January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Would anyone on here like idea of us maybe going for Hatem Ben Arfa in January..

Much better than N'Zogbia but attitude is questionable.

He cant get a game for Hull who are as bad creatively as Villa. no thanks

• Like 1

"If there's someone in January we think can benefit us in the short term and the long term, then the owner is prepared to fund that," said Fox.

"I think he's much more confident in the process around identifying who that player would be and how that player would fit into the long-term planning of the squad.

"Randy is very realistic. The club had some success early in Randy's time here but actually it was playing in a bit of a false position because the league was already changing back then.

"I don't think we were positioning ourselves as a club well for that.

"Randy was spending money then, but what he didn't have then was a line of sight as to 'if I spend that money how is it going to pay back in the future?'

"We didn't really have the set-up to really help us capture our commercial value at the time. That's different now."

http://www.espnfc.com/aston-villa/story/2195703/english-premier-league-paul-lambert-promised-january-cash-to-address-aston-villa-player-needs

Took what was relevant to this topic

• Like 1

"If there's someone in January we think can benefit us in the short term and the long term, then the owner is prepared to fund that," said Fox.

"I think he's much more confident in the process around identifying who that player would be and how that player would fit into the long-term planning of the squad.

"Randy is very realistic. The club had some success early in Randy's time here but actually it was playing in a bit of a false position because the league was already changing back then.

"I don't think we were positioning ourselves as a club well for that.

"Randy was spending money then, but what he didn't have then was a line of sight as to 'if I spend that money how is it going to pay back in the future?'

"We didn't really have the set-up to really help us capture our commercial value at the time. That's different now."

http://www.espnfc.com/aston-villa/story/2195703/english-premier-league-paul-lambert-promised-january-cash-to-address-aston-villa-player-needs

Took what was relevant to this topic

Nice find

Independent have done a January transfer round up for each team, for us they list Anya from Watford as a 'probable' signing. Cleverley, Fletcher and Jarvis listed as 'other targets' and Young down as a 'dream signing'.

I think that's the Tom Ross interview. He certainly talks a good game and bigs up our new? Scouting network so it'll be interesting to see what they turn up. Clubs that've just been knocked out of Europe must have some creative players that'll improve us.

Independent have done a January transfer round up for each team, for us they list Anya from Watford as a 'probable' signing. Cleverley, Fletcher and Jarvis listed as 'other targets' and Young down as a 'dream signing'.

I think he would be a very good signing for us if we went for him. 

I think it's the Telegraph, no? Anyway, not an inspiring list. I hope we add Cleverley, but sad to say Fletcher isn't the same player since his sickness. And Jarvis is just a good Championship player. Anya seems like he would be a good signing, but has he actually had a good season for Watford? 

I think it's the Telegraph, no? Anyway, not an inspiring list. I hope we add Cleverley, but sad to say Fletcher isn't the same player since his sickness. And Jarvis is just a good Championship player. Anya seems like he would be a good signing, but has he actually had a good season for Watford? 

You're right it was the Telegraph, my mistake  :P

He says all the right things to be fair to him.

yeh but wot the **** does the guy even do we pay him millions and he's not done anything why haven't performances improved under fox, fox out

Seriously though he seems like he has a real grasp of how to maximise the commercial potential of us and hopefully it will translate into more success on the pitch. Shame we didn't have him 5-6 years ago.

• Like 1