Christmas '14

maqroll

Had my team Xmas meal last night... to be fair it was a cracking night. Food was superb and the venue was very good (Highfield gastro pub in Edgbaston). Worth paying the extra for higher quality surroundings.

http://www.highfieldedgbaston.co.uk/

What did you have?

Butternut squash for starter, was ok, but on reflection should have had the fish board for 1 as it was much more substantial!

Turkey for main - was lovely. A fair chunk of it as well

White chocolate cheesecake for dessert. 

Few mugs of mulled wine, couple of beers and too many Jameson's!

You are Jimmy McNulty - I claim my prize!

• Like 1

The trouble with using alcohol as anti-relatives anaesthetic is that it loosens your tongue, and ultimately increases the likelihood of a barney.

160px-Barney_Rubble.png

That's where it comes from.

Cockney rhyming slang? "Barney Rubble" = "trouble"?

Not sure about that, but I guess it could be.

• Like 1

The trouble with using alcohol as anti-relatives anaesthetic is that it loosens your tongue, and ultimately increases the likelihood of a barney.

160px-Barney_Rubble.png

Yep, that's it. :thumb:

160px-Barney_Rubble.png

Yep, that's it. :thumb:

edit: I see limpid edited the link to get it embedded, but that broke the time-link of the vid, so jump the 50 seconds for the "rubble"

Edited by Tegis
fixed embed

So, what are people doing for Xmas day? Quiet family one? Going to parents / relatives? 

Off to my parents for Xmas day... and then taking them out for Boxing day meal. 

Elder daughter and her feller are coming to our house, younger daughter and her feller are going to his mum's house. Also, my missus' best mate is on her own, so she's coming to ours, too.

Difficult year so I believe the current plan is the 24th food and drink at my brothers new place with his wife and kid and probably her family. Pop some presents to girlfriend and her family on the afternoon. Christmas Day is breakfast at my sisters, then dad and I having something approaching dinner. Boxing day is traditional trip to my dad's aunts, then girlfriends on the evening.

I suspect the whole thing to be awful.

Christmas ham in the oven. Yummmmy

22nd December? I hope it's on quite low, it's got three days!

2 things, us swedes (all Scandinavians actually) do our celebration on christmas eve.

And we eat the ham cold, it will last until new-year.

Finishing work today... around lunchtime hopefully. Depends how long they keep us. There's no point in anyone being here.

Game of footy tonight. Lie in tomorrow then off round to my parents for about a week. Eat, drink and get fat.

Lovely stuff

Elder daughter and her feller are coming to our house, younger daughter and her feller are going to his mum's house. Also, my missus' best mate is on her own, so she's coming to ours, too.

Isn't it 'fella'?

I hate the whole travelling around various family members day after day. I'm far more selfish :D I'm staying at home, people that want to spend time with us / the children are welcome to come to us... but we aren't going anywhere.

Got the in-laws, sister in-law + her bf coming to ours for Christmas dinner which will be nice.

Â