2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

It's a refreshing change to read from someone on here that knows what they're on about, HanoiVillan :)

Indeed. I'm a little bit ashamed in that not only am I racist, but it turns out I'm a bit ignorant as well.

It's okay, he was only having a go at me. The ****.

• Like 3

Well, anyway

And it's Aston Villa, 

Aston Villa FC 

Possibly owned by Chinese, or Americans, or who knows who. But it will all be OK if they are willing to throw a few bob in our direction (Subject to FFP of course) 

I was half expecting the club to come out and deny that any group had been granted exclusivity, today. Maybe that they haven't is confirmation that indeed it's true.

Edited by useless

Well its not 100% Chinese or American just because John Percy said it.. Lerner said he was in talks with groups all over the world

Edited by KSV

dont drink dont smoke? what's he do he do? subtle inuendos follow....

Tut tut, the lyrics are actually, "don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?"

Happy to correct your mishearing of 30+ years! ;)

And the the lyric was adapted from a bit of dialogue in the film "Grand Prix" - a short exchange between an F1 driver (may even have been Graham Hill) and and a racing groupie.
  • Like 1

Neil Moxley claims the group that looked at West Brom are Thai not Chinese and he thinks it's the same group that looked at us, so probably not chinese after all.

He also thinks it's the American group that are in exclusivity period.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Neil Moxley claims the group that looked at West Brom are Thai not Chinese and he thinks it's the same group that looked at us, so probably not chinese after all.

If I were a betting man, then my money would be on another US buyout. It just seems more likely to me.

Do you have a link to that?

Do you have a link to that?

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1433851200#

21:48 on 15:30-16:00.

• Like 1

He hasn't really said much at all, and nothing that gives me any confidence in his opinion that the preferred bidders are from the US.

Edited by useless

Â