The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

. Continuously searching for that is why we're appoint unproven chancers like Sherwood. What we need is experience and proven ability to make a team play well relatively consistently. If it means we're boring for a season or two then so be it. I'd much rathe rbe borign and safe to give us somewhere to build from than attractive and relegated. 

In fairness, whilst I like the rest of your post, it has only been Lambert and Sherwood that have fit this bill. Unless we count McLeish as up and coming.

Houllier had a longer term strategy for sure, but that was at a different time and a different club.

I agree. I'm not saying we've always done that. I'm saying that our position now dictates, imo, that we should be looking for a safe pair of hands rather than an unproven manager who MIGHT turn out to be the next Mourinho and win us the league, but will more than likely be the next ole Gunnar Solksjaer and do the square root of **** all.

McLeish wasn't up and coming. but he was (and is) a terrible manager. Not hiring an up and coming manager doesn't mean we should hire just anyone who has experience. I'd still like it to be somebody good [emoji3]

We agree completely then.

Give me Big Sam, 3 years of whinging about the style of play, survival and then a 12th and 10th placed finish and then we can hound him out. It's the circle of life, as miserable a life as it may sound to some it's preferable to death. At which point, "we go again".

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers is the only UK manager, I can think of, who I'd like us to go for.

I dunno...

I wonder if he needs a break, being somewhat damaged goods right now, for example, nothing's been really made of him ditching a long term marriage for a fine young thing and there's no way this didn't affect his work performance, and I'm not sure of that's all sorted yet.

Well, and he's come across as a right arse over the last few months.

I don't know anything about his personal life. Just out of all the British managers he would be the best bet to offer us something new and maybe help to give the club an identity to be proud of, in terms of playing style. There are plenty of foreign coaches we could go for though, like Biesla, Remi Garde, Hiddink and many others.

Rodgers to similar to Tim (albeit better)

No to Moyes or Pearson

I quite like Dyche but too relegation tinged for now.

Would take Sam short term.

Would be ok with an experienced manager from abroad - think that would work well with our squad. (as long as it's not the cheese worrying magath).  They would need to have been in a fight though. 

And obv Tim out first. 

In terms of British Managers you've got Allardyce (gong to Sunderland), Moyes (already has a job) and then beyond those two I can't think of anyone else who might be considered a 'safe pair of hands'.

'Arry, innit.

Appointing that word removed would definitely be the final nail in the football coffin for me.

Same.

I honestly don't know if I could watch us if Harry was in charge. 

But surely staying in the Premier League is more important than watching 'Arry be in charge?

We wouldn't stay in the premier league with 'Arry in charge.

^ we need an unlike/***hat button

and a deluded/realistic post button

The deluded would click the Realistic button

The realistics would click the Realistic button 

The rest of us would be non the wiser

• Like 1

Pulis or O'Neill

Are you for real? Wouldn't want Pulis and O'Neill is a dinosaur of a manager! He has burned all bridges at Villa after what happened last time!

yes for real, MON is a fantastic manager who gave Villa the best years of football and competitiveness in my time. 

Pulis or O'Neill

Are you for real? Wouldn't want Pulis and O'Neill is a dinosaur of a manager! He has burned all bridges at Villa after what happened last time!

yes for real, MON is a fantastic manager who gave Villa the best years of football and competitiveness in my time. 

Different times.

No - was only joking!

Assuming Tim is sacked then we should just go for the best available manager regardless of where they come from.

Will be interesting to see how much patience Tom has because Sherwood might be here for longer than some are expecting.

Â