The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

4 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

depends on how you count.

33% are born outside sweden. 11% are born in sweden but with both parents as immigrants.

source: http://malmo.se/Kommun--politik/Statistik/Befolkning/Utlandsk-bakgrund.html

source is in swedish, but most web browsers can translate well enough.

You forgot about the thousands who are here illegally, and the thousands who have arrived the last few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I dunno. My comments don't sound like they come out of Goebbels playbook.

It sounds like you just don't like Muslims. That you don't view brown people as true Swedes. That the refugees coming to Europe to seek a better life are actually in your opinion an army to knife Europe and bleed it dry and pick over the righteous white folks corpses.

I might be wrong, I guess. Language issues.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

just read that iraqi spies had tipped off the uk the day before about an attack and also in august when they had intelligence about 24 jihadists planning an attack on a paris concert hall. seems this could of easily been stopped.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

just read that iraqi spies had tipped off the uk the day before about an attack and also in august when they had intelligence about 24 jihadists planning an attack on a paris concert hall. seems this could of easily been stopped.

I imagine it was not easy at all. UK security appear to be getting a lot of praise at how good they are at stopping attacks in the UK. i imagine they didnt just not bother with this  threat

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

interesting to read that you have a different view to your fellow countryman even though gothenburg is having a lot of problems too.

as its quite a prominent question at the moment, with alot of emotions involved, its rocking the ground on which we stand on, its natural for everyone to have strong and different opinions on these issues and we hold our views dearly as everyone knows how much is at stake. No one knows what is right and wrong, only the future does, the only thing we as a people can do is to hold discussions and try to come to a conclusion on how to proceed. i think its important to remember that in the end I think most people want the same thing, peace, being able to live a decent life without fear, its just that we think differently in how we precieve the way to our goal. hopefully everyone can bring something valuable away from this discussion, we probably wont change our minds but maybe we have gained an insight we didnt have before, a view that was previously unexplored, it might not be the solution but atleast we have a step in the right direction.

Edited by tomaspg
preciously = previously
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, gharperr said:

I imagine it was not easy at all. UK security appear to be getting a lot of praise at how good they are at stopping attacks in the UK. i imagine they didnt just bother with this  threat

you cant stop them all i suppose but plenty of clues seem there for this one.

15 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

You forgot about the thousands who are here illegally, and the thousands who have arrived the last few weeks.

yes alot of people have arrived recently, but as im sure you are aware from the recent media coverage, alot of them eventually gets put on 12 hour bus rides up north. and for the "thousands" that are here illegally, in the grand scheme of our statistics, they wouldnt make much difference, yes the % might fluctuate with 2-4% but its not a 20% increase. such is the nature of all statistics.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

yeah it seems to say 20% muslim population.

I've only looked at the number of foreign born residents/residents with at least one foreign born parent, as Ikant's specific claim was that Swedes (presumably ethnic Swedes) were a minority in Malmø. Although I am fairly sure that muslims are indeed far from being a majority in Malmø, too.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 1

I said this before but i'll say it again.

We've let in a tonne of immigrants into Europe. Hundreds of thousands of people.

There's been what, one attack since we started letting them in. How many months ago?

And even then, you can't say for sure that all 8 of the people who carried out the Paris attack came in with the refugees.

That, to me, makes me think that these refugees, are actually that. Refugees. And the fear of them is unfounded.

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

He 'forgot' about them or did he just not know that you'd gone around and counted them?

The swedish migration board thinks there are somewhere between 10.000-15.000.

And the friends i have in the police force who have to deal with them daily thinks there are more than that.

But hey, what do we know, you are snowychap from england, you know best for evryone.

44 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

they dont.

we have always claimed to be in the front when it comes to welcoming refugees, fighting inequalities, anti-racism and to be fair, it might be a bit of a generalisation of us as a people, but we have always been on our high horses pretending we are ethically and principally superior, do-gooders to the bone. But its easy holding up those principles to get a pat on the back when its easy, but now when its getting strained, when its tough, we start fiddling with our principles. The whole **** point of ethics, principles and so on is that they are suppose to be a guiding light, they are not worth shit if you give up on them as soon as it starts to get tough to follow through. Its now that they are the most important part of our view of life and were giving up on them.

I just wanted to say, what an excellent post. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I said this before but i'll say it again.

We've let in a tonne of immigrants into Europe. Hundreds of thousands of people.

There's been what, one attack since we started letting them in. How many months ago?

And even then, you can't say for sure that all 8 of the people who carried out the Paris attack came in with the refugees.

That, to me, makes me think that these refugees, are actually that. Refugees. And the fear of them is unfounded.

like im with you with the whole pro-refugee thing but your argument kind of sucks. Its going to take quite a while to be able to move from A to B, get required capital needed to buy guns/bombs etc whilst not raising any kind of suspicion. And then to plan it all. And then theres potentially the attacks we dont hear about, or the ones who are suspicious as **** who havent carried out the attack yet.

Edited by gharperr

3 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

The swedish migration board thinks there are somewhere between 10.000-15.000.

And the friends i have in the police force who have to deal with them daily thinks there are more than that.

But hey, what do we know, you are snowychap from england, you know best for evryone.

What do you know? I don't know. You're telling me what various groups 'think'. Think v Know.

I'm not claiming to know anything, Ikantcpell from Sweden.

What is the actual population of Malmo?

The figure from the 'swedish migration board' or your mates in the police will be fine.

• Like 1

Â