Carles Gil

bose

The treatment of Gil has been utter madness, he would quite simply improve us with his movement and creativity, two things we really lacked today. I seriously question the managers judgement on this one.

100% agree.

What can N'Zogbia do that Gil can't?

The treatment of Gil has been utter madness, he would quite simply improve us with his movement and creativity, two things we really lacked today. I seriously question the managers judgement on this one.

100% agree.

What can N'Zogbia do that Gil can't?

Playing 90 minutes whilst at the same time not playing 90 minutes.

He has been treated terribly but he gets better and better with every game he doesnt play for us.

Completely false IMO

Was getting rave reviews from not just villa fans but others as well. I even remember various posters worrying that there was only a 10 million or so buy back clause in his contract from Valencia and speculating how long we could hold on to him.

All managers have their favourites and non favourites. Shame it hasn't worked out for him but we have to look at the bigger picture and how Sherwood is going to move this club forward so we don't have another season struggling against relegation. I hope people won't turn on him because of his treatment of Gil. 

Edited by PaulC

He has been treated terribly but he gets better and better with every game he doesnt play for us.

Completely false IMO

Was getting rave reviews from not just villa fans but others as well. I even remember various posters worrying that there was only a 10 million or so buy back clause in his contract from Valencia and speculating how long we could hold on to him.

Yes and I was one of the rave reviewers. I'm simply saying that I think fans have gone a bit overboard since he was frozen out. Hard to see him being here come August. I dont whats going to change that will make Sherwood go from clearly not liking him to being in his plans. We'll see.

He was voted signing of the transfer window on BBC. I know that doesn't prove anything, just that it's not a case of us overrating him. He struggled a bit with tracking back when playing on the right, but in the current formation he wouldn't have to do as much of that and the thought of him and Grealish being on the same wavelength behind Benteke was so exciting. Even if he was struggling with the pace, keeping him in the squad and giving him game time would be sound management. I'd be so disappointed if his career with us finished like this.

All we know is that he was picked the first time Sherwood picked his team and was subbed after a poor performance. Everything else is guess work yet everyone jumps to Sherwood's fault and Gil has been treated terribly.

Well, that was quite a dust up!

the%20raid%2003.jpg

Only me left now.  A generic henchman told me that Gil is being subjected to some 'treatment' in an underground lair out at the far end of the complex.

I did a bit of exploring and found this.

0315bb7f-e544-400e-9995-d04f90e04803.jpg

I'm about to go in.

#operationendthetreatment

• Like 2

All we know is that he was picked the first time Sherwood picked his team and was subbed after a poor performance. Everything else is guess work yet everyone jumps to Sherwood's fault and Gil has been treated terribly.

Whilst being played out of position...

If Sherwood looks at Grealish and see's a number 10 then god knows why he played Gil on the wing....

Is it possible...and I'm just throwing ideas out there...that despite a few good performances he actually isn't that good? You know how some players burst onto the scene looking like world beaters then fade away as everyone slowly realises they're actually pants? Carlton Cole was meant to be the best striker in the world, Jermain Pennant a future England regular. Luke Moore was "10x better than Gabby". Marlon bloody Harewood was the next Drogba after his first season and 6 months of phenomenal performances for Newcastle got Carroll a £35million move to Liverpool...so maybe he's actually crap, and Sherwood just figured that out before anyone else did...or maybe he will play next season without that constant threat of relegation looming?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it might not necessarily be a nailed on "he's the best player we have and it's obviously a personal thing between him and TS" thing

Â