Carles Gil

bose

The twisted logic of our illustrious leader would see them benched next game.  Coz he was proven right being we "didn't win with them playing".

Hope not, I just expect it from him

Pathetic comment... Anything to knock sherwood with hey!!  

Did he play in a middle trio today?

Player like him needs to be playing as close to the main forward as possible, same as Grealish.

Have to say though I'm a bit iffy about playing both together in the same team, just think it's too lightweight. It worked to a degree about Leicester but neither had a kick v WBA.

I'd prefer a more direct presence on one side which is where Traore from the start comes into play next week v Swansea....if he dosen't fall over his cat in the week and get injured of course.

No he played wide right, but he did drift in quite a lot.

Was still one of our better players. The only times we looked like creating anything was him and Grealish linking up, and Westwood at times.

The twisted logic of our illustrious leader would see them benched next game.  Coz he was proven right being we "didn't win with them playing".

not that pathetic, he might be right on that one, it's traditional for Villa that any creative midfielder in the club will always be the fall guy for when we lose. Yet untouchables like Westwood play every week and do shit all.

Gil wasn't that great today to be honest as he had so little room to play in and was caught too deep, but he was still better than most of our players... Chelsea are world class at stifling teams.

not that pathetic, he might be right on that one, it's traditional for Villa that any creative midfielder in the club will always be the fall guy for when we lose. Yet untouchables like Westwood play every week and do shit all.

Gil wasn't that great today to be honest as he had so little room to play in and was caught too deep, but he was still better than most of our players... Chelsea are world class at stifling teams.

It's a pathetic comment in that the poster is trying to knock sherwood for not picking Gil next week when it hasn't even happened yet

It's a pathetic comment in that the poster is trying to knock sherwood for not picking Gil next week when it hasn't even happened yet

yeah ok fair point, maybe negativity is getting out of hand in that sense

I guess some of us are worried that he will make the wrong tactical decisions as a result of this match and bench the wrong players

hopefully he drops Guzan though

• Like 1

It wouldn't be an unlikely scenario...it wouldn't be the first time, far from it...

And lets be realistic, I don't need to invent things to "knock sherwood" now do I...

you could event a massive robotic arm that could knock him out

Think a lot of our fans would like that, sad times.

...but he is left footed and Spanish. He has to be class.

Up there in the Lallana stakes of looking pretty but doing the grand sum of **** all.

Load of crap. And I think you're conveniently forgetting Lallana's time at Southampton where he ripped us apart on a few occasions.

I'm Gil's biggest fan but thought he was poor yesterday. He shouldn't be playing so deep.

i agree. He was far too deep and was just harassed by their midfielders. He needs to be further forward where he can get the ball and run at defenders or be closer to attacking players. On a few occasions he linked up with Grealish and it was excellent to watch.. but it seemed they were too far apart.

Â