Carles Gil

bose

True, but I don't think it makes the manager a clown for playing him in a position that he's played a lot in throughout his career. 

He's a clown irrespective of where he plays Gil, or even if he plays Gil. He's just a clown generally. 

• Like 1

True, but I don't think it makes the manager a clown for playing him in a position that he's played a lot in throughout his career. 

To be fair he didnt play central midfielder a lot. He was a wide forward for Valencia and on loan to Elche.

Sherwood has been playing him in midfield but he cant create anything that deep.. hes using him as a link up play which i think hes struggled with somewhat against Chelsea. He did link up well with Grealish a few times.. but what can we expect against Chelsea.. despite their recent form are still a top top side with great players.

I hope he keeps the same attacking players for Swansea but i just get the feeling Gil will be dropped again.

seriously WTF is a key pass.

Most pointless stat available

It's the pass that directly leads to a shot on goal, where the goal attempt is unsuccessful.

If the ball goes in, it's an assist.  If it doesn't, it's a key pass.

It's not pointless but like every other stat it can't just be the only thing. If someone passes the ball 2 yards and someone else shoots miles over from 40 yards is that a key pass? If someone lobs in an aimless high ball and our forward manages to get a slight touch on it, is that a key pass? 

• Like 1

The only important stat is goals scored. Seriously, who gives a shit about `key passes' that lead to unsuccessful goal attempts.

As a supporter I judge a player's performance by what I see. Stats may be a useful aid for club management, but they really do not give a full picture of a player's performance and ability. 

It's not pointless but like every other stat it can't just be the only thing. If someone passes the ball 2 yards and someone else shoots miles over from 40 yards is that a key pass? If someone lobs in an aimless high ball and our forward manages to get a slight touch on it, is that a key pass? 

Exactly. And are 5 x 10 yard forward passes better than 10 x 5 yard sideways passes...........................or not.

The only important stat is goals scored. Seriously, who gives a shit about `key passes' that lead to unsuccessful goal attempts.

"Football is about creating chances, not to make 20 goals a game.  It is not possible."

Klopp made that point last week.

If you can't find players who will create chances, nobody will score.

So yes, it's vitally important. The terminology is irrelevant.

CARLES GIL is our best player.  It doesn't really matter about anything else - you set the team up to get the best out of Mr. Gil.

Since when has he become our best player?

Benteke aside, I'd say he became our best player the moment he signed. 

With the possible exception of Grealish, he's got more ability in his weak foot than the rest of the squad put together. 

Same with goals, same with assists, same with every single statistic going.

CARLES GIL is still our best player and, for me, the player most likely to create something in this team.

Â