Tickets

Mic09

if villa dont sell out their allocation just goes to show what mindless idiots they are as the demand is there just their criteria has been stupid

Yeah, Its most probable we hardly sold that many tickets in the first couple of weeks due to the draconian criteria that never solved the problem, just moved the problem a few weeks down the line! 

Still seems a tad over the top to stop posting out with a further 5 posting days still available +Recored Delivery +Special Delivery Options! 

Also very surprised that you can collect late booked match day tickets from every visiting ground in the country (even yesterday at spurs) yet our very own state of the art national stadium, the home of football that cost £800m, There is no option of a single collection point on the day!

Edited by Kingman

I took a look at Liverpool's site and while it was no good to compare criteria as their situation is completely different let alone the short timescale, but they have been doing special delivery @£6.95 which was added to all orders. They also have a collection point at Wembley for supporters not in the UK or Ireland.

I heard over the weekend that Liverpool have already sold out and have asked for more.

They always want more than they are entitled to. They cannot be allowed to have them. Don't they have any consideration at all for the 20,000 + corporate clients, Club Wembley members and neutral fans who hoover up tickets for games like these?   ;)

Edited by John

Has our allocation sold out?

No. It needs to go to a general sale (basically a booking history)for us to sell this out. We have barely averaged 32,000 this season at home and that includes away fans. I think this highlights how much our support base has shrunk since the last time we got to Wembley 5 years ago. If we start winning more than 6 home league games a season under Sherwood I expect fans to come back, but we are down on numbers at present.

It wont go to general sale; due to obvious reasons; like the club not wanting Liverpool fans in our end.

Our reference numbers run into hundreds of thousands indicating that more than enough peopel are registered with the club to sell this out.

By now the tickets should be on sale to people with a varied history. I know plenty of people in this situation who are wanting to go. The fact that tickets are available shows the club has messed up the criteria. I agree with their prioritisation in general; however, they gave far too long for ST holders to claim theirs.

My mate runs a coach for Villa away games and he is refusing to run any more (currently doing 5) as it is too late. Due to it being so late in the day could prevent us from selling out. I'm guessin train prices will now be sky high, and many people will be worried about getting coaches down to the ground. Which will mean people wil lhave to drive; and Wembley isn't great for driving.

TFF i think you make some valid points; but i do felel if the club had made the tickets available to varied booking history by now this may have sold out. This late in the daythough it may take general sale to sell out.

Would I be able to phone up and go and collect after work, anyone know? Rather than wait til then. Not that it really matters, as i'm sure there will be some left. Just that i'm doing a favour for my nagging sister.

Unlikely , buying in person only now

I can't buy until tomorrow but I also live in London and have things to do so I can't be going all the way to the ticket office just to collect. So essentially I can't get a ticket because of the clubs administrative decisions. 

Extremely unimpressed.

I can't buy until tomorrow but I also live in London and have things to do so I can't be going all the way to the ticket office just to collect. So essentially I can't get a ticket because of the clubs administrative decisions. 

Extremely unimpressed.

..... or you can't get a ticket because you can't be bothered to make that a priority ?

Seriously, strikes me some folks want to get a ticket without doing anything. If you REALLY want a ticket then it is not that difficult ..... just needs a little effort !!! 

Yeah that was a bit of a silly thing to say.

Not everyone can make the trip to Villa Park and back to pick up tickets.

The option of collecting from a pick-up point at Wembley would be a much, much better idea.

• Like 2

Extremely unimpressed.

..... or you can't get a ticket because you can't be bothered to make that a priority ?

Seriously, strikes me some folks want to get a ticket without doing anything. If you REALLY want a ticket then it is not that difficult ..... just needs a little effort !!! 

That is ridiculous you expect him to go all the way up to birmingham just for a ticket? Come on paul your answer is very silly thing to say

I paid more and travelled 200 miles because I wanted to be there ...... I could have found plenty of excuses not to do it !!!

This is Wembley !!!

Edited by Paul33

Extremely unimpressed.

That is ridiculous you expect him to go all the way up to birmingham just for a ticket? 

YES !!!!!!!!!!!

I paid more and travelled 200 miles because I wanted to be there ...... I could have found plenty of excuses not to do it !!!

This is Wembley !!!

Why did you travel 200 miles?

You could buy them online before today...  :detect:

Â