FA Cup Semi Final Draw

Kingman

I'll take that, moreno & Johnson vs sinclair & gabby on the huge Wembley pitch?

I **** can't wait!

I'm sure the big pitch thing isn't true. I've a feeling Wembley's pitch is exactly the same size as ours.

I think it's a few yards wider.

According to Wikipedia , both are 105m X 68m.

Aren't all top flight  pitches now identical in size anyway?

People talking about Arsenal as if they're the best team in the history of football or something. Whoever we play we've got a real good chance beating them.

As long as they're West Brom

• Like 1

We've got 10 cup finals coming up apparently so this is going to be the least important game of the lot . Away from home, not a final, playing a team from the lower division, may as well send our academy down for a field trip

We've got 10 cup finals coming up apparently so this is going to be the least important game of the lot . Away from home, not a final, playing a team from the lower division, may as well send our academy down for a field trip

eh?

• Like 2

Yeah can't see us beating Liverpool. They have to be the most in form team surely?

Yep so in form they failed to beat Blackburn

The way some are talking we might as well forfeit the tie and watch it on telly. Cup games are one offs if the s***te down the road from us can beat arsenal no matter how they did it then so can we.

On the day with TS we have just as much a chance as arsenal and liverplop. By the way not aimed at you pieface. Aimed at all those writing us off as usual.

Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 1

I wonder if it is possible for them to move the Watford/Blues game to the Sunday if ours is considered for the Saturday? No doubt they won't be happy but money talks in football.

I personally can't stand away games on Sundays, would much prefer the Saturday.

Palace v little Albion isn't really a factor but I think Villa & Blues, both travelling down together could pose problems.

Blackburn to beat Liverpool on penalties, Arsenal already in the final.

So......we beat Blackburn to face Arsenal in the final.

Tall order, but if we've secured Premier League status for next season, it'll be a great day no matter what. I'd expect a a completely different Villa than the 5-0 capitulation under Lambert. Who knows, we actually beat them this year too...

Just read a rather depressing stat that Villa have failed to score in the last 5 FA Cup Semi Finals we have played in. Sorry to lower the mood....

Call that a stat?

Pfft.

Said Lambo.

• Like 1

Just read a rather depressing stat that Villa have failed to score in the last 5 FA Cup Semi Finals we have played in. Sorry to lower the mood....

Yeah probably I can recall losing 3-0 to the bin dippers at Old Trafford and in 2000 it was 0-0 with Bolton but we hammered them on pens 4-1 :)

Irrelevant statistic really considering the squads for each of those occasions will have been very different. 

They will be playing the replay 2 weeks before the semi, they are pushing for top 4 so can not rest players, injuries suspensions and fatigue could play a big part here. it only takes Sturridge to pick up an injury and they become impotent. we on the other hand are having players come back from injury. It is not guaranteed that they will beat us, As for Steve G he is not the player he used to be and can be controlled. Would not put it past Arsenal to choke in the Semi either going by form.