FA Cup Semi Final Draw

Kingman

**** sake not happy with that draw

Why? Would you prefer Arsenal?

I personally would but that is just my opinion I think they would want revenge after they beat us heavily in the league and obviously tim won't like arsenal so would be desperate to do them over. Dont fancy us against liverpool and yes im confident they will beat blackburn.

I thought Sherwood was an Arse man?

I'd rather face Liverpool than Arsenal 

I'd rather face Liverpool in the final than Arsenal

Same, but we've got more chance of getting to the final by playing Liverpool than Arsenal and again there's no guarantee that we'll even be playing Liverpool. Blackburn are going to really want this as well.

Yeah, but we've got practically no chance of winning it now. If we'd gotten Arsenal in the semis, then maybe you catch them on an off day and ride that success all the way through to the final against Liverpool. We'd have a chance there. Instead we're playing for the privilege of being beaten by Arsenal, essentially

I don't see how getting Liverpool and then Arsenal gives us "practically no chance" but getting Arsenal and then Liverpool would've done.

• Like 1

People talking about Arsenal as if they're the best team in the history of football or something. Whoever we play we've got a real good chance beating them.

Arsenal will dismantle us in a final, they don't need to be the best team in the history of football to do that. Maybe in the semis, given the chase for top 4 they'd be involved in, you've got a chance. When the league is done and dusted, though, I don't think we have a prayer. 

Same, but we've got more chance of getting to the final by playing Liverpool than Arsenal and again there's no guarantee that we'll even be playing Liverpool. Blackburn are going to really want this as well.

Yeah, but we've got practically no chance of winning it now. If we'd gotten Arsenal in the semis, then maybe you catch them on an off day and ride that success all the way through to the final against Liverpool. We'd have a chance there. Instead we're playing for the privilege of being beaten by Arsenal, essentially

Or we catch them on an 'off day' in the final after beating Blackburn.

Weird logic

• Like 1

I don't see how getting Liverpool and then Arsenal gives us "practically no chance" but getting Arsenal and then Liverpool would've done.

Arsenal in the semis would be when they're fighting for top 4 in the league. CL qualification takes priority, and there'd be a chance of players rested to ensure they get that next year. In the final, there are no more games, they go full strength regardless

If we win and Arsenal wins, we are guaranteed a spot in the EL next year, right?

No

I thought it did - however, I am easily confused. The runner up gets a EL spot if the winner is in the Cl or has already qualified for the EL via the league? If it's a Liverpool -Arsenal final and both have qualified, then the EL spot reverts to the league and probably ends up with Southampton?

I think next year it changes again and only the winners can qualify through the FA Cup - is that the case?

The winner of the FA Cup will earn automatic qualification to the 2015–16 UEFA Europa League group stages. If, however, the winner of the Cup is already qualified for the Champions League or Europa League (through position in domestic league), then the highest placed team in the 2014–15 Premier League not already Europe-qualified will claim this Europa League place. In a change to Europa League rules, qualifying slots for national cup winners no longer pass to the runners-up if the winners have already qualified through their league

• Like 1

Nah if we were the team to lose in the final and hand Gerrard his golden handshake we'd never hear the end of it.

If we have to lose to Liverpool I'd fancy Arsenal to turn them over in the final anyway.

• Like 1

Who knows?

At this stage last season to win the cup Arsenal simply had to beat Wigan and Hull.

They were within 10 minutes of losing to Wigan and needed penalties to get through and of course nearly messed up the Hull game big time, 2 down within 8 minutes.

I do accept a lot of that was probably down to not winning a trophy as a team for so long so that won't be an issue this season.

Happy with Liverpool (if they beat Blackburn) Already beaten them once this season. Yes they're a different team now, but so are we under Sherwood.

Edited by benireduk