Scott Marshall/Andy Marshall

briny_ear

im suprised that cowans is not in charge. im writing the leicester game off cant expect anything but a loss in this one. hopefully new manger will be here by stoke game

There is no way on God's earth that Sid would ever take charge of the first team

Scott Marshall made 23 senior appearences for Arsenal and won their young player of the year award in 1996. Over 7 years he made those 23 appearences and had a few loan spells elsewhere, now here is where things get a l ittle interesting. If I remember right he was a left back or a left sided central defender? Later in his career he played for a few lower league clubs like Wycombe and Brentford, and managed to score 3 own goals in his first 3 appearences for Brentford. Remember how at the start of the season the first couple of goals we conceded where own goals from aly Cissokho, a left back? Just thought I'd point that out as I found it quite amusing at the time.

Edited by DeadlyDirk
  • Like 1

For now, they are in charge of the first team and must prepare us for the cup tie with Leicester..

Depending on how the manager hunt goes, maybe they will also be at the helm for the important game with Stoke, and perhaps beyond that.

Can't say I really know much about them.

Can anyone fill in a bit of detail about their backgrounds and how they have been working with the squad so far?

First-team coach Scott Marshall and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall will continue to prepare the squad for Sunday's FA Cup tie with Leicester Citylb_icon1.png at Villa Park.

The club would also like to place on record its thanks to Paul and take this opportunity to wish him every success in the future.

The club will announce a new manager in due course.

They will continue to prepare the squad not take charge of the team. Usually they would say that they will take charge of the team until a new manager is appointed.

Wheres Sid & Kev Mac nowa days?

Kevin MacDonald left and went to Swindon as manager but was sacked about 6 months later and hasn't had a job in about 18months.

Cowans is Under 21/Reserve Team Coach and i think that's his preferred role.

Kmac is some sort of coach at Forest.

Never even heard of these two until yesterday lets hope if we beat Leicester we don't get the usual "give them the job!!" Many have made that mistake in the past. Luckily for us QPR have fell into that naive trap, lets hope we don't.

Edited by supernova26

Never even heard of these two until yesterday lets hope if we beat Leicester we don't get the usual "give them the job!!" Many have made that mistake in the past. Luckily for us QPR have fell into that naive trap, lets hope we don't.

Really, Andy was a regular on the bench for us one of the seasons we let Guzan out on loan so if Friedel had picked up an injury he'd have played for us in the premier league.

I think Scott Marshall's done a decent job with the defence. yes we still concede but he wasn't here in 2012/13 and it's certainly nowhere as bad as then.

We do need someone in before Stoke without question as that is a winnable game with new manager effect and we don't have bundles of them left.

Â