The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Come to Villa

Former Germany midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Klopp will be back coaching "very, very soon" and thinks he is suited to Anfield.

Effenberg, who played 35 times for Germany, is a good friend of Klopp and told BBC World Service Sport: "He gave me this answer a couple of weeks ago. He said, 'I'm ready for a team that's not on the highest level, to create something, to build something up'. This could be Liverpool, right?"

Well, let's see what happens. Somewhat telling that there has been total silence from Lerner and Fox, and no players have been rolled out to say anything in support of the manager.

silence? the only people calling for his head are people on football forums and facebook. Havent seen one media report saying he should be sacked and they only give a vote of confidence when media turn on them

Well, let's see what happens. Somewhat telling that there has been total silence from Lerner and Fox, and no players have been rolled out to say anything in support of the manager.

silence? the only people calling for his head are people on football forums and facebook. Havent seen one media report saying he should be sacked and they only give a vote of confidence when media turn on them

This is Sherwoods biggest strength, however badly he does on the pitch the media will most likely be on his side, he is young, English and gives the media exactly what they want, they love him.

I have to say I'm at the point now where I dont give a **** what we do. Obviously I do give a **** but I'm indifferent to our future. We sack Sherwood then appoint someone else? Will anything change? Has anything changed with the last 4-5 appointments? We've been wading through shit for 5 seasons and look like its going to be no different this season. Different managers/players and no change. I really dont think I would care THAT much if we got relegated, honestly. What does it stop us from doing? Being beaten every week and finishing 16th? I am supposed to long for being one of the worst teams in the top flight? It makes no sense. Genuinely the only thing we have to look forward to is a Cup run which we do about every 5 years. We then had a chance to win a first major trophy for 20 years and not only lost but basically didnt even turn up. The worst way to lose. League form? Shambolic and when we actually do win it's usually scrappy nonsense and lucky. Memorable victories like Man City two years ago or Liverpool last season come at best 1-2 times a season.

The point I am making is what are we going to miss? Relegation takes what away? Its already depressing and shambolic to support Villa and has been for years. People will say "through thick and thin" or other cliches but I watch Villa because it gives me pleasure when we win or play well, neither of which do we do anymore. I dread our games every weekend, the international break is welcome relief tbh.

But I'm sure we will all get excited again when a new manager comes in and we think he will get the best from our group of players and will push us up to the lofty heights of 12th. More than likely though we will continue to be mediocre and be calling for his head in 6 months.

One final thing, people are saying we signed good players last summer. Did we? I havent been impressed with many of them at all.

Gana - Looks average, loses the ball and is out of position constantly.

Amavi - Seems to have stopped taking players on rendering him neutered attacking and is out of position all the time defending.

Ayew - Awful in every game except against the Blues which means nothing to me, they looked like a pub team.

Gestede - Will score when given a good cross, he's awful at everything else.

Veretout - A slightly more comfortable on the ball version of Westwood. Doesnt offer much defensively and doesnt seem to create anything.

Lescott - Utter shit

Where's the good players? 

The only people calling for his head are the fans, who cares about them? It's what the media thinks that's important... really hope the club listen more to the fans than to what the media pundits think

Looks like Klopp to Liverpool ( i know we were never in for him) Big Sam looks like going to Sunderland. Teams struggling... acting swiftly to replace their manager.

We should be doing the same. We cant leave it any later...if Villa and Newcastle dont get rid of their managers soon it could be the end of both. Two massive clubs to go down in one season would be crazy.

This is where I am , its so infuriating to see other clubs taking action - whilst our 'fantastic Mr Fox'  doesn't have a clue what to do....... 

We don't know this at all. For all we know he's very much on the case. The TT team's body language makes me think he might be.

Of course he could be lining up a new manager as we speak........but forgive me for not having much confidence in the guy......

We wouldn't know if he was planning to sack Sherwood or not.

We didn't know before he sacked Lambert, and he has pretty decisive then, even though Lambert had just been given a new deal.

He'll do the same with Sherwood at the point he thinks this isn't recoverable.   But it needs to be a measured option with a lot of thought of the pros and cons.

and i'm sure that Tom Fox has already been doing that...  same as virtually every CEO of a football club is doing at various points of the season.

Just to put my own personal view in here.... i don't think Sherwood should be sacked yet, even though results and games have been awful so far. Give him at least a couple more games.

I stuck with Lambert all the way, and only thought he should be sacked right near the end.   As soon as my mind was convinced he needed to go, Tom Fox sacked him about 4 days later.

so watch this space for me to change my mind as an indicator of Fox's trigger finger.

• Like 1

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5048723,00.html

Tim Sherwood insists he can turn claret and blue fortunes around - as he searches for the "right ingredients" to get Villa winning again.

Villa have four points so far this season - following a win at Bournemouth and draw against Sunderland - and are in the lower reaches of the Barclays Premier League table.

Sherwood accepts it's frustrating for the fans to see his new-look side struggling to find form.

But he is immensely confident that he can start the side on an upward curve.

He said: "I understand 100% the frustration of the fans at the moment. When your team is not winning and you're not performing to the level what you expect then you're going to be very disappointed. I understand that.

"I won't insult their intelligence. They're coming here to have a day out with their families - they want to be entertained and watch their team win football matches.

"I am the manager and I take responsibility for the performances.

"But it's the same Tim Sherwood they were singing the name of last season. I am not working any less hard now.

"I can turn it around. I know I can - and I will.

