New manager

reykjavik

for us to sign players as, stated eralier he isnt going anywhere. looks like we stuck with him and have to get behind him and the side and see where we are at end of the season.

hopefully with lamberts experience we should have enough to stay up

• Like 1

I think the bloke who coaches the Under 18 team my son plays for could do a better job. They play far more attractive football than Villa do and added to that he is a Villa fan. Shall I drop Randy his number?

• Like 2

Because of our financial/ ownership situation, one of the main reasons given for keeping Lambert, is his good record in the transfer market. His ability to spot a bargain.

I understand this, but there are many other managers out there who spot bargains. I would just like us to take a punt on someone who can also spot a bargain, but MAY also have some other managerial abilities.

Any manager who can get us to score some goals would do for me,under the clueless one i have forgotten what a villa goal feels like.Just TWO  goals at the Holte end since last April so i was reading this morning

Because of our financial/ ownership situation, one of the main reasons given for keeping Lambert, is his good record in the transfer market. His ability to spot a bargain.

I understand this, but there are many other managers out there who spot bargains. I would just like us to take a punt on someone who can also spot a bargain, but MAY also have some other managerial abilities.

100% this. And let's face it Lambert is not the sole person at the club finding these players. Full credit for deciding to sign them but I'm confident our scouting set up would continue to find decent players that don't cost a fortune.

What about someone like Zinidene Zidane? He's already coaching, he's a massive name and would be a huge draw for players, he'd raise the profile of our club in a massive way and he'd get commercial partners excited. 

What about someone like Zinidene Zidane? He's already coaching, he's a massive name and would be a huge draw for players, he'd raise the profile of our club in a massive way and he'd get commercial partners excited.

Yeah, make the call Randy.

• Like 1

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.

Very serious. Why not? It's not like Pep Guardiola had any big-time experience before getting the Barca job, and Zidane, given the fact he's working with Castilla at the moment (and was assistant for Real last year, winning the CdR and Champions League), would surely have no problem getting us loans of younger Real players. He's worked under some very good managers, knows how to play the game properly, and might just be eager enough for a solo job that he'd consider it

Bilic loves a challenge

I get the sense that the first thing Bilic would do would be get rid Gabby (assuming Gabby's level of "control" in the dressing room is as rumoured) which could well be a very important first step. You need someone with balls who'll come in and not care who's local, who's done what or who's the big daddy in the squad. The danger, though, is that he could very easily lose the dressing room from the start.

I can't remember who said it, but isn't there an old saying in football management that the first thing you need to do is pick a fight with a big name so the other players know you're not going to take crap?

Zidane could possibly be gettable. It's well known that Real Madrid are grooming him to eventually become first-team manager there but reports in the summer suggested that they would like him to get some managerial experience elsewhere first. He was linked with a few Ligue 1 job around that time.

My problem with the suggestion is that the thinking here seems to be that his ability as a player will therefore reflect on his ability as a manager and I needn't bring up the endless examples that conclusively show there to be no correlation between the two.

A lot of talk that Fox was brought in to try and help improve the image of the club with that in mind I think when Lambert leaves they'll try and replace him with someone with a reputation for playing good football. Although hopefully Lerner will have sold up by then, not sure where that would leave Fox.