January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Isn't Twitter shit? 

Was bored on my lunch break so did a search for #avfc to see the latest (made up) transfer gossip. But all that comes up is the same stories recycled by loads of other people. What's the point?

AFAICT - there's no new rumours.  

Edited by PieFacE

How is it we had the money to pay for Cleverley, but not for Sinclair? Unless the money from Cleverley has been spent on Sanchez and Gil I guess.

We had done the deal for Carlos before we tried to bring in Cleverley on deadline day so I don't think Valencia would have got any of the money we had available to spend on Tom later on.   

Tim Sherwood was meant to at the game yesterday according to twitter.

As was Gordon Strachan from the looks of the photo posted in this thread last night. I would imagine that Sherwood is turning up at as many places as possible at the moment - just so he can rule out being interested in more jobs.

• Like 2

Tim Sherwood was meant to at the game yesterday according to twitter.

As was Gordon Strachan from the looks of the photo posted in this thread last night. I would imagine that Sherwood is turning up at as many places as possible at the moment - just so he can rule out being interested in more jobs.

I saw him filling out an application form in McDonalds, but Burger King are retaining an interest.

also we might be buying Januzaj on loan but only if Cleverly turns out be the Goblin King from Labyrinth and fails to seduce that bird and keep her kid so ceases to be.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Sky transfer centre saying us and Spurs have shown late interest in Dele alli from Mk dons

Bit early for late interest isn't it?
I think it means late interest as in Newcastle were leading the way but us and Spurs have now shown an interest.

Would be nice to get one more attacking option in.

You really feel that our squad is very close to being good.

GK - Good starter and back up

Defence - Good starters and back up certainly in the middle. I think Richardson is decent cover at LB and Lowton is OK good going forwrad but ropey.

Defensive midfield - Good starters and cover.

Box to box - Think this is an area we have to improve with coachin - Delph. Cleverly and Bacuna all capable of doing more in opponents box.

Attacking midfied - Gill has had a great start little support with Cole perenially injured.

Wide attack/wing - Weimann, Gabby, N'Zog - A glaring lack of quality compared to other areas of the team. Still need additions here.

Strikers - Benteke still a beast for me even if he has been poor lately, think he'll kick on big time once he gets a goal and hopefully the confidence of the whole team lifts. Struggling for cover in this area too.

Strikers - Benteke still a beast for me even if he has been poor lately, think he'll kick on big time once he gets a goal and hopefully the confidence of the whole team lifts. Struggling for cover in this area too.

If Kozak isn't totally ruined then I would say we have good cover. I liked what I saw of him before he was injured.

Agreed but think it'll be a long time before we see him back and even then it could be months before he is fit and firing. With such a long term multi set back injury the possibility also remains that he'll never be the same. I have no idea whether that is the case.

Still I'd be focusing on wide attackers ahead of strikers righ now.