apologies.

• Like 2

Am I the only one that has no preference for Chinese or American? Without knowing who either of the alleged interested parties are, it's hard to judge them yet.

That said, China is a bigger untapped market.

You answered your own question in the last sentence.

They MAY also be more inventive re FFP.

Apologies.

I thought FFP is going to be relaxed anyway?

Rob Harris @RobHarris

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox at #sibc on owner Randy Lerner: "My hope is he stays" but expects he will sell the cub. @SportIndustry

Nick Keller @Nickbeyond

Tom Fox "Our future owner will struggle 2 invest "lose"as much as our current owner in the last 8 years" #SIBC @AVFCOfficial @SportIndustry

• Like 1

I think people are making a bit too much of the statement "FFP is to be relaxed" and then assuming we can spend boatloads again.

That's not going to be the case at all. It will get relaxed, but like the whole nature of FFP, it will only benefit the teams at the top. 

Tom Fox walks the fine line between showing support for our current custodian whilst not saying anything that might not go down too well with our potential new custodian(s) with such comments. I like what he has done at the club to date and would like to see him continue at the club. But it may be that he considers a sale is likely to result in his going along with Randy. 

• Like 1

Rob Harris @RobHarris

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox at #sibc on owner Randy Lerner: "My hope is he stays" but expects he will sell the cub. @SportIndustry

Nick Keller @Nickbeyond

Tom Fox "Our future owner will struggle 2 invest "lose"as much as our current owner in the last 8 years" #SIBC @AVFCOfficial @SportIndustry

Bet the new owner will invest more than 12 mill ave over last 3 seasons.

Tom Fox walks the fine line between showing support for our current custodian whilst not saying anything that might not go down too well with our potential new custodian(s) with such comments. I like what he has done at the club to date and would like to see him continue at the club. But it may be that he considers a sale is likely to result in his going along with Randy. 

At the end of the day, if there is a confidentiality agreement in place with the reported buyer, Fox wouldn't be able to say anything other than he is at the moment.

Tom fox also said it wasn't really Lambert's fault a week before sacking him.

And I imagine fox does want Lerner to stay, with Lerner in charge he's running a premier league club.

Edited by DCJonah

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris

Nick Keller ‏@Nickbeyond

It's just a shame Lerners been here longer than that or it would've been a valid point

• Like 1

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris

Nick Keller ‏@Nickbeyond

It's just a shame Lerners been here longer than that or it would've been a valid point

It is a valid point... you don't spend by on your means them slam on the breaks.  The good he done in the first 5 years dont even come close to the bad he has done in the last 3 years. 

Maybe he meant to say "Our new owner will struggle if he invests what RL has done over the last 5 seasons."

Think he's just paying Randy some dues, I mean what have we lost the last 8 years total? 223m? 

FFP, out. Sugar Daddies, in! It would be fantastic to turn on Sky Sports News after a good sleep to find Jim White chopsing on about Villa's rich new owners having bids accepted for the world's top players.

I would hope our sugar daddies have the power to have people like Jim White removed from TV ;)

• Like 1

Â