The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Fair play PM for coming back and admitting a mistake. Not many would do that.

It's a passionate game. I think we're all just fed up of years of utter shit and we're taking it out on the wrong people. We're all Villa fans at the end of the day.

I agree. We have put up with a load of crap over the last five years, relegation would be the cherry on a shit sundae.  

Still prefer Sherwood to Gil DC?

Oh come on man, that's pathetic. You should know better than to point score.

I said too at the time that was a ridiculous thing to say. At the time, it was. That Sherwood needs to go doesn't change my opinion on that.

I agree.

But it was brought up so much in the past; over and over and over again. We weren't allowed to forget that somebody posted that and others liked it.

I'm in the wrong, but I couldn't resist.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I still think there's a chance he could go before Swansea.

Based on what exactly?

We're losing lots of football matches?

Yes because I totally wasn't aware of that...

You know what I was getting at. The board didn't act between the Stoke and the Chelsea game so why would they act now? We're expected to lose to Chelsea away at the best of times.

Based on what exactly?

We're losing lots of football matches?

Yes because I totally wasn't aware of that...

You know what I was getting at. The board didn't act between the Stoke and the Chelsea game so why would they act now? We're expected to lose to Chelsea away at the best of times.

O.k being serious, my hunch is he'll hang until Swansea but christ we need to win some games. The gap between us and someone like WBA is now 7 points this early in the season and it's not like they're that far up the league.

If you analyse the week after the Stoke game and last week there has been a lot of off the record sources from inside Villa in the pressure so the pressure is continuing on Sherwood, he needs a result quick otherwise he's out.

There's something fundamentally wrong at our club and has been for a few years. Not sure changing the manager will do anything or not (that's more to do with the fact I have no confidence in the board to find an adequate replacement), but as someone said here earlier it's the only thing we can do to try and turn this around.

• Like 1

Based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that there is a chance. For all we know a decision might have been made before today, when we fired Lambert it would seem as if that was decided before the Hull game. Besides I don't buy this idea that he won't be sacked because it's Chelsea we lost to and we weren't expected to get a result. There will come a time when the club will think enough is enough, regardless of who the last opponents were.

Plus at home to Swansea would be a good start for a new manager coming into the club.

I was a Lambert "supporter" right up until the end, I still think he's a decent manager, but after the Hull defeat he simply had to go or we would have gone down, he'd totally lost it, next week V Swansea is starting to feel like that game now, we are getting pretty cut adrift already and we need a bit of a run to get ourselves out of it. I believe we are good enough to do it, and we've certainly got time on our side, but the players need a boost, a new manager gives that boost even if it's only temporarily and I feel if we can get ourselves back into it we will be comfortable by the end of the season.

I think it's about time for Tim, but a win and a good performance can change a lot, if he's staying we need a victory next week, if not we need a new manager ASAP to give ourselves a fighting chance

• Like 3

Fair play PM for coming back and admitting a mistake. Not many would do that.

It's a passionate game. I think we're all just fed up of years of utter shit and we're taking it out on the wrong people. We're all Villa fans at the end of the day.

I agree. We have put up with a load of crap over the last five years, relegation would be the cherry on a shit sundae.  

this is the real problem I only. We re all so fed up after years of this dross, that what we really want is to yell at randy or tim, WTF ARE YOU DOING, but we don't have that option. So we come in here. I'm also an o/s fan but I happen to think most supporters want him gone so I don't think proximity to VP accounts for difference of opinion. As for Tim, for get keeping us in the PL, does anyone think he could bring us back up from the championship? If the team just weren't geling but the tactics were right I d happily give him more time despite the results, but he is floundering badly. They have strategy in the fizzy pop league to ya know. And if we d gone down last year I think we would have kept Grealish and possibly Gil, I think if we go down now we'll lose these players plus half of our French imports. Just depressing.

Â