The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Not sure why people pick apart interviews, if you lose 6 out of 7 matches whatever you say is going to come across as BS.

And lets face it, Lambert is only out of a job because he had an unfit Benteke. Sherwood only kept us up because he had a fit Benteke.

You've got to play your best players though Tim.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 4

Not sure why people pick apart interviews, if you lose 6 out of 7 matches whatever you say is going to come across as BS.

And lets face it, Lambert is only out of a job because he had an unfit Benteke. Sherwood only kept us up because he had a fit Benteke.

Yeah...no. Benteke had been playing regularly for a few months before Sherwood's arrival. And as good as he is, he cannot score without service. Generating a short-term boost doesn't mean you are a good manager so there is no need to inject such needless spin to downplay it anyway.

Edited by Isa

I could pick 20 members of VILLA TALK to pick a proper side, set the team up right according to the opposition and make astute substitutions. 

Delegate all the training ground stuff and dressing room talk to Wilkins and Co.

Sorted.

And I'm serious.

• Like 2

I could pick 20 members of VILLA TALK to pick a proper side, set the team up right according to the opposition and make astute substitutions. 

Delegate all the training ground stuff and dressing room talk to Wilkins and Co.

Sorted.

And I'm serious.

yet amazingly not one member of Villatalk is a professional football manager never mind a successful one

*that we are aware of*

• Like 1

Tims Record so far

Green - Good

Amber - OK

Red - Bad

Won v Leicester - Half time talk wins us cup game

Lost Home to Stoke - Vlaar **** up for the Pen

Lost Away to Newcastle - Should have beaten them IMO

-----------------------------Winning Run-------------------------------------------------

Won Home v WBA - FA Cup

Won v WBA - Benteke scoring a Pen in injury time

Won v S'land - Well done Tim - They were there for the taking

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lost Home v Swansea - Should draw at least IMO

Lost Away to Man U - Free hit

Draw Home v QPR - F**k up nr 1

------------------------------Winning Run----------------------------------------------------

Won Away v Spurs - Well done Tim - not expected

Won Wembley v Liverpool  - Well done Tim - not expected

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lost Away v Man C - Free hit - hard luck Tim nearly got a point or three

------------------------------Winning Run----------------------------------------------------

Won Home v Everton - Well done Tim - not expected

Won Home v WH - Well done Tim

Safe - Thanx TIM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lost away v Soton - F**k up nr 2

Lost Home v Burnley - F**k up nr 3

Lost Wembley v Arsenal - F**k up nr 4

Won Away Bournemouth - Lucky Tim

Lost Home v Man U - Free Hit

Lost Away v CP - not a good result

Won v Notts County - a gamble that nearly didnt come off

Draw Home v S'land F**k up nr 5

Lost Away v Leicester - F**k up nr 6

Lost Home v WBA - F**k up nr 7

Won Home v SHA - a gamble that nearly didnt come off

Lost Away v Liverpool - F**k up nr 8

Lost Home v Stoke - F**k up nr 9

------------------------------------------

Without in-depth game by game analysis. There's enough to see where this is going.

since Soton 6-1

9 Bad results on the spin

1 Free Hit

3 Results (2 in the cup at home to lower league teams - 1 away to a newly promoted team - in all honesty we could/should have lost them all)

Things are getting red-er by the fixture

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Sherwood's right, the team needs a spark.... perhaps the coaching staff can provide one....

xgimqg.jpg

Perhaps not.

He doesnt look like he wants to be there.  

narrow it down , which one are you talking about?

• Like 1

Sherwood's right, the team needs a spark.... perhaps the coaching staff can provide one....

xgimqg.jpg

Perhaps not.

He doesnt look like he wants to be there.  

narrow it down , which one are you talking about?

I think he means the supporter behind the dugout. 

• Like 1

Can't agree with that. I see what your getting at but pushing blame onto the players when your formation, line up, tactics and subs are questionable to say the least doesn't help the situation. If fans could see the decisions in game are pretty sound in thought, then he would get much more leeway. He's asking for players to step up and win games yet doesn't play the creators in the squad.

Also Lambert is out of a job because he wasn't any good at it. He became complacent and couldn't fathom how to contain teams never mind attack. Even when Benteke was injured the reliance on one player to bail him out was partially his undoing as there was no plan B. Sherwood kept us up because he entered the job on a no lose situation and set us up without fear of the consequences, to attack teams something he has shifted to reverse this season.  

Not sure why people pick apart interviews,

Because it's the only insight into the manager's way of thinking that we have.

And while Lambert might be gone, let's not rewrite the past here. Even while he had Benteke fit, Lambert consistently failed to get the best out of him. After all, one of the reasons we liked Benteke was his ability to create something out of nothing, and he had a whole lot of nothing to pick from while Lambert was in charge.

Edited by Villanun

Leicester game was the big headscratcher for me. Give him until start of December than if we are no better off then sack him off and get someone in who has a month to see what's what then acts upon & knows what to do during a january transfer window.

• Like 1

Sorted.

And I'm serious.

yet amazingly not one member of Villatalk is a professional football manager never mind a successful one

*that we are aware of*

So what?

This idea that if you're not working as a professional manager then it's impossible for you to have a decent working knowledge of the game frustrates me. While it's not impossible to get into management with no footballing experience, the only big name I can think of that's done so is Villas-Boas. Football is an Old Boys club, where footballers are encouraged to go for their badges as soon as they retire and where it's both incredibly difficult and incredibly expensive to get employed if you weren't a pro player. It's like saying that if you're not working in a top Michelin-starred restaurant then you must be a shit cook.

The alternative is that the only people who could possibly have any good ideas about tactics are already employed as managers, which doesn't bode well for when they retire.

Edit - To clarify, I am certainly not pretending that I could do the job. I'm a born critic, inasmuch as I can't do anything well but I sure as hell know what I don't like.

Edited by Villanun

I can't see much wrong with admitting he has made mistakes and I think that he's right in that the players need to take some responsibility also. No matter how tactically inept we were on Saturday their lack of spirit was evident too.

Ultimately though, it all falls down on him doesn't it, I just don't think it's healthy to pick apart absolutely everything he says, it will drive you mad.

But it's worse than that. He implies that he lacks a bedding-in strategy for line-ups and subs, apart from, "Toss it against the wall and see if it sticks." I don't like that. It's like when you take a long standardised test, and you give up and just start picking answer "C" for everything halfway through the test.

Â