Scott Marshall/Andy Marshall

briny_ear

To be fair Scott Marshall was brought in as a defensive coach.

So (and I'm not blaming him) he's had to much input this season.

Yep. Maybe I've been playing too much FM but only having one first team coach after Lambert's assistants left is not going to be too effective.

Had a feeling this would happen - when he did his press conference pre-Leicester he appeared unexcited by the prospect and commented that' 'nothing would change' re tactics... hardly inspiring.

Post match, he didn't look too chuffed either.

I expect he'll move on with Lambert wherever he ends up next (Sunderland maybe?)

The fact that nothing changed in the first half against Leicester made me lose any possible faith in him to be honest. He just sent the players out to do more of the same which indicates he thought it was the right thing to do. Baffling. If he thinks that's the right way to play then he should have gone with Lambert.

• Like 2

Or he's done a good job because our defence has been by far our best area this season. 

The fact that nothing changed in the first half against Leicester made me lose any possible faith in him to be honest. He just sent the players out to do more of the same which indicates he thought it was the right thing to do. Baffling. If he thinks that's the right way to play then he should have gone with Lambert.

He was probably told to just prepare as normal.

I doubt he was shooting for the job. He probably knew he'd be out the door when the new manager was appointed.

I imagine he was going through the motions

Or he's done a good job because our defence has been by far our best area this season.

Should be easly done when you have zero attacking intent, and the players number 1 concern is staying in shape and not doing anything forward thinking.

No disrespect to the guys but all existing management and first team coaches need to be on their way. 

Fresh faces and ideas only please. 

Let the revolution begin!

Except Sid. 

I guess something along the lines of

"......I won't be doing anything different......spoke to the ex-boss yesterday...."

didn't exactly go down too well

....suicide.

No disrespect to the guys but all existing management and first team coaches need to be on their way. 

Except Sid.

I would not be surprised if Sid departs as well

Except Sid.

I would not be surprised if Sid departs as well

Yes - I wouldn't be surprised at this either - don't think it will be now - but at seasons end wouldn't be surprised at all

Birmingham Mail:

Cowans played alongside Sherwood in Blackburn’s midfield in the early 1990s and is pleased to be reunited with his old team-mate at Bodymoor Heath.

Sherwood was announced as Paul Lambert’s successor on Saturday and has wasted no time stamping his mark on the training pitches since his appointment.

Cowans, affectionately known by his nickname ‘Sid’, now works as youth development coach, and is excited about welcoming his old pal to Villa.

Â