The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm confident that even without a takeover we will still spend better, in both wages and fees, than we did during lamberts time at the club

I would be absolutely thrilled if that was the case, as for all his faults, Lambert spent money pretty well all things considered.

Agree but I meant in terms of money spent rather than quality. I think Sherwood will be given more to spend due to our better financial situation.

Ah, gotcha.

I agree.

Paddy Reilly's moving here from Liverpool would also suggest this. He's not going to bother being head of recruitment for a club signing League 1 players costing £500k.

Wasn't he here when we signed Benteke Vlaar Westwood and Lowton? Lamberts worst signing are when he left so hopefully he was the catalyst to the better signing and not Lambert.

• Like 1

We don't need to spend £40m to push on. We do however need to spend a lot more than we did last summer.

With Vardy and Austin being rated at 15m, it'll take a lot for us to do anything with (say) £20m. Especially if a player like Vardy is rated at 15m. We need to be spending 40m minimum. 

Surely the quality of the players we bring in matters an awful lot more than the cost. Ramsey isn't ten times worse than Sanchez because he cost 10% of the fee. 

• Like 2

We're getting a Liverpool employee responsible for transfers? Isn't that a bit like hiring a goalkeeping coach from Arsenal or a QPR employee responsible for contract negotiations?

Word is he's the chap who convinced Lambert that we should sign Benteke.

He's also the chap who convinced Rodgers to sign a bunch of nobodies from Spain.

Agent Reilly?

I'm confident that even without a takeover we will still spend better, in both wages and fees, than we did during lamberts time at the club

I would be absolutely thrilled if that was the case, as for all his faults, Lambert spent money pretty well all things considered.

Agree but I meant in terms of money spent rather than quality. I think Sherwood will be given more to spend due to our better financial situation.

Ah - I see.  Completely misread that initially!

Yes, I agree.  I think Sherwood will be backed pretty well, irrespective of takeover or not.  Lerner/Fox know the position we're in and know we need to spend.

If he doesn't rate Guzan, Cissokho and Gil, he's going to do very well to improve on them considering they cost £5m between them.

There's probably a reason the 3 of them cost £5m total.
I'd have them in the team over Given, Richardson and N'Zogbia any day
  • Like 1

We're getting a Liverpool employee responsible for transfers? Isn't that a bit like hiring a goalkeeping coach from Arsenal or a QPR employee responsible for contract negotiations?

Word is he's the chap who convinced Lambert that we should sign Benteke.

He's also the chap who convinced Rodgers to sign a bunch of nobodies from Spain.

He wasnt on the transfer committee 

• Like 1

I'm not going to read too much into Reilly being here and a link between us spending more or the type of player we'll be bringing in.

Wasn't it a season or two back we had that foreign head of scouting come in from a top European team? Still don't think we spent more than 10-15mill that season.

I've seen quotes where he says or insinuates that there's a buyout clause, but he doesn't mention the amount anywhere. Well, not from the quotes I'v seen anyway.

Come on, people don't really believe interested clubs wouldn't already know that? You dont think his agent would mention it?

I think a deal is on the cards and Sherwood is setting us up for their was nothing we could do to stop it.

He isn't an idiot, there is an obvious reason why he is putting it out there. I think there is obvious movement ongoing, I have no doubt about that with Benteke's agent likely being the main offender as per usual. We don't want Benteke or his agent kicking up a fuss, and of course if there is a release clause his agent knows this and so will the interested parties - I think what Tim is putting across is that we won't sell him for less than that release clause, which is probably what clubs like Liverpool want and no doubt Kismet will be pushing for the move.

We need the full Benteke money plus additional funds to replace half the players currently in the team who are currently not good enough to be playing in the premier league

Not looking good is it i can see us going down next season. Too much has to change and the entire team dynamic will be ruined

Â