"I am confident in my ability. The more I see of the boys - lack of effort is not the problem. They try.

"Now I have to find the right ingredients to put them on the pitch at the right time against the opposition we play and try and get a spark. I am still searching for that.

"At the moment it isn't there.

"I keep changing the systems and changing the formations in search of that. On Saturday against Stoke it wasn't there. We need to find it.

"I will be searching for the right formation and the right players to play in it.

"At the moment I think it's only right that I keep changing it because we're not finding the wins.

"I'd love to get that victory and keep with the same side for the next four or five weeks. Unfortunately I haven't got that luxury. I am still learning.

"But there are still so many points to be won. With back to back wins in this league it sends you up the table. I am confident we will be able to do that."

Interesting that the main site have gone with this. I don't think they'd put it up if they were going to sack him, though.

This is the main site who put pictures of Benteke and Delph in the new kit on the site only for them to **** off a week or so later ....

Sherwood has to win the next home game or he'll be gone. As some has said its only when the media ramp up the pressure things change because as fans we ate emotionally involved so get carried away a lot easier. The worrying thing for me is he seems to have lost his bottle of giving players a go. He doesn't fancy Gil and yet Leicester was probably our best performance only for it to collapse with bad substitutions. The midfield have stopped hitting the box and it looks like Lambert is back in charge. He played Gestede but then plays without any width to get crosses in the box. This is the 1st time Sherwood has been under pressure as a manager some thrive on it and if he gets through it he'll be better for it but I'm not sure if he can. It's worrying when he says the players are unfit seeing as that's his main job in preseason. 

I have to say I'm at the point now where I dont give a **** what we do. Obviously I do give a **** but I'm indifferent to our future. We sack Sherwood then appoint someone else? Will anything change? Has anything changed with the last 4-5 appointments? We've been wading through shit for 5 seasons and look like its going to be no different this season. Different managers/players and no change. I really dont think I would care THAT much if we got relegated, honestly. What does it stop us from doing? Being beaten every week and finishing 16th? I am supposed to long for being one of the worst teams in the top flight? It makes no sense. Genuinely the only thing we have to look forward to is a Cup run which we do about every 5 years. We then had a chance to win a first major trophy for 20 years and not only lost but basically didnt even turn up. The worst way to lose. League form? Shambolic and when we actually do win it's usually scrappy nonsense and lucky. Memorable victories like Man City two years ago or Liverpool last season come at best 1-2 times a season.

The point I am making is what are we going to miss? Relegation takes what away? Its already depressing and shambolic to support Villa and has been for years. People will say "through thick and thin" or other cliches but I watch Villa because it gives me pleasure when we win or play well, neither of which do we do anymore. I dread our games every weekend, the international break is welcome relief tbh.

But I'm sure we will all get excited again when a new manager comes in and we think he will get the best from our group of players and will push us up to the lofty heights of 12th. More than likely though we will continue to be mediocre and be calling for his head in 6 months.

One final thing, people are saying we signed good players last summer. Did we? I havent been impressed with many of them at all.

Amavi - Seems to have stopped taking players on rendering him neutered attacking and is out of position all the time defending.

Ayew - Awful in every game except against the Blues which means nothing to me, they looked like a pub team.

Veretout - A slightly more comfortable on the ball version of Westwood. Doesnt offer much defensively and doesnt seem to create anything.

Lescott - Utter shit

There aren't any, theyr're all crap, we're screwed and the Venutians have just invaded. Save yourselves.

Lescott - Utter shit

If you look at the 25 man squad it's obvious what Villa's problems are. The vast majority of the squad just are not up to the standard of the premier league. It's full of has been's, cheap foreign players and unproven youngsters. Not a great combination of players, it probably explains why Sherwood can't find a winning formula because there isn't one. It's a weak squad with an atrocious collection of central midfielders.

Sherwood has to win the next home game or he'll be gone. As some has said its only when the media ramp up the pressure things change because as fans we ate emotionally involved so get carried away a lot easier. The worrying thing for me is he seems to have lost his bottle of giving players a go. He doesn't fancy Gil and yet Leicester was probably our best performance only for it to collapse with bad substitutions. The midfield have stopped hitting the box and it looks like Lambert is back in charge. He played Gestede but then plays without any width to get crosses in the box. This is the 1st time Sherwood has been under pressure as a manager some thrive on it and if he gets through it he'll be better for it but I'm not sure if he can. It's worrying when he says the players are unfit seeing as that's his main job in preseason. 

I'd agree , I think because of Rodgers and Advacaat going he has gotten off lightly in the national press  , but if he gets to Swansea losing against them and Chelsea he will be making headlines for more than his witty banter 

Sadly and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Still, tactics knows he can turn it around and still has 24 saved formations on FM to try out so I'm sure it will be fine.

Its remarkable how quickly he has lost the fans, I just can't see a way back for him.

Even an improvement in results isn't going to change the perception of him that he creates every time he speaks.

• Like 3

Sadly and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Still, tactics knows he can turn it around and still has 24 saved formations on FM to try out so I'm sure it will be fine.

Its remarkable how quickly he has lost the fans, I just can't see a way back for him.

Even an improvement in results isn't going to change the perception of him that he creates every time he speaks.

There's definitely a way back for him. All he needs a couple of wins that bring us back into the mid-table pack and everything could and will look very different. If we were to somehow win 2 of the next 3 games for example, the pressure would ease significantly.

Its not great at the moment - but he's certainly not beyond redemption yet.

• Like 2

Â