2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Think Fox's comments may suggest that there won't be massive funds all of a sudden with new owners.

I think they were meant as more of a comment on what Randy has done for the club, rather than  any future new owners.

• Like 1

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris

Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox at #sibc on owner Randy Lerner: "My hope is he stays" but expects he will sell the cub. @SportIndustry

Nick Keller ‏@Nickbeyond

Tom Fox "Our future owner will struggle 2 invest "lose"as much as our current owner in the last 8 years" #SIBC @AVFCOfficial @SportIndustry

What language are these written in?
Wingdings.
  • Like 2

Though the identity of the mystery favoured bidder is unknown, Fox has hinted that Lerner will only have considered owners who have shown an understanding and appreciation for Villa's status within English football.

"Randy bought the club because he is familiar with the area," he explained. "He went to Cambridge and he understands the history of the club. When we met he gave me a book of the history of Villa and he talks passionately about the club.

"I think Randy is looking for people who obviously have the financial means to buy it, the financial means to continue support and people who understand what they're getting which is a real jewel within the English game. I am sure those are all part of the criteria that he's looking for."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tim-sherwood-future-not-secure-amid-150m-aston-villa-takeover-plans-1505413

It wouldn't surprise me at all, I think new owners will want to bring in their own guy. If so hopefully they've got someone sorted rather than them having to go on a managerial hunt.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, I think new owners will want to bring in their own guy. If so hopefully they've got someone sorted rather than them having to go on a managerial hunt.

This seems to be a common misconception but there are few (if any) examples of new owners doing this. Yes, they may eventually line up their own guy at the incumbent's expense but not instantaneously. It's not like Sherwood is unpopular either.

A jet is arriving at BHX tomorrow. It is owned by Valero Services Inc based in San Antonio TX

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=104866788

How do you know this mate?

I am an aviation geek!

You are just saying that to look cool!

Unknown_zpsnjxtdili.jpeg

• Like 1

Â