The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's been done earlier in the thread, that in France the police can stop and ask anyone for ID so it's better for anyone preparing a terrorist attack to carry it with them to avoid suspicion on the off chance they get stopped.  Hence why they have passports on them.

I see your point. Same where I live, so I thought about this too.

But it's not like a terrorist would think: "Oh I better make sure my passeport is safe from the explosion so they can identify me later."

I think normally it would be disintegrated.

But hey, "conspiracy nut" here.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Before we go full tinfoil hat conspiracy, we haven't been told that they found nothing except a passport, we've been told they found a passport - as this is the important bit.

Wasn't there a report that they also had at least one finger or thumb? Nobody is suggesting he had one suspiciously robust thumb. 

It might be that there is a whole litter bin full of bits left to stick in a jiffy bag back to his mum. It was just the passport that was of interest. Could be a deliberate fake by the murderers. Could be all sorts of weird and wonderful explanations yet. Don't get too caught up in the excitement of the CNN's and Sky's of this world needing to keep saying anything as long as they say it fast and live!

Possibly.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Sorry double post.

I find the second part of the sentence very interesting: "and all those who advocate hate of the republic".

Oh, so I am now potentially a terrorist for advocating hate of the republic/state/public opinion?

image.png

It's not always a good idea to get hung up on individual words or phrases when analyzing what a French guy said.  Stuff gets lost in translation. 

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

You detonate your suicide vest which blows you to smithereens but your passport remains intact?

It may surprise some people but in the last 2 weeks I have seen 2 or 3 suicide bombers that are still alive after detonation.  It maybe down to bad design but the top half of their body (minus arms) was working perfectly and they were looking around and trying to speak.  This is why it would be perfectly reasonable to see undamaged items from pockets etc. that are untouched by explosion.  The clips are very easy to find and quite recent and show Islam for what it really is,  if it produces 1 of these then that's 1 too many.

20 minutes ago, choffer said:

You detonate your suicide vest which blows you to smithereens but your passport remains intact?

Really depends on the quality of the bomb. It's possible for full limbs and other accompanying 'objects' to be left in tact after detonation.

I think we've held off long enough on tackling Isis on the ground. It may be what they want, but I'd rather see them wiped off the face of the earth at a cost rather than deal with whatever nightmarish state they control and the inevitable genocide that follows. It is getting far too close to that reality as it is. It is certainly one of those times in history when the bad guys are pretty **** obvious and pretty **** bad and need dealt with by any means necessary.

• Like 2

Loads of things survive a suicide vest exploding. The head usually gets blown off intact so they're usually easy to identify, limbs turn into human shrapnel, small light weight things tend to get blown away largely intact, etc etc. Finding a passport isn't unusual in that respect.

It's all irrelevant stopping ISIS (of course we should), it's about the haves and the have nots.  As long as the have nots don't have what the haves have, there will always be a problem with someone.

You can't please everyone.

We get rid of ISIS, someone else fills the void.  The best it does is make an example out of them and make others think "maybe I won't try that", but then it's not the thinkers that are the problem, it's the easily led/easily brainwashed people which are the problem.  Actually, no it's not, it's the people brainwashing/leading which are the problem.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

A person is going to commit mass murder, takes his passport with him.

Seems legit

Of course they would carry a passport. Whether it's real or fake is another question. 

First, if they're stopped by the police they can show documents, otherwise it'd be even more suspiocious. Then, they throw the passports on the ground before they detonate themselves or get detonated by others - this is why passports are intact. Passports could lead investigation on the worng track and/or could also be a proof to those who ordered the attacks. Usually those who are blown up have families who get benefits or get debt relief, etc. 

putin.thumb.jpg.c51189e636cfc3e19a9eb9b9

Putin: '£12 for a basic pizza? £5 for Heineken? No way am I paying that'

Obama: 'ok, here's the deal, you buy some cokes, I'll go to that shop up the road and get a half bottle of something and two tubes of pringles'

Putin: 'sorted, meet back at my room, I can put movies on expenses'

Edited by chrisp65

Â