The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I am incredibly disappointed with how things are going, as I expected a few more points, not alot more, but a few more, and a much more expansive style - and I'm confused as to whats going on. But lets see what happens in the next 2 games. As it is, we havn't been embarrassed by any team we have played, we've lost by single goals, and in most games the opposition have been penned back for large periods while we have tried to get back in the game - that is something at least.

I too wasn't expecting the world but as a minimum I would have liked to see us on 10 points (realistically 12 points) given the relatively soft start we had.

What does he need to do in the next two games to save his job?

.......Win

Talking about it.....He is just hanging himself....... best to keep quiet and resort to the old adage......"actions speak louder than words"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Looks like Klopp to Liverpool ( i know we were never in for him) Big Sam looks like going to Sunderland. Teams struggling... acting swiftly to replace their manager.

We should be doing the same. We cant leave it any later...if Villa and Newcastle dont get rid of their managers soon it could be the end of both. Two massive clubs to go down in one season would be crazy.

This is where I am , its so infuriating to see other clubs taking action - whilst our 'fantastic Mr Fox'  doesn't have a clue what to do....... 

If Sherwood were going, he'd be gone by now I think.

Which sucks.

Yep - I think he will got shortly after a match - so if we loose on saturday and he is still here by Tuesday - then he's got another week. Its really annoying to see big sam slip through our fingers.....

Looks like Klopp to Liverpool ( i know we were never in for him) Big Sam looks like going to Sunderland. Teams struggling... acting swiftly to replace their manager.

We should be doing the same. We cant leave it any later...if Villa and Newcastle dont get rid of their managers soon it could be the end of both. Two massive clubs to go down in one season would be crazy.

This is where I am , its so infuriating to see other clubs taking action - whilst our 'fantastic Mr Fox'  doesn't have a clue what to do....... 

We don't know this at all. For all we know he's very much on the case. The TT team's body language makes me think he might be.

We don't know this at all. For all we know he's very much on the case. The TT team's body language makes me think he might be.

TT?

Of course he could be lining up a new manager as we speak........but forgive me for not having much confidence in the guy......

You lost me at losing to Arsenal being a "**** up".

Losing the final was expected. How we performed was very much a **** up.

This. One of the most embarrassing performances I've witnessed.

Not sure, coin flip between it and Southampton

Not sure, coin flip between it and Southampton

Nah, Southampton is a league game. It was awful, but you can make various excuses as to why we underperformed and players weren't up for it etc etc

But the cup final. If you can't motivate your team to turn up for one of the biggest games of their careers then when can you? 
It was totally embarrassing.

• Like 3

Yeah, the cup final was horrendous, just seemed to evaporate after that great win against the plop.

If we just lay down and die and create nothing against Chelsea then he might get his marching orders, if not being hammered by Swansea might do it. By then we could be rock bottom.

If Allardyce goes to Sunderland, then that's a fairly safe pair of hands disappearing. Not entirely sure Rodgers would want a job so fast. Hard to think of immediately available managers who would 1. come here, 2. get us up the table quickly 

Edited by romavillan

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5048723,00.html

Tim Sherwood insists he can turn claret and blue fortunes around - as he searches for the "right ingredients" to get Villa winning again.

Villa have four points so far this season - following a win at Bournemouth and draw against Sunderland - and are in the lower reaches of the Barclays Premier League table.

Sherwood accepts it's frustrating for the fans to see his new-look side struggling to find form.

But he is immensely confident that he can start the side on an upward curve.

He said: "I understand 100% the frustration of the fans at the moment. When your team is not winning and you're not performing to the level what you expect then you're going to be very disappointed. I understand that.

"I won't insult their intelligence. They're coming here to have a day out with their families - they want to be entertained and watch their team win football matches.

"I am the manager and I take responsibility for the performances.

"But it's the same Tim Sherwood they were singing the name of last season. I am not working any less hard now.

"I can turn it around. I know I can - and I will.

"I am confident in my ability. The more I see of the boys - lack of effort is not the problem. They try.

"Now I have to find the right ingredients to put them on the pitch at the right time against the opposition we play and try and get a spark. I am still searching for that.

"At the moment it isn't there.

"I keep changing the systems and changing the formations in search of that. On Saturday against Stoke it wasn't there. We need to find it.

"I will be searching for the right formation and the right players to play in it.

"At the moment I think it's only right that I keep changing it because we're not finding the wins.

"I'd love to get that victory and keep with the same side for the next four or five weeks. Unfortunately I haven't got that luxury. I am still learning.

"But there are still so many points to be won. With back to back wins in this league it sends you up the table. I am confident we will be able to do that."

1. We don't care how hard you are working.

2. We don't care if you believe in yourself.

3. It's nice to see that you acknowledge you haven't a clue what you are doing and are just chancing your arm picking players/formations.

4. It's also interesting that you admit you are still learning. We don't have time for you to learn how to be a manager, you're supposed to know this to get the job in the first place.

5. The chances of us getting back to back wins is about the same as you being the first man on Mars.

• Like 1

I really don't buy into blaming Sherwood for the Arsenal cup final. I don't even blame the players.

We came up against a vastly superior team at a time all of their players decided to play brilliantly. We couldn't get near them because they have 11 players who are far, far better than our 11 players.

Everything since though, has been embarrassing.

Sherwood out.

Regarding Tim's post match comments which are genuinely quite worrying for everyone - I think its really difficult for a manager to say anything in the current run of form and not be totally vilified.

Tim is trying to be quite honest without hanging himself out to dry - and we are obviously analysing every word for some deeper meaning of what is actually going through his head (or if anything is going through his head!).

Lambert by contrast gave nothing away, never really gave any insight and repeated the same stuff like "we go again" - and he was given all kinds of abuse for not speaking his mind and being honest about how bad the team is playing.

Regardless of how culpable Tim is for the team's current position - at least he's saying something of substance post match, and usually at least 80% of what he is saying reflects what I think has happened during the games.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

Well, whilst honesty is generally the best policy in this case I think it's naive from Tim to be so massively transparent. He has already contradicted himself publicly a few times now. 

I saw an interview with Trapattoni the other week where he said he reckoned he's never told the truth to a reporter whilst he was a manager. He said that you have to think about the group and that it's really easy to rub players up the wrong way with what gets said to the media as the journalist will always try and sensationalise what gets said in order to sell the story. 

I think there's a lot of truth in that to be honest, there are so many different personalities involved and all will react differently (just look at the diff views on here on the same things) so it's probably better to at least be thinking about your players when you are responding to a journalist, no matter how "gutted" you are after a loss.

According to Nick Mashiter he did get some flak from the fans at the end of the game. For me he shouldn't be given the Chelsea and Swansea game as it might be too late by then. The board should come under pressure if he is still here for the Chelsea game in my opinion.

It won't happen, I think the fans have given up, knowing we can't change things. Lerner has driven us into the ground, he's the David Cameron of Villa and we are the ones suffering.

Â