Carles Gil

bose

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Er, no - that's not jumping to a conclusion to suit a vendetta.

No, it's jumping to an unlikely conclusion to suit an agenda. To defend a player who disrespected the team you support. Crazy. This to me is a hilarious overreaction 

Edited by DCJonah

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You keep exaggerating with this press conference idea. In this day and age it's very simple to get quotes out there.  I'm sure his agent isn't daft, I'm sure he's aware of how it all works and I find it hard to believe he did it without his players blessing, clearly deliberate. Of course the always mistrested Gill was probably not even aware of it and it was just an innocent accident. That's a hilarious overreaction . 

That's not a reaction, it's conjecture lmao. I never even said that's what happened, I'm saying that that is very possible for all we know...which is not much. That was the whole point...to illustrate that we don't really know much apart from some quotes from his agent on a blog and that both scenarios are equally conjectural.

Look, we're not going to see eye to eye on how offensive his quotes are so let's just leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's not a reaction, it's conjecture lmao. I never even said that's what happened, I'm saying that that is very possible for all we know...which is not much. That was the whole point...to illustrate that we don't really know much apart from some quotes from his agent on a blog and that both scenarios are equally conjectural.

Look, we're not going to see eye to eye on how offensive his quotes are so let's just leave it at that.

Would you honestly have had the same reaction if this was put out by any of gabby, Richards, guzan, Hutton, Bacuna etc.. just over two weeks after our last premier league game? 

I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't have absolutely slaughtered those players if they'd done it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Would you honestly have had the same reaction if this was put out by any of gabby, Richards, guzan, Hutton, Bacuna etc.. just over two weeks after our last premier league game? 

I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't have absolutely slaughtered those players if they'd done it. 

None of that has happened, though (although, yes, there was also a massive over-reaction to Bacuna saying he'd only move back to Holland to play CL football - also a huge lol).

What has happened is that Benteke's agent said similar things about Benteke not signing a contract and doing everything possible to leave Villa - why haven't you slaughtered him?  Why is his case different?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

None of that has happened, though (although, yes, there was also a massive over-reaction to Bacuna saying he'd only move back to Holland to play CL football - also a huge lol).

What has happened is that Benteke's agent said similar things about Benteke not signing a contract and doing everything possible to leave Villa - why haven't you slaughtered him?  Why is his case different?

2 obvious reasons really. 

1) we hadn't just been relegated and Benteke wasn't looking to jump ship instead of trying to fix a massive mistake his poor performances contributed to.  Look at the likes of amavi, ayew and probably grealish who could have left but have decided to help get this club back up. 

2) Benteke's agent was caught out if I remember correctly. Of course agent's work to get moves behind closed doors but It certainly wasn't a public statement anything like the one from Gil's agent trying to force a move. Like I said, no one minds good players moving to better things, it's the way it's done. 

Also he specifically said he'd do everything possible that's legal, well what's wrong with that? If a player wants to leave for a bigger club and does everything legal behind closed doors, why would that be a huge disrespect to the club?

Again look how Benteke is viewed and how Delph is viewed. 

I wouldn't expect you to understand when it comes to this player though. 

Edited by DCJonah

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

2 obvious reasons really. 

1) we hadn't just been relegated and Benteke wasn't looking to jump ship instead of trying to fix a massive mistake his poor performances contributed to.  Look at the likes of amavi, ayew and probably grealish who could have left but have decided to help get this club back up. 

2) Benteke's agent was caught out if I remember correctly. Of course agent's work to get moves behind closed doors but It certainly wasn't a public statement anything like the one from Gil's agent trying to force a move. Like I said, no one minds good players moving to better things, it's the way it's done. 

Again look how Benteke is viewed and how Delph is viewed. 

I wouldn't expect you to understand when it comes to this player though. 

1.  Benteke was looking to jump ship.  The exact thing he did, was jump ship.  For exactly the same reason, too - he wanted to play at a higher level.  Relegation, European spot, mid-table - it doesn't matter!  He did the same thing. (Also, you're making things up again, aren't you?  Where were the offers for Amavi, Ayew or Grealish?)

