Carles Gil

bose

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of falling out between manager and player but that is just guesswork of course. What is clear is that Sherwood doesn't like Gil [as a player] for whatever reason and seeing as the latter looked rather useful and a lot more talented then many others in the squad, the speculation will continue because it doesn't make sense from the outside.

Didnt he get injured on Kozak return game for Under 21. Was at least a month ago now so maybe he has been out since then, All the conspiracy theories put to bed for a few weeks

The treatment of Gil has been utter madness, he would quite simply improve us with his movement and creativity, two things we really lacked today. I seriously question the managers judgement on this one.

100% agree.

What can N'Zogbia do that Gil can't?

Probably a fair bit seeing that N'Zogbia is fit and Gil is injured.

1. N'Zogbia has played over Gil many times when they've both been fit under Sherwood.

2. No one was aware of Gil being supposedly injured when people (including myself) were posting asking why Gil wasn't involved today.

So why are you attempting to ridicule them for the club not making it clear that he was injured?

Let's not jump on this injury too quickly. He's been in training the last month. He may have picked up a hamstring injury this week after being frozen for so long. :P

In all seriousness.. all we know is he was out of favour and then Sherwood said he's undecided on him.. Thats all the facts we have at the moment. Let's see if he's involved in pre season.

Sorry to keep repeating myself, but he really could just be injured.  As I said a while ago, he was withdrawn from an U21 match because of injury and hasn't played since, but all the precious little fannies on here are convinced it's because nasty Tim Sherwood is bullying poor Carles.

Precious little fannies really made me laugh. Genuine big snorter. Well in :lol:

This whole Gil obsession is one of the weirdest things I have seen in my time as a Villatalker.

We win a match? Gil is soon top of the topic list with people asking why he wasn't playing.

We lose a match? Gil rises to the top again. Same question again but more licence to question the sanity/integrity/competence of the manager.

All of this for a player who played in 5 league matches, all of which we lost, and scored a goal against Bournemouth's 2nd XI.

Crazy stuff.

It's because he can control and pass the ball, and also... get this... take players on!

If you think he's no good, that's fine. There's no need to come in this thread and constantly batter people who are talking about him, and how he should be in ahead of players like Weimann and Zog. He should.

If he's been injured the last few games, that's a shame for him and us; quite rare in this day and age it hasn't been reported till after today's game. He was dropped like a stone from the squad initially though, and had a little run out in an U21 game, so there was likely a managerial decision in there for him to go from one of the first names on the team sheet to outside the 18.

There's a bit of the Okore about this, I wonder if he comes back next season and starts the season like a train Tim Sherwood will be congratulated on "giving him time"? While others will bellow from the rooftops about how he was always ready?

When a player wins goal of the season, do they not get a prize ? thought is was weird when he was announced as the winner and then nothing more happened. I am 100% sure he is off, very sad as I am sure given a chance he could have turned in to a star but of course we can't see training, maybe he is just shit in training. Don't understand it at all. 

Edited by Chicken Field

It's because he can control and pass the ball, and also... get this... take players on!

And let's just remind ourselves that this fantabulous, phenomenal player helped us to a sequence of 0-2, 0-5, 1-2, 0-2, 1-2 in his five league starts.

Clearly only a deluded lunatic such as Sherwood would refuse to play such a phenomenon.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

And let's just remind ourselves that this fantabulous, phenomenal player helped us to a sequence of 0-2, 0-5, 1-2, 0-2, 1-2 in his five league starts.

Clearly only a deluded lunatic such as Sherwood would refuse to play such a phenomenon.

Pretty sure it was already pointed out what terrible logic this is. Why do you keep doing this?

• Like 4

Better drop Benteke and Delph then. As they also played. Great logic.

• Like 1

This post is so dumb it's actually physically painful. 

On to the next topic:

'He was injured'

Okay. Would he have played if he'd been fit? Of course not. Apart from the keeper, Sherwood played his strongest fit XI yesterday. Even before his injury, Gil wasn't featuring in the XVIII let alone the XI. The Mail have reported that he's been told he will be 'allowed to leave' along with Weimann and Cissokho, which simply means placed on the transfer list. Whether he was injured or not yesterday, the reality is that he's not wanted at Aston Villa. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

I've managed to make a briny_ear approved squad that doesn't feature anyone who played in the same games Gil did! I think you'll agree it would have finished far higher than 17th in the table:

-------------------Given---------------------

------Lowton---Senderos----Kinsella---

--Calder----Herd-----Bacuna---Grealish--

--Hepburn-Murphy--Tea Lady---Kozak

• Like 3

Got to love the dedication to the cause on here:

"If Gil doesn't play against Burnley, he's finished at Villa and it's a huge mistake by Sherwood!"

On finding out he's injured:

"Well he wouldn't have played anyway, he's finished at Villa, huge mistake by Sherwood!"

• Like 3

"If Gil doesn't play against Burnley, he's finished at Villa and it's a huge mistake by Sherwood!"

"Well he wouldn't have played anyway, he's finished at Villa, huge mistake by Sherwood!"

Spot on. Glad you agree now ;)

I've managed to make a briny_ear approved squad that doesn't feature anyone who played in the same games Gil did! I think you'll agree it would have finished far higher than 17th in the table:

-------------------Given---------------------

------Lowton---Senderos----Kinsella---

--Calder----Herd-----Bacuna---Grealish--

--Hepburn-Murphy--Tea Lady---Kozak

That's spooky.

I heard Sherwood was actually thinking of selecting that squad for the Burnley game just out of personal spite for Gil, which is his only motivation in team selection these days, I understand.

HanoiVillan = ITK??

It is funny to read though

When Sherwood comes out and says he is undecided on his future, weather he is injured or not I cannot see him as part of his plans next season. The players he wants here. Benteke, Cleverley. Sinclair, he had no hesitation coming out and confirming his intentions. He is very quite on Gil and this sees to be leading to him not being part of the squad next season. Even if he is not a starter I would 100% keep him in the squad, bad move I think personally.

They'll be questions marks over most of the squad. Saying he's undecided probably means just that. We won't know if Gil was set to play against Burnley so only time will tell. He looked a good player but I think he's becoming better every time he doesn't play.

Sorry to keep repeating myself, but he really could just be injured.  As I said a while ago, he was withdrawn from an U21 match because of injury and hasn't played since, but all the precious little fannies on here are convinced it's because nasty Tim Sherwood is bullying poor Carles.

Precious little fannies really made me laugh. Genuine big snorter. Well in :lol:

This whole Gil obsession is one of the weirdest things I have seen in my time as a Villatalker.

We win a match? Gil is soon top of the topic list with people asking why he wasn't playing.

We lose a match? Gil rises to the top again. Same question again but more licence to question the sanity/integrity/competence of the manager.

All of this for a player who played in 5 league matches, all of which we lost, and scored a goal against Bournemouth's 2nd XI.

Crazy stuff.

If you think he's no good, that's fine. There's no need to come in this thread and constantly batter people who are talking about him, and how he should be in ahead of players like Weimann and Zog. He should

I can understand the argument that he should be on the bench, but in the first XI over Zog? No chance.

Â