The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

48 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

I dont missunderstood anything, do you think the persons that did this see themself as french?

I have no idea. That isn't what you were getting at though.

You said they should 'ship them off to whatever shit country they're coming from'. That country, in at least some of these guys cases, was France. The soil he was standing on. 

Whether they saw themselves as French is neither here nor there.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

I can't speak for ISIS, but they don't have an end game, they are just power seeking nutters.

They sell it to their followers as being about prophecy and to hasten Armageddon (or whatever Islam calls it) when Jesus returns to lead them to victory. Don't mistake ISIS for Islam, Islam is just their tool.

is wahhabism what isis is following? can you actually follow wahhabism peacefully. 

18 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Nothing to do with the match that night?

My understanding is that the person on the Been was speaking about one of the areas away from the stadium, where you would expect a lower police presence.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

is wahhabism what isis is following? can you actually follow wahhabism peacefully. 

ISIS will use wahhabism for its own ends. I doubt anyone senior in ISIS believes in any religion, other than to exploit it.

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

There are something's you read that are so mind blowing that they are actually annoying. Was there no law that was being broken by driving around with those weapons. If I had those in my blog and got stopped in Birmingham I would imagine there would be some interviews at the local station followed by some charges

I think you've misunderstood. The man who was driving with the guns in his car was arrested. The satnav retrieved stated he was headed to Paris. The German authorities would have told France to be on high alert because they have arrested someone who had an obvious intention of harming the French people.

I don't think the German police let that man continue to France... 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

do you honestly not see the problem with what you're saying? what they see themselfs really doesnt matter, its who they actually are that counts.

lets pretend for a minute that Brevik identified as Finnish, and he loathed the Norweigans obviously. I bet the general consensus in Norway is that the dude is a complete and utter word removed and has nothing to do with the generall identification of a Norweigan. So they all decide he's Finnish and they put him on a plane over there. do you think Finland would let him in with open arms? or do you think they will tell him to **** off? where does he go to then?

a bit of folkvett plix.

What a stupid comparison, cant you do better than that? The problem is that they detest us and our way of life, i know alot of people here in malmö that are born here or have atleast grown up here but their parents are from the middle east, they dont see themself as swedish, even tough they have never been in iraq they still see themself as iraqis and are very proud of their country, they hate the swedish people and our way of life.

It pisses me off that they seems to hate us so much but yet many of them are living of the swedish tax payers money.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

What a stupid comparison, cant you do better than that? The problem is that they detest us and our way of life, i know alot of people here in malmö that are born here or have atleast grown up here but their parents are from the middle east, they dont see themself as swedish, even tough they have never been in iraq they still see themself as iraqis and are very proud of their country, they hate the swedish people and our way of life.

It pisses me off that they seems to hate us so much but yet many of them are living of the swedish tax payers money.

Swedes are actually a minority in Malmo now aren't they?

3 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

seems like a lot of countries are having problems with their muslim population. coming from someone who lives in a muslim area how bad is it in malmo, obviously ive read things but you actually live there. does your country actually add fuel to the fire, are  muslims unfairly treated? 

18 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

how is it stupid? they are swedish citizens, they are apart of this country wether it fits your view or not. Thats the bottom line, legalities, not our presumption on where people belong. Iraq has 0 responsibilities towards these people, maybe some towards their parents if they have dual citizenships. We have no right to deport them and Iraq has no obligation to recieve them regardless if they would fit in better there or if we simply want to get rid of them. They can be as proud as they like of Iraq but they arent in a legal sense Iraqies.

it pisses alot of people of, just look at the local political climate, its not much better up here in Gothenburg. Everyone, us, them need to find some sort of middle ground, somewhere were all parts can agree and live with some compromises. it works in other parts of the world, someone just needs to be the first to put their metaphorical guns down. If we dont we can all stick to our rock solid principles and it will be our ultimate demise. A tree that refuses to bend to the wind eventually snaps and all that.

Edited by tomaspg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

New politicans who dont let Isis terrorists flood in to europe would make things a hell of a lot better.

They must have kept the flood of terrorists quiet.

Maybe it's more a drizzle of terrorists?

Or maybe this is a silly comment.

I'm not sure.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, limpid said:

ISIS will use wahhabism for its own ends. I doubt anyone senior in ISIS believes in any religion, other than to exploit it.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't know that being power-crazed necessarily prohibits belief in a deity and the associated rigmarole.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I'm not so sure about that. I don't know that being power-crazed necessarily prohibits belief in a deity and the associated rigmarole.

I'm not sure either, that's why I included a "doubt" :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

New politicans who dont let Isis terrorists flood in to europe would make things a hell of a lot better.

New politicians who don't bomb civilisations back to the kind of stone age conditions that breed stone age attitudes would make things a hell of a lot better. 

For example, prior to the first gulf war, Iraq had some of the best Universities in the middle east, it was proud of them. Good schools open up learning, education changes societies, it changes attitudes, it undermines religious extremism, it encourages equality of the sexes, a respect for sciences and attitudes of freedom of thought and expression. Bombing doesn't do that, bombing brings out the worst in societies, it sends people back to superstition, to hatred, to separatism and to extremism, that's true at both ends of the scale.

More bombs won't make Syria better. Making Syria better will lead to less terrorists.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

seems like a lot of countries are having problems with their muslim population. coming from someone who lives in a muslim area how bad is it in malmo, obviously ive read things but you actually live there. does your country actually add fuel to the fire, are  muslims unfairly treated? 

They are not unfairly treated, sweden are probably the least racist country in the world, we give in to all their demands.

We have huge problems here and people are fed up with it, and many of us feel betrayed by our politicans.

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

They are not unfairly treated, sweden are probably the least racist country in the world, we give in to all their demands.

We have huge problems here and people are fed up with it, and many of us feel betrayed by our politicans.

it seems a common story in other places.

Â