2.  Caught out, yes, of course.  What happened with Gil's agent?  Who was asking him the questions?  I guess Gil obviously just told his agent to jump to a random blogger and quote one line saying he wanted to get out and not help the club at all - naturally, this didn't happen.  Nobody knows!

The difference between Benteke and Delph (or, Delph and absolutely anyone else) is that Delph gave every indication that he wanted to stay at the club.  He signed a new contract.  He was the face of a marketing campaign.  And then he just **** off to be a bit part at City.  He was never good enough to be playing at that size club and ran for the dolla.  Not that I, personally, begrudge him, but it's a different set of circumstances to those of... well, any player that has left us I think.

And no mate, you're completely wrong on the last line.  I have the same stance regardless of the player - it just doesn't matter.  I have no irrational hatred.  You are the one treating them differently.

"Wouldn't expect you to understand when it comes to this player" :crylaugh:

Edited by bobzy

1) you missed the part about being relegated. I don't mind any good player we've had looking to leave for better things. Demanding it 2 weeks after relegation leaves a sour taste in my mouth though. No one else did that but Gill. 

2) Gill the poor victim yet again. Benteke's agent was tricked into revealing details in public, and those details weren't too bad. If you want to believe the same happened with Gill, go ahead. Seems clear to me the intention behind it. In the same piece he's talking about villa turning down bids and saying how Gil has no intention of playing in the championship, pretty clear what the agent was doing. 

And your response just shows how accurate my last sentence was. 

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

1) you missed the part about being relegated. I don't mind any good player we've had looking to leave for better things. Demanding it 2 weeks after relegation leaves a sour taste in my mouth though. No one else did that but Gill. 

2) Gill the poor victim yet again. Benteke's agent was tricked into revealing details in public, and those details weren't too bad. If you want to believe the same happened with Gill, go ahead. Seems clear to me the intention behind it. In the same piece he's talking about villa turning down bids and saying how Gil has no intention of playing in the championship, pretty clear what the agent was doing. 

And your response just shows how accurate my last sentence was. 

You're just continuing to make things up and fit the criteria to suit players you like.  I'll bow out.

Edited by bobzy

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You're just continuing to make things up and fit the criteria to suit players you like.  I'll bow out.

Benteke's agent wasn't tricked into making that public?

Gil's agent didn't make those quotes around 2 weeks after the season finished? 

And making something fit a criteria to suit a player you like is exactly what defending these quotes is. 

Nothing made up there. 

Edited by DCJonah

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Once again - and I'm going to keep pointing this out - Traore did the same thing, only not two weeks after the end of last season, when the manager had plenty of time to reformulate plans, but two weeks into this one, when he didn't. 

Traore and Benteke are fine, though - top lads.  Gil or Veretout?  SCUMBAGS.  I mean...

:crylaugh: 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

Gil was shit

Veretout was shit

Traore was shit

From what I know of their exploits this season elsewhere they each remain, largely shit.

Benteke was one of the best players we've had during my lifetime.

I don't really get what this debate is about to be honest, I wouldn't want any of Gil, Veretout and Traore anywhere near the club, they all proved to be shit when they were supposed to be motivated so quite what people think they'd have achieved this season here is really beyond me.

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Once again - and I'm going to keep pointing this out - Traore did the same thing, only not two weeks after the end of last season, when the manager had plenty of time to reformulate plans, but two weeks into this one, when he didn't. 

True. 

Scumbag move also. 

18 hours ago, bobzy said:

Traore and Benteke are fine, though - top lads.  Gil or Veretout?  SCUMBAGS.  I mean...

:crylaugh: 

What did Benteke do that was the same? What did Veretout do? 

You seem to miss the point massively, which as I said doesn't surprise me one bit when it comes to this particular player. 

9 minutes ago, rubberman said:

And yet more than half of them have been starting for us this season.:unsure:

To be fair, I only really see Hutton, Westwood and to a point Bacuna who have been really "starting" for us. Cissokho, Gabby and Bunn have mostly been subs and stop gaps. matter of fact Cissokho hasnt played for a while so a little bit more than an exxaggeration.

Â