The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

While I think tim sherwood is a complete clown, I think many will be disappointed that when under a new manager, these players are utter gash too. 

We have an appauling player recruitment system that has been failing for years.

The problem at the moment is that there just isn't the media pressure yet - they're all still talking about last season and conveniently ignoring everything that's happened this season.

Not sure on that, Tim still has his supporters in there for sure but quite a few are smelling blood hence them using their contacts at VP and producing all these off the record stories saying Sherwood has only two games left. Something is brewing for sure.

The problem at the moment is that there just isn't the media pressure yet - they're all still talking about last season and conveniently ignoring everything that's happened this season.

Too busy discussing Klopp

yep MOTD is going to be a klopp plop wankfest for sure 

• Like 1

well tbf, tim sherwood doing shite at villa is about as interesting to the rest of the world as tim sherwood doing good at villa. Nobody gives a shit.

Fair play PM for coming back and admitting a mistake. Not many would do that.

It's a passionate game. I think we're all just fed up of years of utter shit and we're taking it out on the wrong people. We're all Villa fans at the end of the day.

I agree. We have put up with a load of crap over the last five years, relegation would be the cherry on a shit sundae.  

this is the real problem I only. We re all so fed up after years of this dross, that what we really want is to yell at randy or tim, WTF ARE YOU DOING, but we don't have that option. So we come in here. I'm also an o/s fan but I happen to think most supporters want him gone so I don't think proximity to VP accounts for difference of opinion. As for Tim, for get keeping us in the PL, does anyone think he could bring us back up from the championship? If the team just weren't geling but the tactics were right I d happily give him more time despite the results, but he is floundering badly. They have strategy in the fizzy pop league to ya know. And if we d gone down last year I think we would have kept Grealish and possibly Gil, I think if we go down now we'll lose these players plus half of our French imports. Just depressing.

What I worry about relegation is us cutting again in the Championship and then being relegated to League 1, like so many big clubs have done previously. Our club deserves better than that. 

• Like 1

well tbf, tim sherwood doing shite at villa is about as interesting to the rest of the world as tim sherwood doing good at villa. Nobody gives a shit.

Agreed it saddens me how irrelevant we have become

you know why, because it s easier. I work as a freelance writer over here and used to be a full time journo (yes I know like every other VTer). Deadlines are shorter and the pay is crapper, but the demand for content, especially click bait opinion is huge. So what s the easier position? Look at the players we ve lost, the fact TS rode to the rescue last season and this season we have a completely new team, crashing and burning, and take the 'Tim's being shafted' position or look at the end of last season, tactics and formations and the calibre, reputation of players bought in and take the 'Tim's crap' stance. A layman pundit can give you 800 words on the former in around 2 hours, even as a Villa fan the latter is going to take a lot longer to write and would take a lot more work. I think that s why a lot of media opinion backs him - because it's easy.

• Like 2

you know why, because it s easier. I work as a freelance writer over here and used to be a full time journo (yes I know like every other VTer). Deadlines are shorter and the pay is crapper, but the demand for content, especially click bait opinion is huge. So what s the easier position? Look at the players we ve lost, the fact TS rode to the rescue last season and this season we have a completely new team, crashing and burning, and take the 'Tim's being shafted' position or look at the end of last season, tactics and formations and the calibre, reputation of players bought in and take the 'Tim's crap' stance. A layman pundit can give you 800 words on the former in around 2 hours, even as a Villa fan the latter is going to take a lot longer to write and would take a lot more work. I think that s why a lot of media opinion backs him - because it's easy.

And he seems to have lots of friends in the media. The facts are simple; we took a massive punt on a hugely inexperienced manager and its not worked out. We simply cannot afford to do this. OK we can blame the owner and the hierarchy within the club as much as we like but it does not change the basic competency and capability of the manager. All the empirical evidence points to a manager completely out of his depth and bereft of ideas as to how to reverse the situation. Personally I don't see that changing any time soon.

And he seems to have lots of friends in the media. The facts are simple; we took a massive punt on a hugely inexperienced manager and its not worked out. We simply cannot afford to do this. OK we can blame the owner and the hierarchy within the club as much as we like but it does not change the basic competency and capability of the manager. All the empirical evidence points to a manager completely out of his depth and bereft of ideas as to how to reverse the situation. Personally I don't see that changing any time soon.

Why oh why would we do this after the shit we have gone through. We needed experience, it was blatently obvious. The Villa job killed off Lambert, who had experience. To think Sherwood could do better was next to unprofessional, an from a man like Tom Fox to make this decision, is worrying.

• Like 1

Why oh why would we do this after the shit we have gone through. We needed experience, it was blatently obvious. The Villa job killed off Lambert, who had experience. To think Sherwood could do better was next to unprofessional, an from a man like Tom Fox to make this decision, is worrying.

Two things. Desperation and lack of options. Remember this is the same lot who gave Lambert a new contract after 4 good games. The question is are they panicked enough to pull the trigger on Tim.

Â