What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

On 12/04/2021 at 18:35, chrisp65 said:

For a long time I thought Steely Dan were overproduced Yacht Rock. Well, they are, but I've recently "understood" the Dan. But I also just turned 50, which might explain something.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

For a long time I thought Steely Dan were overproduced Yacht Rock. Well, they are, but I've recently "understood" the Dan. But I also just turned 50, which might explain something.

He is only listening to it because MrsChrisp65 said no more bloody Super Furry Animals. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

He is only listening to it because MrsChrisp65 said no more bloody Super Furry Animals. 

You’re both right!

I’ve had a couple of Super Furries cover albums on loop for a couple of days... and unsavoury opinions were expressed. You think you know someone, eh!

So yeah, I went reversey Percy and thought I’d play something the SFA had sampled and covered, that’d throw her off the scent.

For a long long time I would not have considered listening to Steely Dan, and probably didn’t even realise they were a different band to Steeleye Span. Then I’ve heard ‘Lowlands of Holland’ by the Span, and found the sample SFA used by the Dan. And here we are, mid 50’s listening to stuff I’d never have sanctioned previously. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Just for @bickster..

Worst Bunnymen cover ever! I do however own a copy. It was recorded as part of the Ch4 series Play At Home, theirs was subtitled "Life at Brian's", Brian's Diner being a cafe on Stanley St that the band used to frequent (Their reheasal rooms were around the corner.) It was released on a double 7" ltd edition single of Seven Seas. My Beatle hatred hadn't really begun at that point as I wasn't living in Liverpool and was years away from moving into the house that the Magical Mystery Tour Bus stopped outside which just happens to overlook this very cathedral

But like Pete said, that cover is awful regardless of who recorded the original.

• Like 1

Â