The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Odds on favorite for the Sunderland job, some reports suggesting he's going there until the end of the season. I just hope we don't end up with Nigel Pearson.

Foreign coach with new ideas please.

Save that for when we're a boring midtable team. Too risky

Everything is risky right now!  Let's at least enjoy someone who wants to play progressive football rather have Big Sam/Tony Pulis/<generic tough-Brit here> involved.

Buzz words.

I'll enjoy boring results which get us upto the haven of midtable. 
I'd rather that than gamble on someone "progressive" who gets us relegated.

Each to their own.

I'd rather we go down playing nice football and have a platform to come back up on than watch turgid shit each week that manages to get us into 14th.

Obviously, with the new TV money, this season is "more important" than before.  But, then, that money is only going to grow season on season?

Indeed, each to their own.

I can't understand anyone who would rather see us relegated than stay in the league purely for the fact (they think) they would be more entertained.

I'm not entertained by relegation whether it's attractive football or not.

Good football is winning football.

I really don't think the players are the problem. 

I think they are a big part of the problem

I think they're the middle-sized part of the problem. :P

I think we have a better squad now than we have had for a few years. Squad as a whole, we obviously don't have Benteke or anything similar, but we have a better squad. They need organising properly.

'Arry, innit.

I've already been asked this today by a Spurs mate of mine and I can honestly say I would take a break from watching football while he was manager here.  I absolutely can not abide the man.  Thankfully I think he hates us almost as much as we hate him so it would be surprising and massively galling if it happened.

• Like 2

'Arry, innit.

I've already been asked this today by a Spurs mate of mine and I can honestly say I would take a break from watching football while he was manager here.  I absolutely can not abide the man.  Thankfully I think he hates us almost as much as we hate him so it would be surprising and massively galling if it happened.

Arry, Pulis and Allardyce will do the same for me :(

• Like 2

I really don't think the players are the problem. 

I think they are a big part of the problem

I think they're the middle-sized part of the problem. :P

I think we have a better squad now than we have had for a few years.

Apart from Richards, Amavi and Gil, nobody has looked very convincing this season. That's a worry

Allardyce.

No other option at all as far as I'm concerned.

Get him in, steady the ship for 3 seasons, then move on.

And do it before Sunderland do... otherwise they will stay up, and we won't.

• Like 1

In terms of British Managers you've got Allardyce (gong to Sunderland), Moyes (already has a job) and then beyond those two I can't think of anyone else who might be considered a 'safe pair of hands'.

'Arry, innit.

Appointing that word removed would definitely be the final nail in the football coffin for me.

• Like 1

Bernd Schuster has no club but cant see us or him wanting to join us

Felix Magath? :D

Would make our players long for Attila the Hun's softer touch.

Odds on favorite for the Sunderland job, some reports suggesting he's going there until the end of the season. I just hope we don't end up with Nigel Pearson.

Foreign coach with new ideas please.

Save that for when we're a boring midtable team. Too risky

Everything is risky right now!  Let's at least enjoy someone who wants to play progressive football rather have Big Sam/Tony Pulis/<generic tough-Brit here> involved.

Buzz words.

I'll enjoy boring results which get us upto the haven of midtable. 
I'd rather that than gamble on someone "progressive" who gets us relegated.

Each to their own.

I'd rather we go down playing nice football and have a platform to come back up on than watch turgid shit each week that manages to get us into 14th.

Obviously, with the new TV money, this season is "more important" than before.  But, then, that money is only going to grow season on season?

Indeed, each to their own.

I can't understand anyone who would rather see us relegated than stay in the league purely for the fact (they think) they would be more entertained.

I'm not entertained by relegation whether it's attractive football or not.

Good football is winning football.

Don't mind if we're relegated, as long as we're playing 

Dyche anyone? And all-importantly, he has a great voice. And some dignity.

If we get relegated maybe, I'd like to think we'd be aiming a littel higher right now though.

Good thinking. That would be a good match under those circumstances, I agree. But -- today at least -- I think we ARE going to be relegated, so ...??????

'Arry, innit.

Yup. Heard him yesterday on the radio, and with respect, he reminds me of some people I knew in London whom I just ... loathed. 

'Arry, innit.

Arry, Pulis and Allardyce will do the same for me :(

But 'Arry's also physically not up for it anymore. He has ambulatory issues, if memory serves. He's no longer a lively presence, except in the media.

In terms of British Managers you've got Allardyce (gong to Sunderland), Moyes (already has a job) and then beyond those two I can't think of anyone else who might be considered a 'safe pair of hands'.

'Arry, innit.

Appointing that word removed would definitely be the final nail in the football coffin for me.

Same.

I honestly don't know if I could watch us if Harry was in charge. 

• Like 1

He was on the radio, the other day saying he wants to get back into football. But given his background controversies I don't think he'd be someone who Lerner would want on his payroll.

Edited by useless

Â