Christmas '14

maqroll

For me it was the realisation that I'll never have a proper Christmas week off after uni. The way or country is run means that profit and running us into the ground as a populace is more important than letting us spend time with our families at Christmas.

If I ever get into power I'll make it compulsary that we all get some proper time off at Christmas.

Off to Dubai in the morning ... Going to escape this cold weather by going to the indoor snow and ski centre ... Plan is to go deep sea fishing with the boy one day , water park another and generally just chill by the pool .... Will be our 4th time in Dubai , I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but we always enjoy it when we go , hence why we go back I guess :)

Had Christmas dinner today will open presents in the morning before heading to the airport around 11:00

(24th is Xmas day for Hungarians too just to part take in that conversation )

Hope you all have a good one and best wishes for 2015

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

For me it was the realisation that I'll never have a proper Christmas week off after uni. The way or country is run means that profit and running us into the ground as a populace is more important than letting us spend time with our families at Christmas.

If I ever get into power I'll make it compulsary that we all get some proper time off at Christmas.

Get a job as a teacher.

Off to see my parents in the morning, then the future parents-in-law for Christmas lunch (beef, turkey, gammon and veg) then some games and home.

I just don't feel like Christmas this year tbh. Think the house move has taken over.

I just don't feel like Christmas this year tbh. Think the house move has taken over.

I'm in the same boat. Think it's something to do with spending tomorrow with the gf's family. An odder bunch of people, you'd be hard pushed to find.

An odder bunch of people, you'd be hard pushed to find.

Do tell... :)

Not much to tell really. They're all very friendly but all completely loopy. Previous experience will suggest that a good proportion will be medicated and the rest will be overexcited.

Her dad will have retired to his study within an hour of our arrival, her sister and obnoxious husband will spend all their time belittling everyone and ensuring we all know our lives aren't as fulfilling as theirs (their teenage daughter will be ignored and their 5 yr old lauded for every precocious thing she does) and the gf's mum will wind herself into a frenzy worrying that everyone is enjoying themselves, then drink too much and start crying before the queen has finished her speech over something as trivial as brandy butter.

Probably no worse than what many will have to endure but I'd much rather be with my family.

• Like 1

Happy Christmas you miserable people. :)

I just am not excited for Christmas this year at all, I think it's because im not in full time education anymore and i've become more of an adult with getting a job and looking at getting my own place in the summer. Hopefully once i've opened all my presents in the morning and then stuffed my face with chocolate and alcohol maybe i'll feel a little bit more festive.

Probably will find myself on here tomorrow night, in the meantime I hope you all have a good Christmas day and Santa brings you everything you want. :D

• Like 2

Â