Scott Marshall/Andy Marshall

briny_ear

For now, they are in charge of the first team and must prepare us for the cup tie with Leicester..

Depending on how the manager hunt goes, maybe they will also be at the helm for the important game with Stoke, and perhaps beyond that.

Can't say I really know much about them.

Can anyone fill in a bit of detail about their backgrounds and how they have been working with the squad so far?

First-team coach Scott Marshall and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall will continue to prepare the squad for Sunday's FA Cup tie with Leicester Citylb_icon1.png at Villa Park.

The club would also like to place on record its thanks to Paul and take this opportunity to wish him every success in the future.

The club will announce a new manager in due course.

They will continue to prepare the squad not take charge of the team. Usually they would say that they will take charge of the team until a new manager is appointed.

Did not notice that. Possibly means the ground work has been done and they expect to have someone in quickly.

The fact we have 2 goalkeeping coaches and a defensive coach left as our coaching set up after only the manager left shows how badly the first team was being run!! Surely you can't coach 25 odd players with just 2 out field coaches?? Scott Marshall is a decent defesive coach it seems as we definitely tightened up at the back when he arrived It'll be interesting to see Sunday's team!! Hopefully he'll bring back Vlaar and Benteke as we need our big players in the team and more importantly performing.

Marshall #1 talking on SSN soon.

He said they're preparing for the game the same way as they normally would and that all the players are disappointed the managers gone. Doesn't sound too encouraging.

What do you expect?

Are they going to turn around and say - glad that clearing in the woods has gone! we're changing everything!

Scott Marshall is a coach first and foremost and has never really had to do much with the press. I expect he'll let the players know what is expected of them and let the football do the talking on Sunday.

Marshall #1 sounded completely pissed off with everything to do with the current situation at Villa tbf, and looked as if he was already mentally packing his bags.

Had forgotten he was with Lambert at Norwich, so probably feels the same hurt as Paul is at the moment.

ive just read an article that scott marshall is taking charge being supported by andy marshall (we know who he is - though he left to run his academy) sid cowans (a living legend) and stuart taylor... who is stuart taylor? surely not the average goalkeeper we got rid of ages ago?

also, how come terry gennoe isnt on the main website?

Caretaker manager Scott Marshall says Aston Villa need an experienced man to take over from Paul Lamber.

Marshall was placed in temporary charge following the sacking of Lambert on Wednesday night with the Midlands’ club sitting in the relegation zone.

Lambert was sacked after just two wins in 21 league games which left Villa in the relegation zone. Marshall, who worked with Lambert at previous club Norwich before going to Villa Park, will take charge of his first game against Leicester City in the FA Cup.

The former Arsenal defender admits he was sad to see Lambert go and has ruled himself out of the running to take the job due to his lack of experience.

"This is a big club and it's not somewhere for someone to cut their teeth," he said. 

"This is a big club and it's not somewhere for someone to cut their teeth"

"It's certainly a big club and I would say there's not many things which are going to prepare you for this experience so I think a manager with experience is probably necessary but it's not really my decision or my call.

"He (Lambert) has been really good for me. He brought me in at Norwich and gave me an opportunity there, and brought me here and gave me a great opportunity to work at a great club.

"I'm hugely disappointed that it's not going to continue.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9713437/scott-marshall-wants-experienced-manager-to-replace-paul-lambert-at-aston-villa?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hmmmm, so Marshall isn't expecting to stick around for long.

Caretaker manager Scott Marshall says Aston Villa need an experienced man to take over from Paul Lamber.

Marshall was placed in temporary charge following the sacking of Lambert on Wednesday night with the Midlands’ club sitting in the relegation zone.

Lambert was sacked after just two wins in 21 league games which left Villa in the relegation zone. Marshall, who worked with Lambert at previous club Norwich before going to Villa Park, will take charge of his first game against Leicester City in the FA Cup.

The former Arsenal defender admits he was sad to see Lambert go and has ruled himself out of the running to take the job due to his lack of experience.

"This is a big club and it's not somewhere for someone to cut their teeth," he said. 

"This is a big club and it's not somewhere for someone to cut their teeth"

"It's certainly a big club and I would say there's not many things which are going to prepare you for this experience so I think a manager with experience is probably necessary but it's not really my decision or my call.

"He (Lambert) has been really good for me. He brought me in at Norwich and gave me an opportunity there, and brought me here and gave me a great opportunity to work at a great club.

"I'm hugely disappointed that it's not going to continue.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9713437/scott-marshall-wants-experienced-manager-to-replace-paul-lambert-at-aston-villa?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hmmmm, so Marshall isn't expecting to stick around for long.

He's clearly referring to the fact that Lambert has left and he is disappointed that being a Villa coach with Lambert is now over. There's nothing to read into in what he's said. 

Well, it would not be unusual for the rest of the coaching staff to follow the manager out of the door.

So he has the thankless task of `preparing' the team for the match on Monday, knowing that he will probably be losing his job quite soon.

Enough to make anyone pissed off.

Well, it would not be unusual for the rest of the coaching staff to follow the manager out of the door.

So he has the thankless task of `preparing' the team for the match on Monday, knowing that he will probably be losing his job quite soon.

Enough to make anyone pissed off.

Bloody hell no wonder we are in the shit if he thinks we're playing Monday. He'll be in an empty stadium. Leicester will score tuns with no opposition if he tells the team to turn up Monday!! We're out the cup!!!

It is a very difficult situation for these two and it will be tough for them to motivate the players given their futures will be in question once an appointment is made.

In view of the urgency of the need to get a replacement in it would have been nice to have seen a new manager in the stand for Sunday at the very least with a view to his coming down to the bench if needed as did Pullis when he watched his first WBA after his appointment. I wonder whether the club gave any thought to taking up Peter Withe's offer to come in for nothing to help out for this game at least pending a new appointment being made?   

Â