Tickets

Mic09

My last hope was that my uncle wasn't going and I could use his reference and phone up and get a ticket sent out today, but he's on holiday so can't get hold of him, so looks like i'm gonna be watching from home.

Even changed my flights back to uni for this thursday rather than next monday like originally planned so I could go to the game if I could get a ticket :(

My last hope was that my uncle wasn't going and I could use his reference and phone up and get a ticket sent out today, but he's on holiday so can't get hold of him, so looks like i'm gonna be watching from home.

Even changed my flights back to uni for this thursday rather than next monday like originally planned so I could go to the game if I could get a ticket :(

If you can confirm name, address, post code, DOB, phone number etc, you might be OK.

If you can confirm name, address, post code, DOB, phone number etc, you might be OK.

Turns out he's not away and he's goin down VP tomorrow to try get me one, hopefully theres some left!

Edited by Pembers
  • Like 2

They could have skipped the whole of the "Season Ticket Holders for 10 years, with all cup games, got the home and away full kits, and at least one Villa tattoo" nonsense, and just given every season ticket holder, who wanted one a ticket. Job done, move on to the next criteria.

Totally agree, goodness knows why they did it that way. Surely they have the data to know that many of the first few windows would only sell a couple of hundred tickets if that.

Also making people wait until a couple of days before the game to get their tickets is harsh, as it's harder to arrange things, such as travel, child care, days off work to buy tickets, days off work to attend the game etc. So many reasons why the criteria thing was wrong. Also when the tickets first went on sale there were only one or two other games available to buy tickets for so the ticket office was quiet.

I can only assume it was done that way to stagger the demand and to allow the ticket staff to breathe every now and again. 

I imagine they have about what, 30-50 members of staff working the ticket lines during this period. Good luck trying to handle 20,000 phone calls all at once. 

The point was it was silly breaking it up the way they did; no one mentioned that they should've let the 18,000 ST holders all given the chance at the same time.

They surely have the data to enable them to break it up evenly over the period, as to ensure people aren't scrambling a couple of days before the game for travel etc.

Common sense really.

Edited by djamfisher

Or make it online only purchases for the first few days. I have absolutely no idea why anyone needs to call them up under normal circumstances. Calling with inquiries yes, but just to straight up purchase?

We've not done our bit here either!

Come home to a Royal Mail sorry we missed you card, the only thing I'm waiting for is my tickets.

I ordered my tickets on Wednesday.

http://mobile.avfc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=4639441

Only sales in person from VP. Though they said that on Sunday didn't they....

Information for supporters.

Please note that we are no longer processing sales for the upcoming FA Cup semi-final over the phone.

If you are looking to purchase tickets or wish to check your eligibility to purchase tickets for this match, then the only way to now do so is by visiting the ticket office at Villa Village, Villa Park in person.

For those supporters who have now received their semi-final tickets, we would ask that you are careful to cover your seat details and your personal data if publishing images of your tickets on social media.

This will minimise the risk of your tickets being fraudulently duplicated.

A non-specific reminder. Please do not attempt to sell or buy tickets for this fixture on this forum.

Private trades are not allowed for this match, at any price. There is no "face value" exemption. Please don't make me have to deal with police requests for your information.

Thanks

Or make it online only purchases for the first few days. I have absolutely no idea why anyone needs to call them up under normal circumstances. Calling with inquiries yes, but just to straight up purchase?

I thought this too BUT I strongly suspect those that got online tickets got way less choice regarding seats than people who phoned up and spoke to a person.

I got my tickets online and had choice of about three high tiered blocks. No ideas of row etc. For the record I was quite early in the queue (ST with 2 FA Cup) but was quite disappointed with the options/ information. I was on at 9am on my first day of sale so wasn't exactly hanging about either.

Should we get to the final, I'd definitely phone up next time.

I thought this too BUT I strongly suspect those that got online tickets got way less choice regarding seats than people who phoned up and spoke to a person.

I got my tickets online and had choice of about three high tiered blocks. No ideas of row etc. For the record I was quite early in the queue (ST with 2 FA Cup) but was quite disappointed with the options/ information. I was on at 9am on my first day of sale so wasn't exactly hanging about either.

Should we get to the final, I'd definitely phone up next time.

Same. I then called to say I wanted to be in the lower tier (none available at the time I logged on) and they switched them for me.....

Looking increasing unlikely for me. I've got booking history for this season but the other half hasn't. The only thing I could think of is using my dads client reference but he's got no history from this season, has some from previous seasons.

Anyone think they'd accept that? I've the added bonus of not being able to collect in person. Not looking great at the minute.

Looking increasing unlikely for me. I've got booking history for this season but the other half hasn't. The only thing I could think of is using my dads client reference but he's got no history from this season, has some from previous seasons.

Anyone think they'd accept that? I've the added bonus of not being able to collect in person. Not looking great at the minute.

"Tickets for Villa's FA Cup semi-final are available on Wednesday to supporters with a varied booking history of two or more games."

Not sure but I read that as it doesn't have to be just this season, if that helps at all.

This will be the final chance, I think. Get yourselves down VP, bright and early if you want one!

Tickets for Villa's FA Cup semi-final are available on Wednesday to supporters with a varied booking history of two or more games.

Supporters are able to purchase up to six tickets for the Wembley match but must have a qualifiying client reference number for each one.

Tickets are available from 9am in the morning - but can only be purchased in person at Villa Village ticket office.

No ticket sales will be processed over the telephone as tickets are no longer being posted out.

Tickets will be handed over at point of purchase.

Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis.

Please be aware there are only a limited number of tickets available - so anyone turning up is not guaranteed the chance to snap up a seat for the showpiece semi-final.

We would like to thank supporters for not phoning the box office hotline for tickets since the start of the week.

This has enabled us to process tickets from the Villa Park ticket office efficiently during a hectic period.

"Tickets for Villa's FA Cup semi-final are available on Wednesday to supporters with a varied booking history of two or more games."

Not sure but I read that as it doesn't have to be just this season, if that helps at all.

Hmm, I thought varied history meant home and away in the league and cup games from this season. I'm not able to collect anyway, I think I'll head down to the pubs day of the game as its only half hour away and soak up the atmosphere. Thanks though.

Â