Carles Gil

bose

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yes. 

Getting that out in public is a complete scumbag move. You move if and when the club allow you to move. Until that point you should be committed to the team. 

He made it clear right away he had no intention of being part of this team. 

Imagine Gabby's or Bacuna's agent had made that comment. They'd be crucified. But the poor mistreated Gill, not a problem. 

Talk about a complete over-reaction (that you've only mentioned about 1,000 times in this thread).

His intention wasn't to play in the Championship.  What a scumbag!  Nothing about not playing for Aston Villa, nothing about not being committed to the team, just a line from his agent saying that he'd move if the right chance came along.  Basically like every single other footballer around today.

For some reason, though, you've taken particular dislike to this.  Why?

Why is it different for Benteke when his agent got caught out and admitted that Benteke won't sign a new contract and will do everything possible to leave Aston Villa?  Is it purely because he scored a lot of goals?  I mean, if so, that's absolutely fine.  But it's exactly the same thing and it goes on all the time.

(As an aside, Gil is still contracted to Aston Villa as far as I'm aware?  I think it's fine for fans to want their player back in the side.)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yes. 

Getting that out in public is a complete scumbag move. You move if and when the club allow you to move. Until that point you should be committed to the team. 

Imagine Gabby's or Bacuna's agent had made that comment. They'd be crucified. But the poor mistreated Gill, not a problem. 

That's how literally all players get their transfers, else what's even the point of agents? You think players just stick around in situations they don't like and just cross their fingers and hope a club in shining armor swoops in to rescue them? 

• Like 1

I want honesty from players. If Gil wanted to leave then it's fine, I'd rather he came out and said it.

I'd much prefer that than the opposite.

The only difference here is Gil's agent made it public. LIke I said before, I bet half the squad have instructed their agents to find them moves to bigger clubs if they can

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I want honesty from players. If Gil wanted to leave then it's fine, I'd rather he came out and said it.

I'd much prefer that than the opposite.

The only difference here is Gil's agent made it public. LIke I said before, I bet half the squad have instructed their agents to find them moves to bigger clubs if they can

I bet the agent was asked an explicit question too. It's not like he held a press conference or something. At least we know where he stands.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Gil's agent: "“His intention is not to play in the Championship and look for teams in the Premier League and La Liga."

Not the most tactful thing to say but second hand scumbag, really?

one of our current players was booed and ridiculed last season for saying a hell of a lot less

Just now, Zatman said:

one of our current players was booed and ridiculed last season for saying a hell of a lot less

He said he wanted to play in the Champions League. In the middle of the season where we were about to be relegated. Just lol @ not only making an equivalency but saying it's a hell of a lot less :lol: 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He said he wanted to play in the Champions League. In the middle of the season where we were about to be relegated. Just lol @ not only making an equivalency but saying it's a hell of a lot less :lol: 

sounds like he was in a hurry

“Within two years now I try to make my next move. Where this is going to be, I don’t know at the moment, but I want to grow in two years,” Bacuna revealed to Netherlands broadcasters NOS.

“That does not necessarily have to be in England.

“Ajax or PSV? I think so. If you look at those clubs, they play Champions League football almost every year. If you do you get a chance, why not?”

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yes. 

The thing is, I think you actually have at least an argument here, but it's weakened by:

a] the belligerence of your tone, which is out of all proportion to the nature of the offence, and

b] the fact that you haven't made the same angry post 10,000 times in the Traore thread. At least Gil had the decency to dump us before pre-season.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He never really had the chance to have any input in us staying up, can't really fault him for that. He felt that he was good enough to not stay at a second division team, especially one that wasn't giving him much opportunity to play anyway, and I don't begrudge him for that. He's not doing too bad at the moment in the Spanish top flight and he's playing pretty regularly now so it looks like it was the right choice for him.

I have no issues with him leaving personally, same goes for Sanchez, Veretout, etc. To be honest, even Clark because the club was a toxic mess. But I just don't see the fuss with Gil, maybe it's personal taste. I think he can only play 1 position due to his lack of pace and physicality and that happens to be a position I think Grealish and McCormack are better in.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Anyone who doesn't rate him, fair enough, but have you watched the YouTube video recently to remind yourself what he actually played like, in case your memory is clouded?

Ah, but it's a YouTube video. They could make Gabby look good. Which is very true, however, this video encapsulates almost all of the time he played for us as he didn't get on much and didn't get much time to get into games. Most YouTube videos are highlights from a number of years. Any about Gil are from a number of minutes.

I fully accept he doesn't want to be here. He obviously thinks he's better than us, and to be fair, I think he's got a point. But there's no need to make stuff up about his ability because clearly he has lots.

Thanks for posting that. If that's the best if Gil, (a) he seems only to have played in 3 matches; (b ) his final pass into the box is usually not so great.

15 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Thanks for posting that. If that's the best if Gil, (a) he seems only to have played in 3 matches; (b ) his final pass into the box is usually not so great.

(a) A few more than three but certainly not many at all.

(b) Still better than the rest of our midfielders with the exception, perhaps, of Grealish.

I don't think anyone defending Gil is saying he's amazing, but relatively speaking I think he's superior in a lot of ways to our other midfielders. I also can't blame him for not wanting to be here considering he didn't get many games, played under terrible managers and was part of a club who, at the time, had an owner who wanted out and complete morons running the place.

Taking off any claret and blue spectacles (which Gil never had), if anyone here were contracted to a work place like that, would you want to stay?

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

He's on loan. Let's let people continue to talk about him until he's no longer our player.

Sure.

But I don't remember us loaning out a first teamer due to lack of form who then returned to establish himself in the villa team. 

22 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

There are a few more which have other games that contain pretty similar stuff. Here's a few:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy9dbn3gh70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rrn5Ytg4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puWB0dOIiyA

Him and Grealish were starting to become quite a partnership. Then the money totally dried up, Lambert lost it, and the rest is history.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sure.

But I don't remember us loaning out a first teamer due to lack of form who then returned to establish himself in the villa team. 

Hutton and Baker?

Edited by randy_69
  • Like 3

Baker I will give you.

Hutton was only ever loaned out - due to the club trying to move him on - in the lerner cost cutting era.

Gardner has never established himself here. and don't believe grealish has been out on loan since hitting the first team.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

(a) A few more than three but certainly not many at all.

(b) Still better than the rest of our midfielders with the exception, perhaps, of Grealish.

I don't think anyone defending Gil is saying he's amazing, but relatively speaking I think he's superior in a lot of ways to our other midfielders. I also can't blame him for not wanting to be here considering he didn't get many games, played under terrible managers and was part of a club who, at the time, had an owner who wanted out and complete morons running the place.

Taking off any claret and blue spectacles (which Gil never had), if anyone here were contracted to a work place like that, would you want to stay?

He might be better technically than the rest of our midfield but he cant tackle and hes very lightweight so overall he's worse.

Â