The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I cant understand anyone wanting to give him time. Has there been a single thing this season which makes you think that there is light at the end of the tunnel? Like others have said, we could be out of it by the time we replace him. The bottom line is that we probably couldnt have had a worst start in terms of points obtained. It literally cant get any worse so why wait?

to be fair we have problems in each dep't ....defence, midfield and attack.

the frustration is 6 goals has cost us 18 points.

There is no cohesion or method  in the side.

It depends what the overall think is from the board, but I can't argue that he is in a hole

every game we lose moving forward, is making a harder job for a new manager to rescue  the situation.

However, I do have my doubts that anyone can rescue us.

I think we've got a squad that should be challenging for midtable at least and Sherwood is vastly under-performing with it.

Really?? I think it's awful. Gana,Veretout,Gardner and Westwood is a very very poor midfield choice

It suits your argument, so you would think that.

Absolutely nothing "very poor" about that midfield. 

I feel it's where we are weak, Sanchez is still hit and miss (more miss IMO), Veretout is struggling to find his feet, Gana looks like he is struggling after his injury, Gardner will never be a prem midfielder IMO, which leaves Westwood. It is my argument and it is my opinion which I am just expressing.

As am I. Its what the forum is for. :)

to be fair we have problems in each dep't ....defence, midfield and attack.

the frustration is 6 goals has cost us 18 points.

There is no cohesion or method  in the side.

And the manager changing the players and formation every. bloody. game. isn't going to help with that is it?

• Like 1

Honestly think someone like Big sam would be our best chance, it wouldn't be pretty but it could help bring stability to the club. Sherwood is proving to lack any tactical nous or any knowledge of his players preferences and abilities. Even Lambert knew his Best XL and formations.

Although I rate Moyes, I reckon he lacks a strong enough authority to get the best out of his players, as seen at UTD.

Rodgers would simply be a slightly improved version of Sherwood and he would struggle too IMO. We lack the solid foundations and leadership of Swansea or financial clout of Liverpool. 

Would've loved someone like Klopp. Someone quoted a BBC extract earlier in the thread about how Kloop prefers to build big clubs back up and enjoys the challenge, I thought it screamed of Aston Villa. The more I rant on the more I find it irritating that Sherwood seems to be under hardly any pressure.... 

I think we've got a squad that should be challenging for midtable at least and Sherwood is vastly under-performing with it.

Really?? I think it's awful. Gana,Veretout,Gardner and Westwood is a very very poor midfield choice

I feel it's where we are weak, Sanchez is still hit and miss (more miss IMO), Veretout is struggling to find his feet, Gana looks like he is struggling after his injury, Gardner will never be a prem midfielder IMO, which leaves Westwood. It is my argument and it is my opinion which I am just expressing.

What do feel the main strenghts are in the midlle of the park just out of interest?

What do feel the main strenghts are in the midlle of the park just out of interest?

I think with some proper organisation and commitment to players we could have a decent midfield. Sanchez should always be in the defensive role with Gana playing box to box. The choice then for me is between Westwood and Veretout. Ideally it would be Veretout at home as I believe he is far more attack orientated.

We have some good players there, They just aren't being given a good enough run together.

We should offer Pulis a big offer. Exactly what we need. 

ZIyWzW4.gif

ZIyWzW4.gif

An actual manager and not a fraudster? Tick

Ability to motivate mediocre teams to achieve premier league safety? Tick

Ability to organise team? Tick

Common sensical game management? Tick

• Like 1

ZIyWzW4.gif

ZIyWzW4.gif

If we get Pulis away days will be awful. I don't want a manager who plays for a 0-0 draw in every single away game

ZIyWzW4.gif

ZIyWzW4.gif

If we get Pulis away days will be awful. I don't want a manager who plays for a 0-0 draw in every single away game

Not great I agree but what we need is points and Pulis would get them for us. I do worry if we the fans have lost faith heaven knows what the players think.

Â