The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I have never been convinced with Sherwood, he talks a big game but has always come across as a bit of a goose in my opinion. 

Giving him some leeway though, have an entire new teams worth of players, many of which are new to the country and league. I think we will get better than our current form is showing as the season goes along.

Whether that will be enough though, who can say?

Are seriously talking about changing manager again??

Lets give him abit more time. I think he should be given to december at least

People are finding it hard to accept that AVFC was saved by the skin of its teeth last year and faces a long, uphill battle, that will be scraped and grinded out with no guarantees. Everyone wants the quick fix.

Dumping Tim is an immature response to our situation. 

cant disagree with that. We owe Tim as he saved us from oblivion 

It's looking increasingly like luck rather than judgement for me

We had a group of players that IMO looked like they didn't want to be here any more, sherwood came in gave them a kick up the ass and got them performing, fair play keep us up

Based on the baggies game, the first half vs blues and large portions of today we look like we're a team back to being full of players that don't want to be here, there's no commitment, there's no bite about us, we're back to where we were pre hull IMO

I honestly don't know what the answer is, sherwood in my head ain't an out thinker, he's a wind them up fill them full of confidence send them out type manager, and we look devoid of confidence so I'm here questioning if he's working, at the moment the answers no

People want us to emulate the relative success of Swansea and Southampton in securing our status as a top half team again, playing expansive football and bringing through decent players who can be sold on for profit. Early signs this season are that Leicester and Palace are well placed to mount a serious challenge on the top half, as well.

These same people would do well to remember that Swansea looked hopeless for the most of the first half of their first season in the PL (didn't win away until they came to Villa Park in about Feb IIRC), Southampton looked nailed on for relegation for much of their first season back in the league, Palace looked utterly doomed up until Christmas both of the past two seasons and Leicester went something like 27 games without winning last season, before things finally clicked.

The lack of patience on here is absolutely astounding at times. As others have said, we have an entirely new team of talented players who will need time to get up to the pace of the league and to adapt to playing with each other. It's obvious (IMO) that we are progressing, even if things don't look too good right now, we look capable of attacking football and play some nice stuff from time to time, but need to be more consistent in doing so.

IT TAKES TIME!!

• Like 1

You guys are ridiculous.  This season hasn't even been that bad in terms of performances - and all for a new team.

The people calling for his sacking should be ashamed.

LOL

It really hasn't though.

It has, we're back to our clueless looking no obvious tactics, no shape, no style, no identity, make it up as we go along Aston villa, only this time to make it worse it looks like the players don't care

They care so little, they fought back into the game.

Some people speak absolute garbage.  What "style" or "identity" are you wanting to see from the club, or are they just weird buzz words used to criticise someone?

go on then, what do we do as a team? do we play counter attacking football, do we play possession football, do we get it wide, do we play with full backs that push forward, do we play long ball to the front man to knock it down to supporting attacking midfielders, do we play a high line, do we play deep, do we play a high intensity pressing game, do we rely on set pieces, do we sit behind the ball, do we hold a tight defence, do we invite pressure...

explain to me in 2 or 3 sentences how tim sherwood currently has aston villa playing football

because i **** cant

• Like 2

I honestly think, even though i'm not one of them, that the people who want Sherwood out this early are justified because of his sheer lack of managerial experience.

If this was a manager who had earned his stripes prior to taking the reigns I think the amount of people who wanted him sacked at this stage of the season would be far less than it is now. We're playing a risky game by sticking with Sherwood, one that will cost us our Premier League future and possibly put us back many, many years if it goes wrong and this is obviously what people who want him out are worried about.

Sherwood has my backing for as long as he is here but I honestly don't no if he is the right man for the job. His lack of experience coupled with the lack of experience in the playing squad is a massive worry for me and he just doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. He has completely gone into his shell and its almost mirroring Lambert's demise but far more rapidly. His passion on the touch line is wavering, he spends most of his time slumped in his seat and the players look utterly clueless.

He thinks we're unlucky to have the points total that we have but i'd suggest the opposite.

I don't want him out as I said earlier and I seriously hope Sherwood proves me wrong.

• Like 3

I wasn't going to comment on VT for a while but after Sherwood's comments I am compelled to. He is already trying to manage our already low expectations to yet another relegation dogfight. After spending over 45 million on players he has bought in, and from comments from the club, he has total authority in transfer policy. This is also after Wilkins came to the club stating we should quiet rightly aim for mid table. There is no reason why with decent management we should be competing with the likes of Swansea, Southampton and Stoke. Fair play for keeping us up Tim but I fear he is a chancer and we are drifting into serious trouble before October.

I would say Stoke is must win but I have no confidence we will even get a point.

• Like 2

I am surprised at some on here who stuck up for Lambert on the grounds that the problem lies with Lerner and yet now scream for Sherwood out. Surely the problem remains whilst there is no change at  the top . 

• Like 1

I am surprised at some on here who stuck up for Lambert on the grounds that the problem lies with Lerner and yet now scream for Sherwood out. Surely the problem remains whilst there is no change at  the top . 

Lambert fought an uphill battle in his time here, Sherwood has been given the opportunity to spend big on fees and wages and in turn doesn't get much sympathy as well as him making basic errors game after game and talking complete bollox.

If we're still in the bottom 3 after 19 games I'll start calling for him to be sacked,  I'll also eat my own head.  

That's easy for you to say what with it being a pie and all that.

(or is it just your face?)

• Like 4

having a player play a blinder for the second half of tuesday nights game to then not make the starting line up today and to then spend the entire game on the bench while the bloke who plays in his position has a 5/10 game at best is nothing to do with lerner

to be absolute garbage for 45 minutes vs a championship team on tuesday night because you named a starting 11 that simply didnt work and then come out with some utter bullshit that it was your game plan all along is nothing to do with lerner

to play your local rivals in the premier league and be completely lethargic with a group of players who couldnt match a pulis team for football let alone spirit and battle is nothing to do with lerner

thats just in the last 7 days...

**** lerner, it is lambert all over again, the unmanageable faults at our club means for some reason we cant or shouldn't ask questions about the manageable faults? no way, the fans should be asking questions

• Like 1

Lambert fought an uphill battle in his time here, Sherwood has been given the opportunity to spend big on fees and wages and in turn doesn't get much sympathy as well as him making basic errors game after game and talking complete bollox.

Sherwood has an 8 ill net spend.  I am also intrigued as to how he has he spent big on wages. I would bet my house that the wage bill has been lowered over the summer. Given, Benteke, Delph, Vlaar, Weimann, Lowton, Cleverley  and the fringe players we have either let go or loaned out would have been on way more combined than the players we have signed.

I got to lay my cards on the table now and say if I woke up tomorrow and found out Sherwood had been sacked I would not be devastated. I would though believe that he hadn't been given a fair crack of the whip with his own squad as 7 league games, 9 if you included the 2 cup wins, is nowhere near enough time to judge him.

• Like 2

I honestly think, even though i'm not one of them, that the people who want Sherwood out this early are justified because of his sheer lack of managerial experience.

If this was a manager who had earned his stripes prior to taking the reigns I think the amount of people who wanted him sacked at this stage of the season would be far less than it is now. We're playing a risky game by sticking with Sherwood, one that will cost us our Premier League future and possibly put us back many, many years if it goes wrong and this is obviously what people who want him out are worried about.

Well said and that's definitely a big part of it yes.

It's ridiculous to be wanting a manager out this early in the season yet that is how I feel. Just got no belief in Sherwood.

Pretty much this. My head says he needs time but my heart is deeply sceptical.

• Like 1

Â