The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Quite a few papers running with this story that apparently Moyes want the Villa job.

For multiple papers to report it I presume we are sounding out managers. Lerner would approve of Moyes, think Fox would too.

Didn't Lerner try to poach him from Everton years ago? His wanted Him for ages hasn't he?

Quite a few papers running with this story that apparently Moyes want the Villa job.

For multiple papers to report it I presume we are sounding out managers. Lerner would approve of Moyes, think Fox would too.

Didn't Lerner try to poach him from Everton years ago? His wanted Him for ages hasn't he?

I think so but not sure how credible it was. I think he likes him though. Right up Lerner's street, won't ask for much money but will do wonders with a squad through coaching/proper tactics.

• Like 1

Some of those did alright...Fellani went for 10m more to Man. United, they got most of their money back on Johnson from Fulham, it was hardly MON spunking up the wall money and he finished 3/4 seasons above us in that time.

But plenty of summers Everton had to be frugal, remember them signing Jermaine Beckford on a free as their main forward signing, that looks ridiculous now and yet he still got them top 8.

Thing I worry about with Moyes is how much the Man. United experienced has scared him. I've watched Sociedad a few times and they're as dull as a Lambert team to watch, his results have been very mediocre in Spain.

I'd prefer Rodgers of the two.

im sure Moyes had a decent amount of money at Everton and a bit of a myth he didnt. He paid big money at the time for players like Fellaini, Johnson, Biliyaletidenov etc

I seem to remember his net spend was very low compared to teams around him. Yes he spent big money sometimes but had very few failures and made a lot of money for the club.

Some of those did alright...Fellani went for 10m more to Man. United, they got most of their money back on Johnson from Fulham, it was hardly MON spunking up the wall money and he finished 3/4 seasons above us in that time.

But plenty of summers Everton had to be frugal, remember them signing Jermaine Beckford on a free as their main forward signing, that looks ridiculous now and yet he still got them top 8.

Thing I worry about with Moyes is how much the Man. United experienced has scared him. I've watched Sociedad a few times and they're as dull as a Lambert team to watch, his results have been very mediocre in Spain.

I'd prefer Rodgers of the two.

Unfortunately Rodgers is very unlikely I think. I think Moyes would tap into his Everton experience for us of that makes Sense. 

Went to Real Sociedad when they were 15th, improved the defence and confidence they finished 12th.

Obviously hasn't been a great start to the season for him but a win tomorrow takes them up to 9th. No doubt in my mind he would improve us and we would be mad to turn him down if he wants it.

• Like 1

he tightened the defence up but the football is atrocious to watch and nothing going forward

they were a free scoring team until he turned up. 130 goals the 2 seasons previous and think they have has 32 in 30 games since he took over

sick of negative managers

he tightened the defence up but the football is atrocious to watch and nothing going forward

they were a free scoring team until he turned up. 130 goals the 2 seasons previous and think they have has 32 in 30 games since he took over

sick of negative managers

who do you want then?

The football is far from atrocious to watch. You could say the same about the current clown we have in charge. Atleast Moyes has proven over a period of time he isn't a fraud and what he did at Everton (which is more our level as we aren't going for the title) was impressive.

• Like 2

Â