Tickets

Mic09

I can't buy until tomorrow but I also live in London and have things to do so I can't be going all the way to the ticket office just to collect. So essentially I can't get a ticket because of the clubs administrative decisions. 

Extremely unimpressed.

..... or you can't get a ticket because you can't be bothered to make that a priority ?

Seriously, strikes me some folks want to get a ticket without doing anything. If you REALLY want a ticket then it is not that difficult ..... just needs a little effort !!! 

So I need to take 6 hours out of my day and spend £40 on the train just to physically collect a ticket which could easily just be posted to me? For a ticket allocation which isn't even selling out? And you'd like to blame me for this? You can do one mate. 

call them up...i live in Bournemouth and they made exception for me and are positing the ticket i ordered this morning

I'm as big a Villa fan as any but if I moved from Bham to London or somewhere similar distance, I'd seriously be unsure about booking a day's holiday from work and spending £30-40 in travel to get a ticket when they could just post one out special delivery as it's nearly a week until the game. I'm sure fans who live a long way away would be quite happy to pay £5 or whatever special delivery costs. Alternatively a pick-up point at Wembley as somebody suggested would be fine, where you provide your name, address, DOB and client ref. to ensure no one except you can get their hands on it.

As many pointed out at the time they announced the criteria etc, they have made a right mess of distributing the tickets.

Can see them having to allow ST's to buy additional tickets on a first-come first-served basis in order to achieve a sell-out.

I can't buy until tomorrow but I also live in London and have things to do so I can't be going all the way to the ticket office just to collect. So essentially I can't get a ticket because of the clubs administrative decisions. 

Extremely unimpressed.

..... or you can't get a ticket because you can't be bothered to make that a priority ?

Seriously, strikes me some folks want to get a ticket without doing anything. If you REALLY want a ticket then it is not that difficult ..... just needs a little effort !!! 

So I need to take 6 hours out of my day and spend £40 on the train just to physically collect a ticket which could easily just be posted to me? For a ticket allocation which isn't even selling out? And you'd like to blame me for this? You can do one mate. 

call them up...i live in Bournemouth and they made exception for me and are positing the ticket i ordered this morning

Thanks Tom, I will call them up later today to see what the deal is, even if they won't let me buy til tomorrow.

Hopefully they'll post for me as well, the game is on Sunday, there's plenty of time. I'll work something out to be there in any case. 

Went in this morning and got one for a mate who lives up north. Don't normally praise the ticket office but it was very good this morning. Plenty of people serving and started selling them just after 8.00 as people were queueing.

I agree the whole ticket criteria has been dragged out. Can only presume that they didn't want to be inundated with ticket requests and spread the criteria out to avoid it.

If that is the case and is a proper policy they need to publicise it.

Similar to the re-assigning of tickets - it appears to be done at the discretion of the person you deal with as opposed to a proper policy one way or the other.

All a bit of a shambles.

Can confirm Just got tickets via the phone for me and my son no idea what block was so excited just to get them!

Living in Hampshire  and as stated sending first class recorded :) lady in ticket on the phone was very helpful as my son didn't have the required criteria so big thumbs up from me!

UTV!

so what is the criteria now how many games booking history? is it two or one?

Officially 3+ today, 2+ tomorrow, but I get the feeling that there are that many ticket left, the ticket office are prepared to bend the rules, as long as you've been to a match this season, to get rid of them.

I got mine on Saturday online with only 3+ and even 1 with 2+,also says on website tickets will be posted today but will be last day.

Edited by midian

Â