limpid

For about ten minutes we were playing pretty well . . . then what the hell was Okore playing at? All he has to do is stick his boot through it. Long road back from here unfortunately, and I don't think this team have it in them.

I think Clark headed it out wide before the cross in, when he could have headed it forward to a Villa player. But, there's no doubt Okore messed up big time for that goal. Thing is, everybody knew it was coming because we look so very, very average. Gabby should have got on the end of the cross from Benteke. We really are in the shit, no matter what the eternal optimists think.

• Like 1

we've played better than we have in a long time, created 5 or 6 chances but if you don't score it's meaningless

they create one decent chance and score

It's not meaningless in the big picture. We still have eleven games left, and it gives us hope. It may be meaningless for this game though.

well yes that is what i meant

Cleverley hasn't worked out the entire season, Gabby doesn't do anything, and Lowton just isn't as good as Cissokho.

Bacuna, Grealish, Gil, Cissokho...IMO all should have started, so yeah, team selection is a problem today. We had a 10 minute spell of decent pressure, and the rest of the half we looked same old tired Villa with no ideas, awful passing, terrible set pieces and mental errors.

I'm pretty sure Cissokho is injured. 

It's a really annoying scoreline, because for once we've been the better team.

Few things I've noticed:

I criticised the set up, but it's actually working ok. The tactic is clearly "give it to Benteke", but he certainly seems rejuvinated so maybe he's thriving off that.

Westwood seems to be playing the attacking role in central midfield as opposed to Delph, who is playing deeper. It's usually the other way round but again that seems to be working ok.

We seem to be almost 4-3-3 at times with SInclair joining the attack, but weirdly it seems to be Benteke who is working the channels and not Agbonlahor. I don't know if that's deliberate or coincidence. Maybe they've decided Benteke's final ball is better than Gabby's?

On the subject of Gabby, I think he's actually been ok today. He seems to be playing off Benteke a lot more effectively. He's staying a lot closer to him and is visibly making runs beyond him when benteke wins the header.

Poor defending from Okore for the goal. SHould have cut the cross out, seemed quite simple.

Cleverley is playing well, but I'd still like to see Gil replace him at some point.

Overall I think it's been much more positive. We're visibly more direct and we're creating more chances as a result. I'd be surprised if we don't score today, but it's frustrating because we really should be going into half time in the lead, not the other way round. Hoping for a miraculous turn around second half but I can see our lack of confidence haunting us again :(

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

This may feel like the ghost of Paul Lambert saying this but.. We are fecking unlucky.

I mean, you would think one of those hits, passes, strikes we have done would have drifted in. And then for Cissy to get a weak one.. I know football is a game of skill, but blow me we have to have the worst luck in the Premiership.

You make your own luck. You get what you deserve.

Old adages but they are very apt for this Villa team.

Edited by villarocker

We're unlucky to be behind. We've been the better side and have created enough to score a goal.

But we don't score goals and we concede sloppy ones, so it's looking more and more like this is the year we go down. Congratulations, mr. Custodian, you've destroyed the most beautiful club in the world. Go shunnamite yourself.

It's okay us playing better but I'd rather us play dead shit and get 3 points! If we don't get at least 3 points from this game and Tuesday's I believe we're down! Need a huge turn around in character this half, and some much awaited luck!

Â