The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I agree but i doubt we will take action

We will probably sit around twiddling our thumbs as usual and be left with someone like Billy Davies or Neil Warnock to come in and save us at christmas

Edited by AshVilla

. Continuously searching for that is why we're appoint unproven chancers like Sherwood. What we need is experience and proven ability to make a team play well relatively consistently. If it means we're boring for a season or two then so be it. I'd much rathe rbe borign and safe to give us somewhere to build from than attractive and relegated. 

In fairness, whilst I like the rest of your post, it has only been Lambert and Sherwood that have fit this bill. Unless we count McLeish as up and coming.

Houllier had a longer term strategy for sure, but that was at a different time and a different club.

I agree. I'm not saying we've always done that. I'm saying that our position now dictates, imo, that we should be looking for a safe pair of hands rather than an unproven manager who MIGHT turn out to be the next Mourinho and win us the league, but will more than likely be the next ole Gunnar Solksjaer and do the square root of **** all.

McLeish wasn't up and coming. but he was (and is) a terrible manager. Not hiring an up and coming manager doesn't mean we should hire just anyone who has experience. I'd still like it to be somebody good [emoji3]

We agree completely then.

Give me Big Sam, 3 years of whinging about the style of play, survival and then a 12th and 10th placed finish and then we can hound him out. It's the circle of life, as miserable a life as it may sound to some it's preferable to death. At which point, "we go again".

Much rather see Villa relegated. 

. Continuously searching for that is why we're appoint unproven chancers like Sherwood. What we need is experience and proven ability to make a team play well relatively consistently. If it means we're boring for a season or two then so be it. I'd much rathe rbe borign and safe to give us somewhere to build from than attractive and relegated. 

In fairness, whilst I like the rest of your post, it has only been Lambert and Sherwood that have fit this bill. Unless we count McLeish as up and coming.

Houllier had a longer term strategy for sure, but that was at a different time and a different club.

I agree. I'm not saying we've always done that. I'm saying that our position now dictates, imo, that we should be looking for a safe pair of hands rather than an unproven manager who MIGHT turn out to be the next Mourinho and win us the league, but will more than likely be the next ole Gunnar Solksjaer and do the square root of **** all.

McLeish wasn't up and coming. but he was (and is) a terrible manager. Not hiring an up and coming manager doesn't mean we should hire just anyone who has experience. I'd still like it to be somebody good [emoji3]

Give me Big Sam, 3 years of whinging about the style of play, survival and then a 12th and 10th placed finish and then we can hound him out. It's the circle of life, as miserable a life as it may sound to some it's preferable to death. At which point, "we go again".

I assume you have no experience of relegation. Some of us have. You really do not want that experience.

• Like 1

I assume you have no experience of relegation. Some of us have. You really do not want that experience.

OK, big boy -- explain the horrors. Can't wait to hear this!

Wacky suggestion incoming.

I'd take O'Neill.

Michael O'Neill. Done a ridiculous done with Northern Ireland with a terrible squad.

Did a really good job at Shamrock Rovers but dont think his football or reputation would come across on Premier League players or fans

Behave

• Like 2

Sunderland appointing Allardyce would be double bad news for us.

Not only would we be missing out on a manager who could turn us around, but he'll more than likely turn Sunderland into a team who will finish above us.

"three worse teams than us" will be looking more and more unlikely.

I'll say it again, we'll be bottom after next weekend.

Edited by Stevo985

Allardyce certainly improves their chances but Sunderland are the one side in the league that I'd still not say it is guaranteed despite what should be an assured 'firefighter' appointment. They are a total mess.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Would much prefer someone who is more of a manager then a former player trying to be a manager. Someone who understand football and can work out a coherent system and adapt it to fit the opposing team and situations that unfold in matches. I just don't see that coming from an English or Scottish manager, but maybe I'm being assumptions. Tuchel, who's at Dortmund now, was mentioned some time ago. I won't pretend to know to much about him or other coaches from the Bundesliga, but reading about him and analysis from games he's managed makes me wish we had someone like him in charge. It has been so frustrating watching Villa the last few years. There has been very little plan on our pressing and shape, and our style of play has been ever changing with the constant annoyance of our midfield separated from our attack, little to no movement off the ball and only burst of individual effort, seemingly from desperate frustration rather than anything resembling a team wide plan.

• Like 1

I think maybe instead of being somewhat flippant, you could show Antrim a measure of respect for his experience and opinion on the matter. :thumb:

• Like 1

I think maybe instead of being somewhat flippant, you could show Antrim a measure of respect for his experience and opinion on the matter. :thumb:

Thanks for your input.

Â