Tickets

Mic09

What's the current criteria on getting a ticket?

It's a reference number with 2 games from this season today.

Woman at the ticket office yesterday seemed to think there is a chance it could sell out today; but i'm not sure.

Got tickets in a £43 section, row 9. That suggests the row behind this are all available. Got them at 2:30 yesterday. She said they had just opened up the particular block; i'm guessing it's the last block now.

I'm currently queueing outside the ticket office. I'd guess there's about 200-300 people here so far. Gonna be pissed if they sell out before i get in [emoji16]

If they tell you you've got the last ticket, wouldn't you be tempted to turn around and auction it off?
Hmmm does it make me a bad supporter if i say yes?

I'm currently queueing outside the ticket office. I'd guess there's about 200-300 people here so far. Gonna be pissed if they sell out before i get in [emoji16]

If they tell you you've got the last ticket, wouldn't you be tempted to turn around and auction it off?
Hmmm does it make me a bad supporter if i say yes?

Not if you spend the takings on tickets for the final ;)

• Like 1

Yeah the que is back past the club shop and along the wall I drove in and back out again!! I don't mind queing for 30 mins but that would take a couple of hours. Really daft that you can't book over the phone and collect in your own time before Sunday.

I'm quite embarrassed that we haven't sold out yet to be honest!

Why? This is totally down to the way the tickets have been sold. There are so many people that want / wanted tickets. If for instance (and I know this would never have worked), they put them all on general sale (the same way they do for a concert or a festival), and it was first come first served, we'd have sold them all straight away, and then some.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

I still think it will sell out, as it will be on varied booking history tomorrow or Thurs. However, the club have made it a lot more difficult that it needed to be. Should have started something like:

Day 1: Holte End ST holders this season

Day 2: North Stand ST holders this season

Day 3: Trinity Road ST holders this season

Day 4: Doug Ellis ST holders this season

that means no more than 5,000 tickets being sold each day, which isn't that many across 3 channels; online, over the phone, and in person at the ticket office.

• Like 1

They could have skipped the whole of the "Season Ticket Holders for 10 years, with all cup games, got the home and away full kits, and at least one Villa tattoo" nonsense, and just given every season ticket holder, who wanted one a ticket. Job done, move on to the next criteria.

They could have skipped the whole of the "Season Ticket Holders for 10 years, with all cup games, got the home and away full kits, and at least one Villa tattoo" nonsense, and just given every season ticket holder, who wanted one a ticket. Job done, move on to the next criteria.

Totally agree, goodness knows why they did it that way. Surely they have the data to know that many of the first few windows would only sell a couple of hundred tickets if that.

Also making people wait until a couple of days before the game to get their tickets is harsh, as it's harder to arrange things, such as travel, child care, days off work to buy tickets, days off work to attend the game etc. So many reasons why the criteria thing was wrong. Also when the tickets first went on sale there were only one or two other games available to buy tickets for so the ticket office was quiet.

Why? This is totally down to the way the tickets have been sold. There are so many people that want / wanted tickets. If for instance (and I know this would never have worked), they put them all on general sale (the same way they do for a concert or a festival), and it was first come first served, we'd have sold them all straight away, and then some.

Yeah many of them to Liverpool fans, or fans of other clubs. Did you mean varied booking history, rather than general sale.

Cos general sale would've cause mayhem. Prioritising ST holdetrs is fair; but giving them so long was ridiculous.

Totally agree, goodness knows why they did it that way. Surely they have the data to know that many of the first few windows would only sell a couple of hundred tickets if that.

Also making people wait until a couple of days before the game to get their tickets is harsh, as it's harder to arrange things, such as travel, child care, days off work to buy tickets, days off work to attend the game etc. So many reasons why the criteria thing was wrong. Also when the tickets first went on sale there were only one or two other games available to buy tickets for so the ticket office was quiet.

I can only assume it was done that way to stagger the demand and to allow the ticket staff to breathe every now and again. 

I imagine they have about what, 30-50 members of staff working the ticket lines during this period. Good luck trying to handle 20,000 phone calls all at once. 

I think its more to do with having such low booking history criteria. Its mor a reflection on our attendance this season.

Â