New manager

reykjavik

Yea and where is this big opportunity he has elsewhere? I'm not even agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion but people are quick to forget this is a huge league for a manager wanting to go places, most managers would have to do years of lower league work to get a premier league job.

Yea and where is this big opportunity he has elsewhere? I'm not even agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion but people are quick to forget this is a huge league for a manager wanting to go places, most managers would have to do years of lower league work to get a premier league job.

if he did want to leave his current position there would be no end of clubs that would take a look.

my choices:

Frank Rijkaard

Thomas Tuchel

Vitor Periera 

Frank retired, and Vitor Pereira signed with Olympiakos 2 weeks ago.

It's Frank Rijkaard not Ret... oh ! my bad thought you misspelled his name! :P

• Like 2

people are quick to forget this is a huge league for a manager wanting to go places, most managers would have to do years of lower league work to get a premier league job.

Spot on there.

That's why when the job was last available, a 'proven' manager apparently laughed at the budget available and withdrew his application, but Lambert took the job.

I doubt there would be a lack of candidates, I just don't think there would be many good ones (or at least 'good' in the sense that they had done well in another top league or the Prem itself)

• Like 1

people are quick to forget this is a huge league for a manager wanting to go places, most managers would have to do years of lower league work to get a premier league job.

Spot on there.

That's why when the job was last available, a 'proven' manager apparently laughed at the budget available and withdrew his application, but Lambert took the job.

I doubt there would be a lack of candidates, I just don't think there would be many good ones (or at least 'good' in the sense that they had done well in another top league or the Prem itself)

Who was that?

Really?

Interestment if true. I didn't know that, honeymoon over for him at Napoli now. Rumbles of Spaletti being lined up to replace him in the summer. He is a bit of a chequebook manager I suppose. Signed a lot of crap for a lot of money but some great talent too...

Really?

Interestment if true. I didn't know that, honeymoon over for him at Napoli now. Rumbles of Spaletti being lined up to replace him in the summer. He is a bit of a chequebook manager I suppose. Signed a lot of crap for a lot of money but some great talent too...

Yeah he was actually in dialouge with Lerner at one point, the stumbling block was that Rafa wanted a budget of so many million ( I cant remember the figure ) , Lerner said no, Rafa withdrew his interest. I didnt think he was doing to bad in Napoli at the moment??? Won the coppa Italia, won the super coppa and he is in the champions league spots again behind Juve and Roma.

Really?

Yeah he was actually in dialouge with Lerner at one point, the stumbling block was that Rafa wanted a budget of so many million ( I cant remember the figure ) , Lerner said no, Rafa withdrew his interest. I didnt think he was doing to bad in Napoli at the moment??? Won the coppa Italia, won the super coppa and he is in the champions league spots again behind Juve and Roma.

Yeah, Napoli fans wanted a bit more though, go further in the CL and challenge for the title, there was a big dip in their level of performance from when he came in. Their picking up though, and profiting from the incredible demise of the Milan clubs. I think his contract is up in the summer and they are already talking Spaletti. People really don't give a monkeys about the coppa over here, not got the same status as the FA cup at all.

Anyway, regarding talks with Lerner, that certainly sheds some light on Mr Lambert's working conditions. It woudl have been very interesting to see Benitez at Villa, I think he would have been found out a bit to be honest and not lasted long before he ran!

Edited by romavillan

Really?

Yeah, Napoli fans wanted a bit more though, go further in the CL and challenge for the title, there was a big dip in their level of performance from when he came in. Their picking up though, and profiting from the incredible demise of the Milan clubs. I think his contract is up in the summer and they are already talking Spaletti. People really don't give a monkeys about the coppa over here, not got the same status as the FA cup at all.

Anyway, regarding talks with Lerner, that certainly sheds some light on Mr Lambert's working conditions. It woudl have been very interesting to see Benitez at Villa, I think he would have been found out a bit to be honest and not lasted long before he ran!

Yeah they are some way off in the title but nobody can compete with Juventus at present, they are so strong and benefit massivley from owning their own stadium. I expected Napoli to be a bit closer than they are but top 3 is about right for them IMO. Rafa hasnt exactly been a failure over there though, I do agree with you though he would not have done well at Villa which is probably why he wanted so much to spend.

Bilic loves a challenge

I get the sense that the first thing Bilic would do would be get rid Gabby (assuming Gabby's level of "control" in the dressing room is as rumoured) which could well be a very important first step. You need someone with balls who'll come in and not care who's local, who's done what or who's the big daddy in the squad. The danger, though, is that he could very easily lose the dressing room from the start.

I can't remember who said it, but isn't there an old saying in football management that the first thing you need to do is pick a fight with a big name so the other players know you're not going to take crap?

What's this rumor about Gabby? Not heard anything.

Bilic loves a challenge

I get the sense that the first thing Bilic would do would be get rid Gabby (assuming Gabby's level of "control" in the dressing room is as rumoured) which could well be a very important first step. You need someone with balls who'll come in and not care who's local, who's done what or who's the big daddy in the squad. The danger, though, is that he could very easily lose the dressing room from the start.

I can't remember who said it, but isn't there an old saying in football management that the first thing you need to do is pick a fight with a big name so the other players know you're not going to take crap?

What's this rumor about Gabby? Not heard anything.

It's bollocks. Gabby cant control himself never mind an entire dressing room

• Like 3

"a 'proven' manager apparently laughed at the budget available and withdrew his application".  FSW then Richard. I had guessed that might have been a reference to Martinez but I guess most managers (even Ole GS) would have had the same reaction to working under the budget constraints that Lambert for some reason accepted.  

Gary Neville said recently that he was considering management in the near future.

Wouldn't be a bad shout if Lambert is sacked/leaves.

Obviously he's unproven, but he clearly knows his stuff and generally strikes me as somebody who would be a successful manager.

Would be unlikely to turn his nose up at us imo, despite the financial restrictions.