FA Cup Semi Final Draw

Kingman

Have we even been in 5 semi finals since 1957?

In my lifetime I can only remember the Bolton & Liverpool semis and my memory goes back to the late 60's. Given we went through a grim period in the 60's, I can't see us reaching many semis.

Another stat-We haven't won at Wembley in our last 4 visits:

Bolton-Draw

Chelsea- Loss (twice)

Man U- Loss

Lets hope something gives

Looking forward to deflating the press around Gerrard when we beat Liverpool and exacting revenge against Arsenal for their 8 goals against us this season!

And then you wake up? ;)

Why would I want to do that? I'm enjoying this dream too much! ;)

• Like 1

Even if we did get past Liverpool, we would probably hand Arsenal another win.

Who knows but don't be so defeatist man. Have some belief. Wigan and Birmingham managed it in the finals against bigger teams somewhat recently I'm sure we can too. We have the players.

• Like 1

Just read a rather depressing stat that Villa have failed to score in the last 5 FA Cup Semi Finals we have played in. Sorry to lower the mood....

Don't worry. It's not like we've struggled for goals this season. We'll be fine.

• Like 1

At the start of the season I said I'd be thrilled with a decent cup run, and not getting relegated (although I'd settle for the latter!) and I would definitely call the semi finals of the FA Cup a decent cup run. I'd love a final, and I'd probably cream myself if we won, but I think semis is more than 'decent'.

• Like 2

If as seems likley we get Liverpool is the semi final I wonder what the odds be that:-

Liverpool don't get a penalty

and

Villa don't get a player sent of

I fear the influence of the referee in this game more than Liverpool - There trophy is cabinet must be 50% stocked by dodgy referring decisions

If as seems likley we get Liverpool is the semi final I wonder what the odds be that:-

Liverpool don't get a penalty

and

Villa don't get a player sent of

I fear the influence of the referee in this game more than Liverpool - There trophy is cabinet must be 50% stocked by dodgy referring decisions

That's why I said I hope we get Michael Oliver. He seemed to be pretty strong last night

It still could end up being Blackburn and Reading between us and the trophy

If that happened, and not that I'd be complaining, but there can't have been many easier cup runs than that throughout the years.

Even if we did get past Liverpool, we would probably hand Arsenal another win.

Who knows but don't be so defeatist man. Have some belief. Wigan and Birmingham managed it in the finals against bigger teams somewhat recently I'm sure we can too. We have the players.

It's what 25+ years as a fan does to you. I remember Man City fans accepting losing TO QPR, when they were 2-1 down, they just felt, because of their past, it was meant to be. It's hard turning a corner and always landing on hurt Street.