The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Wonder if the club would sack him tommrow?:detect:

Doubt it. Will probably get the Swansea game and hopefully that will be his last game. If the board had anything about them they would get rid before that game in order to generate a better atmosphere at Villa Park.

• Like 4

Not just me. Many others who've reacted it the same way.

Today was all about a set of players who aren't up to the job. The only reason to change Tim would be because the team may need a new direction. 

Most Villa supporters understand that Tim's been put into an almost impossible position. 

Isn't an opinion. You're outwardly stating that 'many Villa fans know better'.

Which is bullshit.

Stefan, it's clear that post really riled people. No offense intended. I will go back and revise.

I think I need to take a leaf out of Hanoi's book and chillax a bit. I am worried about Villa getting into a management-change death spiral. That prospect truly worries me, and it drives my fears and thinking.

We've already been through that. Our owners have made some really shocking decisions over the last decade.

Martin O'Neill while getting 3 top 6 places in a row, did it with dinosaur style player purchases and spent too much money which has financially crippled the club ever since.

Gerard Houllier was starting to get it together but was a bit of a crock with his heart and couldn't manage us long term.

Alex McLeish was the wrong choice in a lot of ways.

Paul Lambert was great under severe financial restriction, but in the end gave up when he realised it was all futile.

That was the spiral. This manager was the biggest punt of them all, and he's seemingly not up to the job. Get someone with experience in quick and we might just be OK. Hanging on hoping he may turn it around is looking to be a very risky action right now.

• Like 2

plastic man I wouldn't go to the mods behind your back and accuse you of posting for effect I'll call you out on her so you can see. FairPlay for admitting the mistake in your post though. I admire that. I don't want to continue to debate you and you as that isn't fair. Let's keep it to our,  in my own opinion our out of depth ineffectual manager. 

I think after Swansea. I am so confused! I just wish a magician would come and fix our club. 

• Like 1

Seems many of us are just waiting by the OS for 'Club Statement'... I'm reloading in hope. Think the idea expressed by a few that Sherwood might work in the very short term but would be found out is very correct! 

plastic man I wouldn't go to the mods behind your back and accuse you of posting for effect I'll call you out on her so you can see. FairPlay for admitting the mistake in your post though. I admire that. I don't want to continue to debate you and you as that isn't fair. Let's keep it to our,  in my own opinion our out of depth ineffectual manager. 

I think after Swansea. I am so confused! I just wish a magician would come and fix our club. 

That Magician being a new owner. So frustrating at the moment.  

• Like 1

Seems many of us are just waiting by the OS for 'Club Statement'... I'm reloading in hope. Think the idea expressed by a few that Sherwood might work in the very short term but would be found out is very correct! 

I wouldn't hold your breath. He won't be sacked for losing the Chelsea game. Swansea is a different matter and it's 1 extra game closer to the end of the season if we get zero points.

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 1

We don't need a magician in my opinion we just need a better manager with a clear vision and who sticks by it. I think he has never recovered from our thrashing st Southampton and maybe never will. 

We need a new owner for sure , but for that to happen we need a viable purchaser to step up. That's why I won't blame Lerner for this seasons wows. Previous seasons yes. 

• Like 1

Would love a season where we can not worry about relegation and just enjoy football. 

Lerner would say I'm being too ambitious most likely. 

Yep. We can only dream of being on the same level as titans like Southampton and Swansea 

• Like 2

I'm looking at the fixtures and I can't see where the next point is coming from.

Watford at the end of November, possibly? Not sure if we'll be able to break down their defence.

possibly swansea and even spurs away we might nick a point but watford is the obvious one.

I'm looking at the fixtures and I can't see where the next point is coming from.

Watford at the end of November, possibly? Not sure if we'll be able to break down their defence.

possibly swansea and even spurs away we might nick a point but watford is the obvious one.

Swansea maybe. I don't think there's any chance we're getting anything from Spurs in their current form

I see Swansea playing out like the Stoke or West Brom games. No chance of anything at Spurs imo. 

Â