The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

3 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

They are not unfairly treated, sweden are probably the least racist country in the world, we give in to all their demands.

We have huge problems here and people are fed up with it, and many of us feel betrayed by our politicans.

I'm not convinced that all of those statements and claims in bold go together too neatly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I've tried wahhabism a couple of times and really really didn't like it.

Last time I tried it was quite recent, I was a bit confused when I tried it but knew straight away it still wasn't for me.

you welsh will try anything once :)

2 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Yeah, really silly comment by you.

I dunno. My comments don't sound like they come out of Goebbels playbook.

It sounds like you just don't like Muslims. That you don't view brown people as true Swedes. That the refugees coming to Europe to seek a better life are actually in your opinion an army to knife Europe and bleed it dry and pick over the righteous white folks corpses.

I might be wrong, I guess. Language issues.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

shocking.

depends on how you count.

33% are born outside sweden. 11% are born in sweden but with both parents as immigrants.

source: http://malmo.se/Kommun--politik/Statistik/Befolkning/Utlandsk-bakgrund.html

source is in swedish, but most web browsers can translate well enough.

Edited by tomaspg

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

do you not believe him?

I don't disbelieve that what Ikant thinks is what he actually thinks/believes.

What I questioned there was that what he said actually fitted together well. He said that it was the least racist country in the world (a) and yet they 'give in' to 'their demands' (b) and they have 'huge problems' (c) and 'people are fed up with it' (d) . Now, one would assume that he meant that c and d were as a result of b - that's without querying the phrasing (albeit in a second language) of b when held up against the claim a.

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I don't disbelieve that what Ikant thinks is what he actually thinks/believes.

What I questioned there was that what he said actually fitted together well. He said that it was the least racist country in the world (a) and yet they 'give in' to 'their demands' (b) and they have 'huge problems' (c) and 'people are fed up with it' (c) . Now, one would assume that he meant that c and d were as a result of b - that's without querying the phrasing (albeit in a second language) of b when held up against the claim a.

steady on your confusing me.

7 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

The whole **** point of ethics, principles and so on is that they are suppose to be a guiding light, they are not worth shit if you give up on them as soon as it starts to get tough to follow through. Its now that they are the most important part of our view of life and were giving up on them.

Spot on. :thumb:

7 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

they dont.

we have always claimed to be in the front when it comes to welcoming refugees, fighting inequalities, anti-racism and to be fair, it might be a bit of a generalisation of us as a people, but we have always been on our high horses pretending we are ethically and principally superior, do-gooders to the bone. But its easy holding up those principles to get a pat on the back when its easy, but now when its getting strained, when its tough, we start fiddling with our principles. The whole **** point of ethics, principles and so on is that they are suppose to be a guiding light, they are not worth shit if you give up on them as soon as it starts to get tough to follow through. Its now that they are the most important part of our view of life and were giving up on them.

interesting to read that you have a different view to your fellow countryman even though gothenburg is having a lot of problems too.

Â