The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He simply coming across like di Canio/Keane/Poyet (as a few of the most prominent) or any number of young managers who have initial success based on reputation/motivation but when that dies down are found out for not understanding the tactical basics. Most players take what the do quite seriously and will be able to see right through Timmy.

It was a gamble when we hired him, with lots of upside. He kept us up, but the sooner we accept that this simply is not going to work out the better. Cheers Timmy lad, was worth it for the 'pool game alone! 

• Like 1

He simply coming across like di Canio/Keane/Poyet (as a few of the most prominent) or any number of young managers who have initial success based on reputation/motivation but when that dies down are found out for not understanding the tactical basics. Most players take what the do quite seriously and will be able to see right through Timmy.

It was a gamble when we hired him, with lots of upside. He kept us up, but the sooner we accept that this simply is not going to work out the better. Cheers Timmy lad, was worth it for the 'pool game alone!

Contrary to popular belief, it was not Sherwood that kept us up, it was Benteke's timely return to form.

• Like 4

Contrary to popular belief, it was not Sherwood that kept us up, it was Benteke's timely return to form.

Much like Sherwood claiming he's never at fault, it seems we have a knack of claiming he's never in the right.

He undoubtedly played a big part in a] getting Benteke back to form and b] keeping us up.

If we were relegated, it would be entirely because of Sherwood, not Benteke et al.

• Like 1

But surely staying in the Premier League is more important than watching 'Arry be in charge?

All joking aside, yes it is, but with him at the helm I personally wouldn't be watching.

• Like 1

Much like Sherwood claiming he's never at fault, it seems we have a knack of claiming he's never in the right.

He undoubtedly played a big part in a] getting Benteke back to form and b] keeping us up.

If we were relegated, it would be entirely because of Sherwood, not Benteke et al.

I'm not sure you know.

It's not like Benteke was a sack o' shite under Lambert though is it?  He scored 20 odd goals in one season under Lambert.

He was injured.  For a long time.  We kept losing games because we couldn't score.  He came back, not fully fit.  Lambert got sacked.  Benteke got fitter.  He started scoring goals.  We won a few games, drew a few games.  We stayed up.

Meanwhile, Sherwood was playing N'Zogbia and Cole instead of Gil.

Meh..  Maybe you're right.  Sherwood kept us up by saying "Christian, don't worry about what the world thinks... you're a **** GREAT striker."

• Like 1

Benteke's timely return to form fortuitously coincided with Sherwood's arrival? Coincidence - I don't think so.

Benteke's timely return to form fortuitously coincided with Sherwood's arrival? Coincidence - I don't think so.

Well I do.

• Like 3

He kept us up, he got us to a cup final...doesn't excuse the mess he's making of it now

How many games does he have to lose this season before people stop defending him based on what he did last year?

It's not just that we're losing them it's the manner of how we're losing them and his decision making, he's making last year look like luck rather than judgement

• Like 2

Well I do.

Good answer.:D:D:D

• Like 2

Sorry, I just think this thread now is really awful.    Whatever anyone thinks of The Manager, he is still at present our Manager.  I think the personal abuse being dished out is just awful.    We will see how long it takes for the thread on the next manager whoever it may be, to turn the same way. The problem is at the top and will not change until there is a change there

The problem is at the top and will not change until there is a change there

I agree that the longer term problem is at the top, but it is possible to have someone who knows what they're doing in charge of the first team whilst we wait for a buyer.  It is not acceptable to tolerate having someone in charge who admits that he'll keep changing the system until he stumbles across the magic formula just because our owner wants out.

Off topic but I'm not sure I'd include Poyet in the tactical simpleton bracket just yet.

There are a few British managers that I wouldn't mind but on the whole, it can't be denied that most of them are totally reactionary and years behind the curve. I'm not sure that the notion that foreign appointments are inherently more 'risky' - although understandable in theory - has much de facto grouding.

I also don't get this 'foreign managers are too risky' crap. Currently 9 out of 10 of the top teams in the Premier League have a foreign manager and quite a few of them had not managed in the PL before they took their jobs. Generally British managers are dinosaurs and that is reflected in the fact that their teams are usually found languishing in the bottom half of the division.

Pretty much this.  Most of the Premier League players are foreign and not solid-Brit players.  It makes next to no sense to limit a (potential) new manager search to these shores exclusively.

Brendan Rodgers is the only UK manager, I can think of, who I'd like us to go for.

I dunno...

I wonder if he needs a break, being somewhat damaged goods right now, for example, nothing's been really made of him ditching a long term marriage for a fine young thing and there's no way this didn't affect his work performance, and I'm not sure of that's all sorted yet.

Well, and he's come across as a right arse over the last few months.

Â