FA Cup Semi Final Draw

Kingman

People talking about Arsenal as if they're the best team in the history of football or something. Whoever we play we've got a real good chance beating them.

Arsenal will dismantle us in a final, they don't need to be the best team in the history of football to do that. Maybe in the semis, given the chase for top 4 they'd be involved in, you've got a chance. When the league is done and dusted, though, I don't think we have a prayer. 

I suppose we'll worry about that when we've beaten Blackburn or Liverpool. I certainly think we'd be capable of beating Arsenal and wouldn't expect to be dimantled by them at all. And I wouldn't put it past Reading or even Bradford to go and cause an upset in the Semi.

That would be fantastic, and I think Arsenal are possibly beatable in the semis if they have an off day. Of course, knowing our luck, Arsenal will go out on the Saturday, and on the Sunday we'll let a 1-0 lead slip in the last 2 minutes, losing 2-1 to a Gerrard peno

I'm actually canceling a holiday for this so we better **** win.

Was it a weekend break in London?

:lol:

Nah, 4 day European city break. I'll only lose about £250 and I was probably going to take at least that in spending money so it's not a massive hit. Might even be able to sell the holiday onto someone else as well.

• Like 1

Does being drawn at home for this actually mean anything? Can we pick dressing rooms or the end we have?

I think it does actually, I'm not certain but I think being drawn first gives us the 'home' dressing room and right to pick what shirt we wear

Bradford knocked Arsenal out that same year they did us. Spanked Chelski this season too. Lets not write them off yet (even though I expect them to get shafted)

By Reading?

Come on Blackburn.

To be fair we always do very well against Liverpool when we don't play them at Villa Park, we certainly have their number at Anfield. And even in the recent defeat we created plenty of chances against them so if our attacking players are on form still then we have a shot.

Pool did us last time we played them in a semi-final at Old Trafford. But that was then and this is now and we will not be playing them in any case we will be playing Blackburn and we do very well against them in semi-finals. ;)  

Edited by John

I'll take that, moreno & Johnson vs sinclair & gabby on the huge Wembley pitch?

I **** can't wait!

I'm sure the big pitch thing isn't true. I've a feeling Wembley's pitch is exactly the same size as ours.

I think it's a few yards wider.

According to Wikipedia , both are 105m X 68m.

"Blackburn will put up a fight in the replay, they'll probably be tougher to beat than Villa"

Tweeted on rawk.

They'd probably have had a point a few weeks back in fairness.

Under Sherwood i'm not so sure, we won't be pushovers if we lose let's put it that way. Can't see us rolling over for anyone. If we lose it will be through giving it a go from what I have seen so far.

• Like 1

Come on Blackburn.

To be fair we always do very well against Liverpool when we don't play them at Villa Park, we certainly have their number at Anfield. And even in the recent defeat we created plenty of chances against them so if our attacking players are on form still then we have a shot.

Pool did us last time we played them in a semi-final at Old Trafford. But that was then and this is now and we will not be playing them in any case we will be playing Blackburn and we do very well against them in semi-finals. ;)  

Yes I remember it well 3-0. in fact we have never beaten Liverpool in the FA Cup. Played and lost all 3. So 4th time lucky if we do meet them. 

• Like 1